Peter Pan Ch. 4

Peter Pan

When Baekhyun woke up again it was an hour later and he was alone in a hospital room. He tried to sit up but he couldn’t so he just lay there and tried to remember what happened. He remembered arguing with Akira and Akira running a red light. A car slammed into them and the next thing he remembers after that is holding tightly onto Akira’s hand. He looks at the door hopefully as Kyungsoo enters slowly with the other members. They sit on his bed somberly which raises sudden red flags in Baekhyun’s mind.

“Guys… Where is Akira?” They look away from him.

“He… He didn’t survive.” The words that left Jongin’s mouth left everyone still and silent as Baekhyun processed the words. Once he realized what Jongin had said the only thing he could do was sob hysterically and try to hold on his screams. After four hours he was spent drifting in and out of consciousness. Kyungsoo wiped his face with a wet rag as Yixing massaged circles into his hand.

“It’s my fault… If I didn’t say what I did he would have noticed the red light and stopped.”  Joonmyun sighs and they hug him carefully.

“Baby you can’t think like that.” But it was like Kyungsoo’s words fell on deaf ears. Soon after Baekhyun fell asleep in their embrace and dreamt of Akira. And how he just wanted to say that he was sorry.  When he woke up again it was just Chanyeol in the room. He fell asleep with his head in Baekhyun’s lap with a tight grip on the male’s hand. It was as if he was scared of losing the male.