Happy Holidays, XXXBrandiXXX

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for XXXBrandiXXX

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Fate

Pairing(s): Mark x OC

How many words: 2693

Rating: T

Warnings: -

Note to my giftee: Hello! It was a challenge for me to make this kind of story since I'm not really used to making an idol OC but i hope this fulfills your expectations!


Fate

 

Growing up, Celina Mae Hayden have never had any hardships on gaining fame among both her male and female friends, and even the people above and under her age. Why would she? Growing up in Los Angeles with a perfect skin tone, pure black doe eyes, naturally pink lips, and light caramel wavy hair, not to mention that she is also good at ballet, dancing, and taekwondo, she would easily gain friends everywhere she go. How hard would it be to be popular in Korea?

The answer is, extremely hard.

Debuting with 4Tune 2 years ago, Celina thought that it would be easy for her to gain popularity amongst her group members, but things doesn’t go as well as she hoped it to be. Sure, her family and friends back in LA supported her and is one of her fans, but in Korea? She still got some fans, of course, but she is still the least popular member of 4Tune.

And that’s exactly why she’s here today, facing her agency’s CEO.

“You understand why I called you in today, right?” Mr. Yang asked, a smile is evident on his lips. Celina nodded, her brain is already working on the worst situation she could face right now.

“Ever since you were a trainee, I’ve seen your talent as an entertainer and that’s why I told the trainers to push you harder until you could make your debut with 4Tune. The thing is, public’s reaction weren’t as good as we expected. Of course you know that, right?” He revealed, slowing down Celina’s train of thoughts as she is becoming more assured that this might be actually the end of her career. She’s not ready yet.

“We waited 2 years, we thought things would get better as time passed but you’re still stuck at the same position. That’s why—“

Sajangnim, I promise I’ll work harder but don’t fire me just yet,” Celine pleaded before Mr. Yang could finish his sentence, making the middle aged men chuckle.

“Who said I’m going to fire you? No, I was saying I’m trying to find you some other way to raise your popularity,” he said, taking Celina by surprise. ‘So I’m not fired?’ she thought.

“Another way?” she repeated. She is delighted, but a bit terrified as well. Will he form a sub-unit? Or make her do more photoshoots and such?

“Yes. We’ve decided that variety shows are the best way to raise your popularity, so we’re assigning you on a variety show. Your manager will tell you the rest of the schedule, but I do hope that you will be able to shine better. Now, go back to your practice room. You still got another week of promotion.” Mr. Yang dismissed her, which she obediently complied too and bowed before walking off his spacious office and back to her practice room.

On her way back, she couldn’t help but to wonder what kind of variety show will she be on. She hoped that it will be like Running Man or Weekly Idol since it will be easier for her show her talents to the public.

“Oops—“

Not watching her way, Celina accidentally bumped into someone, knocking off the plastic bag the latter brought. Bringing her gaze up, Celina is more than startled to see the figure she just accidentally bumped into.

S-seonbaenim! I’m really sorry I should’ve watched my way,” Celine quickly picked up the plastic bag filled with a can of coffee and some snacks, handing it back to Seungri who is just as startled as Celina is.

“Oh, it should be me who asked for forgiveness. I was too busy with my phone, I’m sorry. Anyway, were you from sajangnim’s office?” the older male asked, looking to the far end of the empty hallway where Mr. Yang’s office is located.

Startled by his question, Celina stuttered as she tried to answer his question. “Y-yes, sajangnim c-called me in earlier since he had something to tell me,” Celina answered, mentally slapping herself for embarrassing herself in front of her ultimate bias.

Seungri raised his eyebrow, wondering why his CEO called the American girl in. He knew that Celina’s popularity isn’t that high in Korea, judging by the small amount of banner she received on her birthdays for the past two years.

“Did he? You didn’t get into trouble, right? Like, forgetting to pay for the ice cream on the convenient store across the street?” Seungri joked, trying to lighten the mood – which actually worked as Celina let out a light chuckle from her pink glossy lips.

“Of course no, seonbaenim! I’m not that clumsy hahaha,” she said, covering as she laughed. Seungri then laughed, smiling at the younger girl. “I’m glad you didn’t,” he said, patting her shoulder gently.

“Anyway I have to go; GD hyeong is waiting for me. So, see you around?” he said, which Celina answered with a nod. “Yes, have a good day seonbaenim!” She said while bowing as Seungri entered the recording room, waving his hand at her and disappeared behind the doors.

