Seven (Part 2)

What if...?

Crash.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of smashed glasses took Chanyeol out of his thoughts, scattering the yearning feeling hosted in his chest and making him jump in his seat.

 

What was that? He wondered, not paying attention to his own feet, which leaded him into the kitchen and gluing him in the doorframe before he could even think about stepping back.

 

Baekhyun’s figure appeared in front of eyes, hand shaking, stains of bright red under the smallest’s feet, swollen and glassy eyes which avoided his owns and eyes he wanted so bad to feel in his owns.

 

“Baekhyun!” His name, so familiar on his lips but so foreign at the same time, slipped in a shaking whisper before he could shout up himself.

 

Baekhyun didn’t heard him and that anxious feeling was choking him because he looked so afraid, he looked so broke and sad and Chanyeol wasn’t maybe welcome in that room, empty except for the clack haired, but he wanted to be.

 

He really did.

 

Well, it.

 

“Baekhyun!” He repeated, louder this time and catching the smallest’s attention finally.

 

It wasn’t supposed to be this way, but Chanyeol couldn’t lie to himself anymore, it was an undeniable fact as heavy as plum; his heart was racing, all his senses awaken, his glance looking for Baekhyun’s one, worry climbing up from his stomach and leaving a tart taste in his mouth.

 

It wasn’t supposed to be this way, but Baekhyun’s eyes met his and, damn it, he missed this feeling, he missed it so badly that his long legs seemed to turn into jelly, starting to shake.

 

It wasn’t supposed to be this way, but it was pointless keep denying it; he missed their friendship so bad it hurt.

 

And he never liked pain.

 

He missed Baekhyun, but now that he was in front of his eyes, crying and with injures all over his hands and arms, the only thing he could thing about was blood.

 

Baekhyun’s blood.

 

Chanyeol didn’t think twice and rushed to help him out, throwing the little fragments of glass out of Baekhyuns gory arms with carefulness, not looking into Baekhyun’s eyes even though when he could feel his glace burning in his skin.

 

When he finished with the smashed glasses, he went upstairs and came back with bandages and ethyl alcohol and started to clean Baekhyun’s injuries, feeling as if the oldest would break if he wasn’t careful.

 

“Yah, clumsy idiot” the words slipped out of his lips before he could take them back “Watch out next time.” Chanyeol tried his best to shake the nervousness out of his voice and stop actin this pathetic, so worried when his friend was perfectly fine right in front of him. Anyways, he was sure there wasn’t to be any next time. He’ll make sure of that.

 

Chanyeol tightened his grip on Baekhyun’s arms before loosed it, praying for his own’s shake he would be able to hold back those tears burning his eyes, and looked down into Baekhyun’s brown dark and sweet like honey glance.

 

He is so small… Thought Chanyeol before he could stop the trail of his own thoughts. Baekhyun was so short and looked so frail with his slender arms bandages in white, surrounded by stains of and red and smashed glasses, he looked so cute still dressed in his oversized red hoodie, so innocent with his swollen glassy eyes popping out of his face in a very amusing way that made Chanyeol’s corners of his lips bend up, staring at him wide open, his nose and cheeks slightly pink, his white teeth nibbling his inner lip and his body still shaking under his touch.

 

And realisation hit Chanyeol like a truck. He wanted to protect Baekhyun, he wanted back his friend, the way how didn’t matter. He wanted back all that they had so many years ago, it didn’t matter how heartbroken he felt back then nor how miserable he was right now. It didn’t matter how much Baekhyun hurt him nor how strongly Chanyeol wanted to forget and hate him.

 

It didn’t matter how many times he wondered what would happened if he’d never met him, the last thing Chanyeol wanted was have to wonder what would happened if he would forgive Baekhyun when he had the chance.

 

Baekhyun’s glance was glued in his bandages, lips slightly parted but without saying a word, and damn it, Chanyeol wanted Baekhyun to speak freely to him again, Chanyeol wanted to hear his voice talking to him and not anyone else. It may seem selfish and overprotecting, but it was true after all.

 

Chanyeol wanted to break all the awkward silences between them, because he was sick of it, he was tired of steal sneaky glances of the elder when he was sure he wasn’t looking, he was weary of watch over and over again how the person who was his best friend once, now avoided him like plague.

 

He was so mentally exhausted he didn’t notice how his lips started to move without his permission. Again.

 

“Y’now” his voice filled the awkward silence between them, lightly shaking, sounding too loud, too hasky and too nervous. Damn it, Chanyeol, put yourself together, put yourself together.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes met his and he felt something do something to his stomach leaving a weird but warm feeling burning his skin, like a bomb about to explode inside his chest, a warm thrill that made him shiver which he didn’t wanted to think too much about just in case he would discover something he wasn’t ready to find out.

