Peter Pan Ch.5

Peter Pan

Chanyeol woke up as he had seemed to always wake up during most of Baekhyun’s month-long stay in the hospital. His wounds were healing at a slow rate, almost too slow. If his body was functioning normally he would have been out two weeks ago, but with the news of Akira’s death, his body started to function differently. He healed slowly while hardly ever eating. Most of Chanyeol’s time was spent trying to feed something to Baekhyun, hardly ever succeeding. And it hurt him. His best friend had turned into a scrawny male who was barely recognizable; every time Chanyeol looked at him he felt his heart break more. The person he loved the most lost who they were because they lost the person they loved the most, and he hated that. He wrapped Baekhyun’s small hands with his own and held them gently against his mouth. Not long after the shorter male begun to stir and a soft groan left the older male’s lips. Chanyeol lets go of the smaller hands in order to allow Baekhyun to sit up then looked down at the bowl of matzo ball soup and bread he was to try to feed the male. Please. Just go back to normal. I want to see your smile again.  With that thought in mind, he solemnly grabbed the bowl of soup and the spoon.

“Come on Baekkie. Let’s try again shall we?” The boy looked down at his lap but nodded slightly. Chanyeol smiled softly and spooned up some of the soup then held the spoon in front of Baekhyun’s mouth. The male ate slowly and the process was repeated in silence until they were halfway through the bowl of soup.  Suddenly a male who looked exactly like Akira entered the room carrying a bouquet of roses. Chanyeol tried to keep his face as straight as possible while Baekhyun teared up.

“Why are you here… Seungjoon.”

 

A/n: Here have a double update due to my lateness with the last chapter.