Happy Holidays, littleshrubby

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Giftee for littleshrubby

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Pay It Forward

Pairing(s): Mark x OC

How Many Words: 2,402

Rating: PG, Slice of Life

Warnings: None


Note to my giftee: Hey there, Min! Um, I tried is all I can say. Haha Ayways, I write as I write, so I dunno how this may turned out for you, but I'm quite happy with it. LOL Also, I'm not one for starting conversations in its own line, so that was kind of hard for me, but because you prefer it that way, I did my best. Um... the confession was a lot harder than I thought and tried to have my sister helped me, but it didn't turned out like what she had suggested for me to do. LOL Another thing, it was hard to choose between Mark, JB, and Jinyoung, but I chose Mark because I find him easier to write with and threw in JB and Jinyoung in smaller roles. Also, the poster was just for fun as I like my stories to have some sort of image. Haha, but yeah that's about it. Hope you enjoy it and happy holidays to you!! ^^


Pay It Forward

 

Min entered her favorite cafe, Chae's Amoretto, where she always stopped by at least four times a week on her way to work, and inhaled the delicious aroma that surrounded the place. With a smile gracing upon her lips, she walked up towards the counter and greeted the cashier casually like always as they've become friends due to her being a regular there.

"Good morning, JB." Min greeted her friend as he cast her a bright smile.

"Morning, Min. The usual?" He asked while already inputting her order while reciting what it was. "A regular caramel mocha frappe."

Min nodded her head in confirmation as she searched inside her bag for her debit card when JB told her that it was already paid for. She cast him a confused look as JB explained that someone way before her had already paid for her drink in advance. When she asked who it was, JB just cast her his eyed-smile not revealing the person as he had forgotten the customer. Min rolled her eyes at his answer, but accepted the explanation anyways as she waited for her drink before heading off to work. Min worked at a company called GMNI GROUP for two years that dealt with providing full service of entertainment and talents where they specialized in event marketing, tour management and production, and concert promotion. Besides tending to a majority of the concerts over the past two years, Min really loved the traveling the most that came with the job.

Anyways, for the next couple of days after discovering this situation when Min visited Chae's Amoretto, she would always be surprised yet curious about all of her drinks already being paid for in advance. Even when she ordered more than one item, it was still already paid for. It made her very curious, yet also frustrated at not knowing who this mystery person was. Many times she asked JB about it, but he always told her he never remembered due to forgetfulness, but Min knew he wasn't a forgetful person. So one day Min tried coming to the cafe even earlier than usual to see if she could catch the person that was buying her drinks for her. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to do so as when she purchased her drink, it was paid for in advanced already.

"Seriously, JB, c'mon. You really can't tell me who it is?" Min asked him for the nth time since this thing has been going on for over a little over a month now and she still didn't know who it was that was doing this. "Or you won't tell me who it is?"

"Hmm, both maybe?" JB chuckled before continuing. "Sorry, Min." JB shook his head with a small smile. "The customer always pays in cash and I never really get to see their face."

"Lies." Min muttered as she let out a sigh while waiting for her caramel mocha frappe.

JB chuckled at his friend's reaction before walking away to tend to the other orders. Min looked about the cafe as today was her day off and she was craving some caffeine after waking up an hour ago. It was past noon already and she needed her daily dose of it to begin her day. When she was about to return her eyes back onto JB, she happened to catch the eye of a familiar person. He waved at her a bit awkwardly although a warm smile resonated from him and Min waved back in the same manner as she didn't expect to see her co-worker, Mark, in the same vicinity since working with him two years ago. She has never crossed path with the guy outside of work and so it was definitely a surprise.

"Here's your mocha frappe, Min." JB said as he placed the cold drink in front of her while breaking her attention away from her male co-worker.

"Uh, thanks, JB." Min let out distractedly as she grabbed her drink.

Min contemplated on whether to say hi to Mark or just wave goodbye instead. She wasn't particularly close with him as she didn't work with him often as they often did different projects majority of the time, but she did have a slight crush on the guy as she could tell he was a thoughtful and sweet person from the little interactions that they did have. Also, it didn't help with all of the talks among her other female co-workers whenever Mark's name popped up or he came into view. He was definitely eye candy that's for sure, but Min never let that distracted her from doing her work though. Well, majority of the time, that is. Min eventually decided to stop by his table and say hi. Just as she was about to verbally greet Mark, another person beat her to it. 