 

He never was too good figuring out things about himself, and right now, two steps away from Baekhyun, loud silence again between the both of them and heart racing, wasn’t the best moment to change that flaw of his.

 

Chanyeol sighed shakily, trying to calm himself down, and he surprised himself when the words were much more confident than he felt.

 

“It’s just not cool, Baek” The nickname slipped out of his mouth and he damned himself a thousand times because, damn you, Park Chanyeol, you idiot, stop screwing things up, it’s not time to act like a three years old who doesn’t know how to express his own feelings. Anyways, words keep coming out of his suddenly dry lips.

 

“I just don’t want to spend four days feeling like this”. Because believe me, I feel like and it .

 

The taller looked down to his hands, not daring to look up to his friend anymore and started to play with the end of his T-shirt.

 

Geez. Why was he so nervous?

 

“I forgive you, I really do.” Words spoke before he could take them back and he wished he was voiceless “The question is; can you forgive me?”

 

Chanyeol exhaled the breath he didn’t know he was holding until now and realisation hit him like a train. . Now it was too late to pretend he didn’t care anymore, but he really does forgive Baekhyun. It wasn’t like he ever would have hated him because for what he did, but he forgives him anyways, maybe because he needed more Baekhyun’s pardon for try so hard to hate him back then.

 

Because he couldn’t forgive himself for that.

 

The silence is so heavy between them that Chanyeol thought it could be cut with a knife, and geez. Silence again no, but maybe he rather prefers silence that Baekhyun’s response.

 

Just in case he finds out that Baekhyun doesn’t forgive him.

 

He was contemplating to run away form that awkward situation like the coward he was when a familiar shout made him jump is his spot, almost giving him a mini heart attack.

 

“HYUNG!” He turned around and found Jongin watching the scene with horrified, wide open eyes and jaw dropped to the ground “Oh my lord! Are you okay? What happened?”

 

Jongin has rushed and grabbed Baekhyun’s arms, looking at the imperfect bandages that Chanyeol himself made and he felt something warm burning his cheeks at the thought of how blame his tie-skills were.

 

Because he wasn’t flushing at the thought of Baekhyn’s eyes glued on him whilst he bandaged his injuries, of course not.

 

Kyungsoo appeared at the kitchen entrance before he could shake the flush off of his cheeks. The older gave him a shocked look and seemed to be trying to figure out something Chanyeol didn’t know behind his worried eyes while helping Baekhyun out and cheeking he was perfectly fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sing” Kyungsoo’s voice was authoritative and without hesitation in the now broke silence of his room.

 

“W-What?” Baekhyun stammered confused while his friend rolled his eyes with impatience.

 

“Tell me. What the hell happened, Byun Baekhyun.” He hurried and Baekhyun knew he better tell him everything if he wanted to live.

 

“I broke a plate, sorry” he mumbled looking down to his hands and he swore he could hear his friend rolling his eyes again to him.

 

“I don’t give a damn about the plate, you idiot. I mean what the heck were you and your all lifetime crush in my kitchen in silence, two steps away from each other, Chanyeol cheeks burning like fire and you so nervous you could actually die”.

 

Baekhyun was speechless. It wasn’t just Kyungsoo’s patience reaching its end, which was as weird as a green dog baking cookies, almost unthinkable in his friend; it was what he said, about Chanyeol’s cheeks burning like fire but he didn’t had time to smile at this (since Chanyeol flushing is one of the cutest thigs on earth) because Kyungsoo was clicking his fingers in front of his eyes, bringing him back to the real world.

 

“Baekhyun, I’m talking to you. Get off of your could, I’m waiting for an explanation.”

 

Baekhyun looked up to his friend’s eyes, which were looking at his with impatience and frowning, and sighed. “He heard the plate crashing and came into the kitchen” he started and Kyungsoo’s fury was now forgotten as he listened with every fibre of his body to Baekhyun’s words, shutting up as soon as the youngest started to talk.

 

“He saw the blood and he helped me out. He cleaned my cuts and then bandaged my arms”. He didn’t had time to finish to talk to watch how a wide bright smile speeded across Kyungsoo’s face. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and tried to cover the flush which was starting to tint his cheeks looking away. “Oh shut up”. But Kyungsoo’s smile just became even wider (if that was possible).

 

“And then?” He asked and Baekhyun had to look away because oh my God it was so embarrassing.

 

“HesaidmefeforgivesmeandaskedmeifIforgivehim.” He mumbled without vocalize, giving up on hide his flaming red cheeks from his friend. Kyungsoo frowned but kept smiling at him.

 

“Can’t hear you-” His friend almost sang in a teasing tone and it was enough for Baekhyun.