Holding back her squeals, Celina ran off to her practice room, thinking that she’s so lucky that Seungri noticed her and hoped that it’s the beginning of her brand new luck.

**

She couldn’t believe it. A couple days ago when she asked her manager about the variety show she’s going to be in, she was honestly a bit disappointed when her manager said that it’s neither Running Man or Weekly Idol. When her manager said it’s a romance variety show, she knew in that instant this wouldn’t end well.

Now, a couple days later, she just finished her first shooting for We Got Married. Yes, that show. Like it wasn’t bad enough, her partner for the show is her nemesis in the business world, GOT7’s Mark Tuan. The famous Mark Tuan, which her manager and CEO couldn’t stop comparing her to just because both of them were from LA, and was in the same high school.

It’s bad, very bad.

“Well, well. Seems like our fate crossed a lot, didn’t it, Celina?” a deep husky voice rang in her ear, alerting her as she looked up to saw Mark Tuan right in front of her, smirking. Celina rolled her eyes; standing up to walk away but Mark grabbed her wrist, pulling her to get back on her seat.

“Well that’s not nice, missy. You’re still salty because of what happened in the past, huh?” Mark whispered next to her ear, making the girl blush. Yes, it’s true that there was something between her and the Chinese-American boy, but it was years ago.

“Keep on dreaming, Mark. And act professional, will you? I’m here only for work,” she spat, pushing the boy away from her and walked to the ladies room where he couldn’t follow her.

Yes, she was hurt since Mark ended up dating with her ex-best friend, but it was all in the past. Yes, she did loathe him and Olive but she learned to let go. Unfortunately, both of them just had to get scouted by a Korean agency, causing them to meet again.

*knock knock*

“May-ssi? Are you inside?”

Celina looked up the door as one of the staff called her by her stage name. Quickly washing her hands, Celina then rushes to the door and opened it, bowing at the staff and smiles.

“I’m sorry I went missing. Am I doing the interview now?”

**

Weeks pass quickly; both Mark and Celina had naturally got closer and seemed to forget about their past conflicts. After being through a lot of missions and spending a lot of time together on set, Celina had seen more than what she knew about him back when they were still in LA, way younger than they are now.

Mark, in the other hand, had grown fond of the girl. He learns every small thing about her, slowly picking up some of her small habits subconsciously. As time pass, Mark slowly regretted his past choice more and more, all because of his ex-girlfriend, Olive.

 

>>>7 years ago

“Mark?”

The young boy jumped as he looked at the blonde girl in front of her, smiling widely with her pearl white teeth. Mark smiled at the girl awkwardly, knowing that he’s caught red-handed staring at Celina.

“Hey, Olive. Um, why aren’t you with Celina?” he asked, quickly regretting it when he realized how wrong it could mean when she had no feelings for the blue eyed girl. Faking a gasp, Olive started her act as she started to smile shyly.

“Were you looking at me all along?” she asked, taking a seat next to the boy. Feeling uncomfortable, Mark moved away from the girl but failing to catch the signal, she scooted closer to Mark, leaving no gap between them.

“Sorry but—“

“You were looking at Celina, didn’t you?” Olive cut his sentence mid-air, making his heart drop. So she knew.

While Mark was busy with his thoughts, Olive started her act again, frowning as she looked down.

“Everyone kept looking at her, though she wasn’t much of a good girl like what you guys might know…” Olive mumbled lowly, which completely got Mark’s attention.

“What do you mean?” He asked, furrowing his brows.

Covering her face with both her palms, a smirk is plastered across Olive’s lips.

Gotcha.

**

Day after day, Olive stuck by Mark’s side, feeding him lots and lots of fake accusations about Celina which later he believed as the truth. The two get closer, completely blind as some of his friends tried to warn him about Olive which he brushed off. Celina was hurt for sure, knowing that her best friend turned around and stabbed her on the back when she knew that Celina liked the boy.

Several months later, Celina was scouted by YG Entertainment and left for Korea to be a trainee. Mark could’ve cared less, moving on with his life with Olive by his side as his loyal girlfriend.

Or did he thought.

One day, Mark found Olive on the basketball team’s locker room – making out with one of his teammate. He was furious, for sure. He lost his chance to be with Celina because he was too stupid, believing in everything Olive said about her blindly.

Mark started to comfort himself, saying that it was all Celina’s fault for not being brave enough to stand up for herself, until one day he auditioned for JYP Entertainment and passed. He’s moving to Korea.

 

<<

Mark opened the door to his and Celina’s ‘house’, thanking the staff and sit on the couch next to Celina as he opened the mission letter. His eyes scanned through the letter and read it out loud for Celina to hear.