"Mark! Hey." The female zoomed past Min without a glance in her direction and took the seat in front of Mark as Mark's attention momentarily moved away from Min and to the young female in front of him.

"Destiny. Hi." Mark greeted her back with a friendly smile.

Min felt slightly awkward at the turn of events and so shot Mark a small smile even though he wasn't really looking at her while turning around to leave the cafe to spend the rest of her day in leisure. Once she stepped out of the cafe, Min looked to her left and then to her right and wondered which way she should go from here. Laughing to herself silently, she amusingly played 'eeny-meeny-miney-mo' and ended up moving in the direction to her right which was opposite of where she lived.

Casually sipping her cold drink every now and then, Min enjoyed her afternoon walk while glancing at the scene around her. Sure there wasn't much of nature to enjoy as there were small business and residential buildings and vehicles to the left and right of her, but it was still a beautiful day nevertheless. Min always enjoyed these kind of days as it gave her time to just be with the moment and a break from the constant happenings at work. It was eventually interrupted when her mobile phone rang.

"What do you want?" She greeted the person on the other line in a neutral tone while sipping her frappe.

"Is that any way to greet your best friend?" The male asked in a feign hurt tone.

"Why, yes. Yes it is."

"Brat."

"Takes one to know one."

"Touche."

"What do you want Jinyoung?" Min asked getting back on topic while crossing the street after looking both ways. "You don't usually call me on my days off. What's up?"

"I know. That's why I'm calling you now because I'm outside your apartment." Jinyoung explained.

"So? You have a key to get inside, y'know."

"I do, but you're not home. Come back so we can hang."

"I'm in the opposite direction."

"Doing what?"

"Walking." She replied nonchalantly with a smile on her face.

"To where?"

"Wherever my feet take me."

"That's dumb. Tell your feet to come back to your apartment so we can hang out."

Min let out a laugh upon hearing the pouty demand in her male friend's voice.

"Don't laugh at me, Min." Jinyoung whined and Min laughed again. "Ugh, I don't know why we're still friends."

"Me, either." Min agreed with a wry smile as she momentarily stopped walking when the pedestrian crossing light turned red.

"You're not supposed to agree."

"I agree to disagree."

"You're impossible."

"I know. Anyways, seriously is that all you want?" She asked before crossing the street after it had turned green.

"No. I was wondering if you could bring me an iced americano from Chae's Amoretto when you come back."

"No. Get it yourself. It's literally a five minute walk from my place."

"I can't. I have to make sure your place looks presentable."

Min stopped walking upon hearing those words. "What do you meant?"

Jinyoung began to explain to Min that he invited a few friends to her apartment and that they were all going to have like some group study thing and that her place was a perfect place to meet since she lived alone and there would be no roommates to disrupt anything unlike at his place that he shared with two other guys.

"When I get there, your better be gone and telling your friends to find another study spot." Min warned Jinyoung as she turned around towards the direction of her apartment with Jinyoung laughing with 'we'll see' before hanging up on his friend.

"Ugh, that ." Min glared at the blank screen of her hand phone while tossing away the rest of her drink as she wasn't in the mood for the refreshment unlike before. "Such a waste."

When Min was about to pass by Chae's Amoretto and not bothering to get Jinyoung the iced americano he had asked for, she was suddenly hit by the glass door. Min let out a small squeak-like sound as she stumbled back by the sudden force and closed her eyes to steady herself.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry." A female voice began to apologized as it got closer to Min. "Are you alright?" The female asked as Min slowly opened her eyes to give the stranger a calm smile and a nod. 

"I'm fine." She let out and realized it was the same girl from earlier who greeted Mark and sat with him. "I need to get going."

"No, wait." The young woman grabbed a hold of Min's arm. "I think you're bleeding."

Min just stared at the stranger like she was crazy while feeling her face to see if she was indeed bleeding. She wasn't.

"I'm not bleeding so if you co-" Min was interrupted by another person.

