Happy Holidays, chocopieyj

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2016 [News update from the 2017.07.01]

Gift for chocopieyj

Gift from

Title of the gift: The Party

Pairing(s): 2JAE

How many words: 1.5k

Rating: G

Warnings: None, really

Note to my giftee: I’m sorry it might be a little off, I’m really sorry, but I hope you enjoy it, happy holidays!!!

 

It was 4 in the afternoon, about two hours until the start of the grand old annual New Year’s party that one of the most influential people working at the same company as Youngjae and Jaebum hosted. Both Youngjae and Jaebum were invited to the party and were planning to go together, but the day before the party it was clear that Youngjae had caught a bad cold.

“Youngjae, you’re sick, give up the act, man,” Jaebum said, seeing how the younger struggled to keep standing for two minutes or more.

“Am not!” Youngjae shamelessly denied, when quite obviously he was close to dying, figuratively of course. Youngjae’s never heard news of someone dying because of a small cold, has he? He didn’t know, his head hurt a bit too much to think clearly.

“You are. And it’s best for everyone if you stay at home today and not go to the party,” Jaebum stated, looking at how Youngjae stared off into nothingness, his illness evidently messing with Youngjae’s head.

“I will go to that party,” Youngjae insisted, putting on his dress shirt and trying his hardest to correctly button it, but for some reason his vision was so blurry Youngjae wasn’t exactly sure it was his shirt that he was buttoning up.

“You’re not, you’ll infect everyone at the party, and the next thing you know, all of us are going to be sick, and then later on because of you and your virus that you spread, we’re all going to spend the 31st in our beds, looking and feeling miserable,” Jaebum overreacted.

“But I have to,” Youngjae whined, following it up with a loud cough further proving Jaebum’s point.

“Okay, but what if I wear a mask and not interact with anyone the whole evening,” Youngjae suggested, deciding to sit down. He couldn’t stand to stand any longer. Youngjae perhaps indeed needed to stay at the comfort of his own home, he was far too sick to ‘party’.

To be honest, Youngjae could not care less about some New Year’s party. Parties like that happen every single year and it wasn’t anything special. But this particular party he had to go to. This year only Jaebum was attending the party, so was Park Jinyoung – an attractive, smart, successful and just a lot better than Youngjae colleague of both Youngjae and Jaebum. Youngjae hated Park Jinyoung. Okay, hate’s a little strong word; Youngjae disliked Park Jinyoung, a lot. And he felt bad about it.

Jinyoung was an extremely nice guy, pleasant to talk to, funny, witty, sarcastic and sassy when needed to be, had a good sense of humor, was into the right kind of music, and just, maybe if Jaebum wasn’t interested in Jinyoung and his perfect , and if Youngjae wasn’t interested in Jaebum’s , Youngjae and Jinyoung could have probably been the best of friends.

Youngjae really didn’t want to be jealous, and he hated that he was. But he couldn’t help it. Jinyoung was perfect, flawless in every way, and seemed to be Jaebum’s exact ideal type, a total boyfriend/husband material. In fact, Jinyoung and Jaebum were actually already close, and are probably one meeting away from asking each other out, which was exactly why Youngjae had to go to that stupid party with Jaebum. He had to keep an eye out for Jinyoung, and just prevent him from seeing Jaebum any way possible.

“Youngjae, that’s exactly the same as not being at the party, expect that you’re there, without your comfortable bed,” Jaebum said, making a good point. Jaebum was quite concerned that Youngjae’s system might just give up on him.

“Hyung, I have to go and you can’t stop me,” Youngjae protested and stood up, weakly punching Jaebum’s shoulder with his small, compared to Jaebum’s, fists.

“Actually, as a matter of fact, I can,” Jaebum said. And it was true. He could stop Youngjae. Even if Youngjae wasn’t sick, he normally was weaker than Jaebum, as the latter had broad shoulders, better developed muscles, worked out more frequently than Youngjae and just in general had good genes.

