Happy Holidays, IDEKlilly

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for IDEKlilly

Gift from ???

Title: What was once an unhappy Holiday. (Part one)

Pairing: Markson

How Many Words: 2256

Rating: Comedy, fluff and a little Kissing.


Note to my Giftee: Hi StahpLeo. Happy Holidays. I tried to give you everything you wanted in the story. I’m not too good at writing funny stories but I hope this one fit the bill. I wrote to be continued at the end because I was thinking about writing another part with Jacksons family. If you would like that to happy I’m sure the lovely creators of the Secret Santa send you my user name and I’m write a part to for this. I hope you like it. Merry Christmas


What Was Once An Unhappy Holiday (Part One)

 

Everyone knew that the one holiday that Mark hated the most was Christmas. He’s been away from his family for 5 long years and he couldn’t spend any of those past Christmas’s with his family let alone this one. It’s was too costly for them to fly over this time of year to see him and he couldn’t get enough time to take off work to make the flight back home worth wild so every year he stayed in his nice apartment and spent time video calling with his nieces and family while they had the time of their lives on the other side of the world. He misses having the big home cooked meals and just sitting around with everyone talking and joking around. Christmas was the only time all his family could make it to spend time together and he hated that he was the only one out of the whole family who was never there. Mark spent every Christmas just sitting in from the television just eating whatever he felt like cooking at the time. But Mark wasn’t the only one home alone on Christmas. It seemed like his neighbor Jackson was also home. Usually Jackson would fly to China whether if it was for two weeks or a couple of days to spend time with his parents, brother and niece who would fly up from Australia. But this year it seemed like Jackson was going to spend it alone just like him. Or so Mark thought.

Jackson was inside his apartment trying to make it as clean as he could. He lived in a three-bedroom apartment just like Mark even though they both just lived by themselves. Jackson loved having the extra space for people to stay over in case they were too tired or drunk to go home after having a little fun. Jackson always wished Mark would stay over but since he lived Just across the hall that was never going to happen unless his wish came true. Jackson was in love with Mark. He always knew there was something about him from the first moment they met but he was too scared to do anything about it because he was afraid that it would either mess up their friendship or Mark would turn him down. So, he never went through with anything. Usually Jackson would be on a plane right now since Christmas was five days away and he loved spending time with his family but he wanted to try something different. Jackson knew that Mark hated Christmas because he couldn’t spend time with his family so he wanted to be able to cheer him up just a little. Jackson asked his family to come visit him this year and they all agreed. It would only be his mother and father along with his brother, his wife and his little niece that he has yet to meet. They were the ones that Jackson wanted to see the most anyways. They would talk every couple of days but it wasn’t the same for him. He wanted to be in their company. He missed the hugs from his parents and he missed just arguing with his brother over the little things. There was only one thing left to do before everyone arrived tomorrow and that was to run to the grocery store because his mom said she was going to cook. She always complained that Jackson wasn’t getting enough home cooked meals even though he always told them that he went over to Marks to eat often whenever Mark cooked which was almost every day. That was probably why Jackson didn’t have anything to eat at home since he never ate at home unless it was take out. But his mom didn’t need to know that. Jackson grabbed his phone and wallet after putting on his shoes and coat before heading out the door walking to the elevator.

Mark on the other hand was in his living room trying to figure out what he wanted to do this vacation. His family was out having a good time so he couldn’t call and talk to them and his friends were all going to spend time with his friends. The only person he knew was home was Jackson but he knew that He would come over eventually. Mark was just lying down on the sofa looking up at the ceiling before he decided he should cook something to eat since his stomach was growling. He turned off the television before walking over to the kitchen and seeing what was in the fridge. When he opened it up he noticed that there was nothing left. Then Mark remembered that he had all the guys over the other day before everyone left to spent one last day together. Mark closed the fridge and walked into his room to change before he grabbed his phone and wallet and put on his jacket and shoes to leave to the grocery store. As Mark walked out he saw Jackson walk into the elevator and called out to Jackson to hold it for him. and that is just what Jackson did as he watched Mark run to catch up.

“Where you heading to Markie?” Jackson asked.

“I’m going to the grocery store. You?” Mark asked right back.

“We’re actually going to the same spot. I need things to fill up my fridge for the holidays.” Jackson answered.

“Oh. Who’s coming ov..” Mark couldn’t finish his sentence. Suddenly the elevator stopped in between floors. “What the heck is going on? I already don’t like the holiday but this is like the icing on the cake. Can we just get into the new year?” Mark said grumpily before sliding down the wall and putting his head on his knees.

“Come on Markie. It can’t be that bad.” Jackson said sliding down on the opposite wall looking over at Mark. Jackson pulled out his phone and called the apartment manager. After Jackson finished talking he looked over at Mark.

Jackson looked over at Mark and tried to put on a smile. “Well, it looks like we’re going to be here for a while. You know that storm that was coming this weekend?” When Mark shook his head yes Jackson continued. “It seems like it started a little early. There’s heavy winds outside which knocked over the electrical line coming into the apartment complex. He said to give them a couple of hours. There’s water and energy bars in the emergency kit. That should last us until then.”

“Everyone hates me.” Mark said whining.