 

Today is you and your partner’s last day together TT

Plan out a present for each other before going on your last date!”

 

Mark and Celina looked at each other and stood silent for a couple seconds. They knew this day would come, but they never expected it to be so fast.

“So… Last date, huh?” Celina asked, breaking the ice between the two and grinned sheepishly, trying to cheer herself up. Mark chuckled and rubbed his nape, nodding to his ‘wife’s’ words.

“Well... Should we get going then?” he said, smiling at the girl before standing up.

Why is my heart aching?’

**

After buying presents for each other, Mark and Celina are now getting inside a dog café as their last date’s destination. After getting their orders, the two picked a seat and chuckled as the puppies are coming their way, pooling around their feet.

“They must’ve smelled Coco’s scent with you,” Celina chuckled as she mentioned Mark’s puppy back in his dorm, petting their heads one by one.

“You’re right. They must have smelled Snow’s scent with you as well,” Mark added, being reminded of Celina’s puppy. The girl just laughed and carried one of the pups on her lap.

“You’re just copying my words! Be more creative, Mark,” she chuckled, sipping her drink while eyeing Mark who’s smiling playfully at the golden retriever pup on his lap. “Anyway, Mark,” Celina added, taking back Mark’s attention at the girl, “Let me look at your gift,” she said excitedly while hugging the pup on her lap.

Chuckling, Mark shook his head. “Let’s show it together, okay?” he suggested, which Celina willingly comply.

“1… 2… 3!”

The two put their gift bags on the table, chuckling as they gave each other the gift and peeked inside.

“Whoa-“

“Oh my-“

The two reacted at the same time, chuckling as they looked at each other and pulled the presents. Surprisingly, both of them gave each other the exact same black leather jacket.

“We seriously didn’t plan this!” Mark laughed as he stared at the leather jacket, speechless. Celina, on the other hand, started to tear up. Mark looked up; a frown appeared on his forehead as he saw Celine whose busy wiping her almost falling tears.

“Hey, why are you crying? Don’t cry,” he said, leaning forward to pat her head and smiled as he heard her chuckling.

“It’s just funny and sad that we finally synced up when it’s our last time together,” she smiled, reminding herself of their past bickering because they were too stubborn to let their ego down. Mark nodded in agreement then wore the black leather jacket his ‘wife’ bought him.

Why can’t the ache stop?’

**

“Thank you for the hard work!”

Both Mark and Celina bowed at the staffs as they wrap up the shooting, clapping in unison before greeting the staffs and personally thanked them.

30 minutes later, Celina is about to get back to her manager when Mark pulled her on an empty meeting room at the broadcasting building. The girl frowned and was about to speak up when Mark pulled her into a tight hug, making her body freeze.

“Please stay still while I explain things to you, okay?” He whispered softly. Celina stood still, holding onto his new leather jacket – just like the one she is wearing right now.

“I wanted to say sorry. I was a jerk, believing in Olive’s word without asking you for the truth. I’m sorry I didn’t apologize earlier, my ego was too big. I didn’t you to see my weak side. After you were gone, I found out the truth, but yeah, it was too late. I’m sorry,” he said, trying to compose himself as his heartbeat got quicker.

“And today, seven years later, I want to start it all over again. Can I?” Mark looked into her doe eyes, exhaling.

“Celina Mae Hayden, I’ve been watching you quietly. Back then, and even now. I’m sorry, even after seven years, I am still a coward. But today, I’m asking you, will you go out with me?” Mark’s eyes never once falter as he recites the words he had been practicing for the whole day inside his head.

Celina looked at the male in front of her, speechless. It was hard to accept the truth that it was Olive’s fault, the one person she used to tell all her stories to, but she tried to let go of her grudges.

“Wait, Mark, I… I don’t know if I could do this… We’re both idols, and your fans—“

Celina stopped her sentence mid-air as Mark pressed his lips upon hers, kissing her like how he had been dreaming of.

“I love you, no matter what your answer is,” Mark whispered upon her lips as he pulled away, smiling thinly. Celina tugged on his jacket, looking into Mark’s eyes as he started to look away.

“I can’t accept you now… But I’m also in love with you, Mark,” she confessed, smiling shyly at the taller male in front of her. Mark chuckled to her confession, smiling widely before taking her inside his arms and hugged her tightly

“Then let’s take it slowly, okay?” he asked, leaving a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“Okay… I love you, Mark,”

“I love you too,”

Maybe fate’s not such an after all.’