 

“PARK ING CHANYEOL, AKA YOUR BELOVED COUSIN, TOLD ME HE FORGIVES ME AND ASKED IF I FORGIVE HIM TOO BECAUSE “ALL THIS AWKWARDNESS BETWEEN US IS JUST NOT COOL”. ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW, DO KYUNGSOO?” Baekhyun yelled and, as soon as he closed his mouth, he rushed to hide his face in the nearest pillow and surely die because he knew Kyungsoo way too well and it wouldn’t take him more than a couple of seconds before realise what he just said.

 

“WHAT?!” his friend shouted almost as loud as Baekhyun and the latest could feel his eyes burning in his nape “AND THEN WHAT?”

 

“AND THEN YOUR SOON TO BE BOYFRIEND JONGIN CAME INTO SCENE” He kept yelling, this time voice muffled because of the pillow. Baekhyun, despite his face was now probably as red as a tomato, indulged in with the sight of Kyungsoo’s cheeks, almost as red as his and smiled to himself.

 

Kyungsoo kept silence for minutes, almost worrying Baekhyun because he can’t be angry with him, can he?

 

Finally, Kyungsoo sighed, the fire on his cheeks had died already and Baekhyun arched an eyebrow to his friend who seemed to think too much about something.

 

“What’s the problem?” The youngest asked, examining Kyungsoo’s poker face.

 

“You’re the problem, idiot” Baekhyun was puzzled but, for his fortune, his friend spoke before he could ask why “Man up for once and tell him that you forgive him, it’s not that hard. I swear you two are getting on my nerves. For a moment I thought I swiped personality with you and that was weird as hell. I am supposed to be the shy friend here and you the sassy one. Who are you and what did you do to my Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun’s smile fell with the sweet thought of how similar this conversation was with the ones they had in their high school times. He felt like a part of his life had been returned to him but this piece didn’t fit in now in his actual life. Because everything has changed, everything was different now even though it didn’t seem like it, even though when he didn’t want it to be different.

 

“There’s more you’re not telling me, there’s it?” Kyungsoo’s calm voice spoke again and when Baekhyun looked up to him his face was blurry because of salty tears, glassy eyes and impotence, too much impotence and pain.

 

Kyungsoo gave to his friend a concerned look and hurried to try to comfort his friend, but he was lost. Baekhyun almost wanted to laugh, wiping out the tears that had started to roll down to his cheeks.

 

“Just give me a hug and tell me that everything will be okay, you idiot.”. His voice sounded hopeless and broke, but he didn’t mind anymore. Maybe there was no point trying to hide it anymore.

 

His friend hugged him awkwardly because he wasn’t the tactile kind of person but damn it, what Baekhyun needed now was to cry a bit more, being a crybaby a bit more, maybe his eyes would dry soon, maybe it wouldn’t more tears he could cry soon.

 

Maybe it would stop hurting so much soon too.

 

It was stupid, crying over the same person over and over again, he was stupid, but he was so stupid because of Chanyeol. That dumb giraffe with elephant ears that walked like a penguin. That goofy kid half a year younger than him but ten centimetres taller.

 

That kind and golden hearted man that smiled him and made him feel like he cared about him, that person that took his heart away and never gave it back.

 

Baekhyun assumed it was because, now, it belonged to him.

 

Baekhyun pulled back of the hug and smiled to his friend, mouthing a weak “thank you” calmer but sadder. Kyungsoo shook his head and smiled to him feebly, smile that didn’t reached his worry eyes.

 

“It’s nothing” Baekhyun smiled back, but it fell into an ugly grimace. Silence found his place between them and didn’t move for minutes.

 

Kyungsoo’s words were what broke it.

 

“You can tell me” he started, that pity glow in his eyes and Baekhyun was trying his best to not punching him because he hated to be pitted and he had told him to NOT pity him, but his impulse died as soon as he realised.

 

He was pity.

 

“Maybe you don’t want to talk about it now but-“

 

“Saebyul is cheating on Chanyeol, Kyungsoo” Baekhyun spited cutting him of, hands closed in fist, fierce in his eyes and pain in his chest, but, at the same time, he felt relieved, because he was finally speaking.

 

Finally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, thank you so much, guys. I have no words to thank you all for all the support you gave me with the last chapter. Thank so much for all the comments, they actually cheered me up and gave me the strength I needed to finish this second part. Also, sorry for freaking you out with the crash thing xd

Both of them are making progress? I think??? What do you think? Am I going too fast? Time for some fluff?  (I mean, this is supposed to be an angst and fluff fic not 90% angst 10% fluff).

Special thank to ChanBaekHyunYeolEXO, ToppDoggstan, HongbinOfficial, JUSTCHANBAEKK, and ChanBaekGarbage. You're the sweetest.

 

Love y'all.

 

Twitter   -   Tumblr   -   YouTube Channel