“Nuh-uh, Im Jaebum, come at me, I’m Choi Youngjae, have you forgotten?” Youngjae boasted, drunkenly swaying back and forth. Jaebum just chuckled, seeing how ridiculous and incredibly adorable Youngjae looked right now, fearlessly standing in front of him, and making all sorts of stupid but gestures, “calling him to a challenge of a lifetime”.

“Youngjae, you usually aren’t very fond of parties with a lot of people attending. You should be using your illness as an excuse and I should be trying to drag you out of your room,” Jaebum was confused as to why exactly Youngjae was so actively trying to accompany him to the party.

“I mean, social events are fun… and they create memories, which I don’t have enough of,” Youngjae tried to reason but with his body temperature at 38,9 degrees and his disability to think clearly at the moment really affected his reasoning skills.

“Youngjae, stop being ridiculous and tell me the real reason,”

“No, really, I can’t really think of anything that’s funner, no more fun, or is it funner? Hyung, is it funner? It’s supposed to be funner, right?” Youngjae trailed off his trajectory, starting to question the human existence.

“Youngjae, look, you’re very worryingly sick, and I’m extremely concerned your conditioned might worsen and something worse could happen to you, and I really don’t want that,” Jaebum concluded, “Is there anything I can do to make you stay at home, and not attend the party, which might actually become the last party you go to?”

“Stay with me,” Youngjae whispered.

“Huh?” Jaebum asked, as he didn’t hear the younger’s answer.

“Stay by my side tonight,” Youngjae said louder this time, “And I won’t go to the party.”

“Don’t go to Jinyoung hyung, I really don’t want that, actually I think I’ll hate you if you do that,” Youngjae confessed, not nervous or embarrassed anymore to open up about his feelings. He liked Jaebum, and didn’t like that Jaebum seemed to like Jinyoung more than him, and that was that. There wasn’t anything that Youngjae could do about that. And at the moment, the Youngjae with a dangerously high fever couldn’t really see the point in lying to Jaebum about his feelings any longer.

“What do you mean?” Jaebum asked.

“I mean, I want you all to myself, and myself only,” Youngjae admitted with a brave look on his face, his eyes shining despite his sickness.

“You want me, huh?” Jaebum smirked.

“Very much,” Youngjae smiled innocently, and hung on to Jaebum, hugging him by the waist.

“I’m not going to let go,” Youngjae said with his burning face buried in Jaebum’s fancy suit.

“You smell good,” Youngjae commented.

“All for you,” Jaebum spoke, aware that Youngjae wasn’t really listening to him, but rather was falling asleep standing, while hugging Jaebum.

Jaebum really, tremendously, enormously liked Youngjae, which was one of the main reasons he agreed to share an apartment with him in the first place. Jaebum usually hated people up in his space, but as for Choi Youngjae, with his bright and innocent smile, cheerful and optimistic outlook, Jaebum couldn’t stand to refuse his request to be “apartment-mates”.

They’ve been living together for a year and a half, and for that period of time Jaebum had tried to flirt and ask out Youngjae multiple times. But whenever Jaebum tried to hit on, or was hitting on him, Youngjae either wouldn’t react, or wouldn’t recognize it as flirting. Everything Jaebum and Youngjae did was always “homo-free”, which obviously lead Jaebum to believe Youngjae was straight as they came, and drop every single of his sinful imaginations of Youngjae.

“You like me, huh?” Jaebum asked out loud.

“A lot. From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I loved you,” Youngjae replied, and Jaebum could hear the sincerity and honesty in his voice along with bravery and relief.

Jaebum was happy. In fact, he was so happy he wanted to fly away. Youngjae, the guy he was in love with, liked him back. Youngjae, the dude who shared Jaebum’s love for old sitcoms with outdated jokes that no one really laughed liked him as well. Youngjae, the music lover, who loved all the same artists as Jaebum did, and attended small indie concerts with him, liked him a lot. Youngjae, one person who understood Jaebum without him having to explain himself a thousand times, but with just one simple eye contact, liked him.

“I’m happy you told me,” Jaebum said, finally hugging back Youngjae. The latter immediately fell into his arms, and god did it feel good to finally hold Youngjae.

“I’m happy I told, too,” Youngjae replied, holding onto Jaebum tighter.