"Destiny." Mark called for the stranger's name to which Destiny let go of Min at this point. "What are you doing with Min?"

"Uh, I," Destiny stalled while trying to come up with something, "Um, well, you know, I, I was, I need to use the bathroom. Excuse me." Destiny shot them a wide smile as she went back inside the cafe leaving Min and Mark alone.

"That was weird." Min commented out loud without thinking.

"Yeah, she gets like that when she has other intentions and gets caught while in the process of those intentions." Mark explained while casting Min an apologetic smile. "Sorry about Destiny."

"No, it's fine. It was just an accident." Min dismissed the topic casually with a wave of her hand as she turned to face Mark with a small smile. "Anyways, Mark, I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow. Maybe?"

"Uh, yeah. Maybe. Tomorrow." Mark let out a bit disappointed, but Min disregard that thought.

While in the process of casting the male a small wave of goodbye, Jinyoung called her name from a distance. "MIN!"

The duo turned to look behind Mark to see Jinyoung running up to them. "Oh, hey Mark. Fancy running into you at this cafe and so out of the blue." Jinyoung stated with a hidden smile as Mark looked at Jinyoung with a slight glare while Min wondered what was up with her friend's face.

Jinyoung continued speaking not really explaining anything. "Mark, meet my long time friend, Min. Min, meet Mark who's also one of my roommate and friend of five years."

Min shot Mark a friendly smile before directing a glare at Jinyoung a moment later. "You better have left my apartment the same way when you entered it a while ago, Jinyoung."

"Of course, of course." Jinyoung replied nonchalantly as his eyes darted mischievously between her and Mark. "So what are you two up to?"

"Nothing." They replied in unison as Jinyoung's lips quirked up in amusement. "How about we get something at Chae's? JB and Destiny is already waiting for me because we thought Mark finally confessed about liking you already, Min."

Jinyoung stopped talking with his mouth wide opened at the fact that he just spilled Mark's secret as Mark glared at his friend for saying it out in the open while Min looked at them both questioningly.

"Um, excuse me. What did you just say?" Min asked while tilting her head in confusion at a still stunned Jinyoung who incoherently excused himself and entered the cafe joining Destiny at a nearby table where JB placed two drinks on its surface and stayed.

Min then cast her eyes onto Mark who seemed to avoid looking at her directly. She found his action kind of cute, but not being the type to play games especially with actual feelings being involved, Min just asked him straightforwardly.

"Were you the one that paid for all of my drinks this whole time?" Min asked with a small smile on her face.

Mark nodded his head slowly as he finally glanced at her. "Yeah." He let out a sheepish chuckle while rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "This wasn't exactly how I wanted to tell you though."

"Honestly though, were you ever going to tell me?"

"Eventually, I would, if given the time for it."

"We work at the same company and joined around the same time, Mark. Why now?"

Mark didn't reply as quickly as he tried to find the right words to explain on why he did it, but nothing came to mind.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me, Mark. I won't get mad, but now that I do know, you don't have to keep paying it forward." Min told him with a smile.

"But I want to, Min." Mark interjected and then let out a nervous cough at his slight outburst. "I just do."

Min gave him a moment as so to not rush the male, but she kind of figured it had something to do with mutual feelings.

"If it helps, Mark, the feelings mutual." Min admitted coolly as she looked anywhere, but the male.

Mark's face relaxed as he let out a relieved breath. "It does, Min." He confessed as he bit his lower lip. "You like me, too?"

"Well, like is a strong word, but I'm attracted." She chuckled with Mark joining her.

"I guess, I can take that. It's sounds quite promising." Mark smiled at her before looking inside the cafe to see Jinyoung giving him a thumbs up and then returning his gaze on to the female in front of him while biting his lower lip. "Do you want to get a bite to eat and get to know one another better?"

"Sure. It would be nice to pay it forward with all that you've done so far already." Min agreed as she then heard the glass tapping from inside the cafe and turned to see Jinyoung giving her a thumbs up as well. "I guess we should thank him, don't you agree?"

Mark also turned to look at the trio who were all giving the duo a thumbs up. "I do, but he doesn't have to know that." Mark grinned looking over at Min who also turned to look up at him.

Min agreed with a grin of her own. "Call."