“Come on Markie. It’s can’t be that bad. At least you’re here with me and not by yourself.” Jackson said trying to look on the brighter side with a little smile on his face.

“How is that a bright side? I’m stuck in an elevator with someone who doesn’t stop talking. Hm. Let me think.” Mark said to Jackson.

“Hey. You know you love me.” Jackson said with a pout.

Mark couldn’t help but laugh at him. “You know I didn’t mean it. If anyone I’m glad it was you.” Mark said sending little hearts to Jackson.

Jackson looked over at Mark and sent him a heart back. “You remember the Christmas party last year before everyone left?” When Mark nodded his head yes Jackson continued. “This feels so much like that when the guys locked us in the closet. The only difference was then being that we knew when they were going to open it.”

Mark started cracking up. Jackson looked at him like he was weird. “Omg. I remember you got scared at first since it was so dark in there until I held your hand and we just talked.” Mark still couldn’t stop laughing.

“Hey. That’s not funny. It was so dark.” The pout wouldn’t leave Jacksons face. “I’m not talking to you now.” Jackson said acting like a two-year-old.

“Come on Jacks. Don’t be like that.” Mark said making the cutest face that he could. “You know that you can’t be mad at me for long.”

Jackson looked over at Mark as he puffed out his cheeks and made kissy faces. “That’s not fair.” Jackson said whinny. “You look like a cute little chipmunk. How can I be mad at you?”

“I know.” Mark said cheekily. “Now why don’t you tell me why you’re here instead of flying back to China like you usually do?”

Just before Jackson could answer the lights went out in the elevator. Jackson let out the girlish scream that you could even imagine.

“Jackson. Calm down. It’s just the power went out. I’m guessing it started raining. Come over here next to me. You’re such big baby.” Mark said in a caring voice trying not to laugh.

Mark was sitting with his back against the wall and his legs out in front of him. When Jackson was crawling over to him he ended up crawling up his legs. Jacksons hands reached out and touched Marks chest and he just ended up sitting on his.

Mark was a little nervous. He’s like Jackson for so long but he was trying to keep his feelings in since he didn’t know how Jackson felt about him. He didn’t want to get rejected and lose his best friend. “Jackson.” Mark said stuttering. “What are you doing? I said sit next to me not on top of me.”

Jackson on the other hand has wanted this for so long. He’s been in love with Mark since the first time that they met. He just hasn’t had the guts to say anything to Mark thinking that if Mark didn’t return his feelings then their friendship would be down the drain. Jackson was going to confess soon though. He wanted to be able to introduce Mark to his family finally as his party. He just wanted it to be the right time. And this looked like it was that time. Jackson reached into his pocket and turned his phone on and placed it next to then. The light from the phone illuminated Marks featured for Jackson to see. They were staring straight into each other’s eyes.

“Mark I.” Jackson started. it. Jackson thought. He slid his hand up Marks chest to his face. He tilted Marks face up still considering Marks before lowering his face and kissing Mark on the lips. He stayed like that hoping that Mark would respond but when Mark didn’t after a minute Jackson started to pull back.

Mark was frozen in his spot. He’s been wishing for this to happen forever and when it finally did he didn’t know what to do. But when Jackson started to pull back Mark knew that he made a mistake by not responding. So, Mark reached up towards Jackson head a pulled Jackson back and kissed him with a passion. He wrapped his arms around Jacksons neck and held on for dear life.

Needing some air Jackson pulled his head back and opened his eyes looking at Marks closed eyes and flushing face. Jackson’s legs were hurting so he stood up pulling Mark up with him since his arms were still wrapped around his neck. Jackson backed Mark back into the wall before Mark opened his eyes and looked at Jackson.

“Mark.” Jackson said softy running his hands softly over Mark’s cheek. “Will you be my boyfriend?”

Mark pulled Jackson to him leaving no space between their bodies before whispering against Jacksons lip. “Yes.”

Jackson ravished Marks lips in an instance. Sliding his hands down to grab Marks lifting him making Mark wrap his legs around Jacksons waist and his hand around his neck. They stayed in that position taking breaths in-between for a little over half an hour before the lights came back on.

Jackson finally pulled his head back resting his forehead against Marks sliding his legs down so he was now standing on his own two feet. “Do you want to know something?” Jackson asked breathlessly. When Mark nodded his head yes Jackson continued. “I’ve loved you for so long. I was just afraid that you would reject me. So, I waited and waited. And the reason I’m here today is because I decided I was going to tell you and finally introduce you to my parents and my brother as my boyfriend. They’re flying here in the next few days.”

“Do you want to know something funny?” Mark asked Jackson. When Jackson whispered a soft yes against his lips Mark decided to continue. “I think I’ve loved you as long as if not more than you’ve loved me. It just seems like none of us had the guts to say anything about it. I’m glad we got stuck in here. I’m starting to like Christmas a lot more.” Mark said smiling at Jackson.

Just as Mark finished talking the power and light turned back on making the elevator finally open on the ground floor.

Jackson looked over at Mark and grabbed his hand intertwining their flingers. “Come on. Let’s go shopping together. You can cook with Momma once they get here. I know they’d love that.” Jackson said smiling pulling Mark along.

To Be Continued…