Peter Pan Ch.13- The end

Peter Pan

When Chanyeol arrives back at the dorm it is dead quiet as everyone is asleep, well at least he thinks everyone. So there was no way he could his surprise, or the smell of gunpowder from his clothes when he spots Baekhyun sitting on his bed with his legs crossed.

“What took you so long?”
“I took Jimin to the dump to show him some of my shooting skills before taking him home. What are you doing here?”
“Seunghoon is mad at me and not answering his phone. He said he needed time and I felt lonely in the apartment so I snuck in through the window.” Chanyeol nods and grabs a shirt and changes into that.

“What did you guys fight over now?”

“He got mad that I bailed out at last minute on our date to have dinner with you guys though I said I would make it up to him. He said he was gonna go for a walk and he wanted to spend a week away from each other to think things through.” Chanyeol nods before climbing into the bed and lying down which causes Baekhyun to lie down next to his side and cuddle close. Chanyeol loops his arms around Baekhyun’s waist loosely before beginning to hum so the older male fall asleeps. It works in no time and the smaller male is sleeping soundly in Chanyeol’s arms just like when they were together. Chanyeol smiles before drifting off to sleep. Before they knew it a week had passed and each day without contact from his boyfriend, Baekhyun was growing agitated. A missing person’s search was issued for both Seunghoon and Jimin but no one has found them yet, Chanyeol isn’t even quite sure where the bodies have washed up. He just hopes that it is very far away from civilization. And then from there a month passed and he was with Baekhyun again as Baek had given up all hope of hearing from Seunghoon again. He smiles brightly as Baekhyun approaches him with a smile on his face, carrying the newspaper before the male holds it up to show him the ad for the adoption center nearby.

“Look at how adorable the kids are we should get one!” Chanyeol just smiles and nods before holding out his hand to look at the newspaper. Baekhyun gives him the paper without complaints as per usual and watches as Chanyeol fixes it to the front page and starts reading, he tilts his head as something halfway down the page makes him pale. Chanyeol just stares as Baekhyun recognizes the two bodies in the picture to be both Seunghoon and Jimin, he watches as the gears start to turn in his head before the light of realization dawns in his eyes.

“You killed them…” Chanyeol says nothing and watches as Baekhyun’s eyes fill with tears.
“WHY? YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULD STOP YOU PROMISED.” By then Baekhyun was hitting him with tears flowing down his face. Chanyeol just sighs and hugs him close tightly.

“They had intentions of hurting you Baekkie.”

“Seunghoon I could understand how you get get that notion but JIMIN? HE WAS JUST A KID CHANYEOL!” At that moment Chen walks in while humming their song XOXO.

“Oh are you guys fighting again?” Baekhyun says nothing and just throws the newspaper at Chen while glaring at Chanyeol. Chen reads it and nods his head before looking between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Chanyeol nods slightly but Baekhyun doesn’t see it.

“Baek, remember that black dahlia Chan and I gave to you?”

“Yes why?” The questioned says while blinking.

“Well you see, dahlias usually symbolize elegance and dignity. But they can also be used as a sign of betrayal or warning- for you it was a warning of the betrayal to come.”

“What do you mean?” Chen and Chanyeol just smile as Chanyeol wraps his arms around Chen’s waist and kisses him deeply right in front of Baekhyun. And Baekhyun does nothing but just stare at them with his mouth agape. He does snap out of his daze though when the kiss breaks apart and Chen twirls a knife against Chanyeol’s chest. Chanyeol smiles.

“You know Baek… Those pills never worked, you know the one that was suppose to help me get better? What’s even better was that I found someone just like me, someone that I could be crazy with.” And as his best friend and supposedly boyfriend crashed lips again he looks around his small apartment for a way out, before remembering the trapdoor next to his kitchen island that dropped into the apartment below his, a cop’s. He starts backing away slowly as Chanyeol shoves his tongue into Chen’s mouth and makes it to the door without them realizing it. However, Baekhyun had forgotten just how loud the door was when you open it and before he could jump down there was a pair of strong long arms around his waist pulling him away from the door as Chen slams it shut and locks it.

“There’s no escape for you mister.” Baekhyun squirms in horror as Jongdae walks closer with the knife before he takes it and slides it down Baekhyun’s torso slowly.

“I’ve been dreaming about this day Baekkie~ Ever since you took Akira away from me, now you know how it feels to have everything taken away from you don’t you? To lose everything?”

“Jongdae stop. We were in middle school then we hardly even knew what it meant to like someone at that time. And then only when he understood what it meant did he leave you I had no play in it and I most certainly did not like him when he was with you, you knew that. You were then when he was courting me, trying to get me to feel the same.” Jongdae leans close to Baekhyun’s ear, making sure not to stab him and kill him just yet.

“Liar.” He whispers right before he plunges the knife into Baekhyun’s vital organs then pulls it back out and stabs him in the neck. He watches the blood spill all over the place and fill in Baekhyun’s throat with a small kitten smile as Chanyeol looks at him with pride evident in his eyes and smile. And just before Baekhyun blacks out and crawls into the arms of death does he hear Jongdae whisper one thing in his ear once Chanyeol lets him drop to the ground.

“I’m sorry. He made me.” And everything becomes black around Baekhyun as his eyes flutter close.

Floating, he’s floating. Everything is a mixture of black and white and laughter echoes around him.  He smiles as his memories with Akira flutter onto the white areas.  The first time they met in middle school because Jongdae had dragged the male to Baekhyun by the hand claiming that they were dating, the day he left Jongdae, their first kiss, when they took each other’s ity. When they found out his mom was pregnant with a little sister, when they went to prom, their first argument on their three year anniversary because Akira had cheated on him for the first time with Taekwoon. Baekhyun jumps in surprise as a small gold glowing female figure appears in front of him, he follows her past the memories of him and Akira while laughing because of how much alike this was to the song he wrote when Akira died. Not before long there stood Akira in a ridiculous Peter Pan outfit on with a wide smile. He extends his hand to Baekhyun with a wide smile.

“I see you followed our little Tinkerbell. Now come, let’s erase our sad ending and be happy together forever.” And Baekhyun could not help the smile and blush that blossomed on his face at the words before he took Akira’s hand.

“Wait where’s Seunghoon and that guy Chanyeol killed?”
“Jimin? They’re waiting for us. I’m here to guide you to our dream world.” Baekhyun just nods and before long they’re off hand in hand floating past the bad memories of their lives before entering a field of red tulips, in which Seunghoon and Jimin stand in the middle in each other’s arms. After being filled in with the story of how they were lovers until the accident happened which caused Seunghoon to be with Baekhyun, the shorter male could do nothing but apologize profusely to both males. They both laugh before hugging Baekhyun.

“It’s okay. We can all be happy together now.” Jimin says before he pulls Akira into the hug. And Baekhyun just nods, for once feeling completely happy since the day Akira died.

 


Well here we are guys, at the end. Honestly originally I had a different ending planned but that was quite sad so I changed the ending to this one which is a bit more bearable. I hope you enjoyed the story. I will possibly post one more update after this but if I do it will be about the playlist and why the songs are in the playlist. Thanks for reading ^~^