CHAPTER 8 - The World We Live In

The One You Found

== Chapter 8 ==

 

                                                                                                       The  World We Live In                                                                                                     

Taejin was in charge of introducing all of the details and Jimins role in their plan. Sera. That was her name, Jimin finally being able to put a name to the person he had seen in the picture which he had found in Jungkooks wallet; the person who he hated and seeing all these other pictures of her, he could only envy her beauty. It was no wonder Jungkook was cautious about who was to approach and monitor her.

 

He learned everything, - everything about her to the last detail, the people around her, the people Jungkook and Taejin suspected to be involved and details of their business.

 

It was two weeks before he was finally able to approach as a new bodyguard recruit.

 

There were always her secretary and a guard near her. Jimin and Hyuk who was also one of the other new recruits stayed a bit further. Seeing her in person, Jimin couldn’t help but admire her beauty, she looked just as she did in all of the pictures he had seen of her. 

 

=

 

“From what I understand she is going to meet someone important today, all the new recruits along with me were told to go home for today. I can only assume it’s very important, that they don’t want outside people to even know anything about it” Jimin reported directly to Jungkook over the phone, the second he had left what seemed like a mansion in his eyes.

 

“Follow her, and find out where the meeting place is” Jungkook instructed “Watch out for familiar faces, and make a list of anyone you see” he said the last command before hanging up abruptly, and Jimin cursed in annoyance. He wasn’t expecting to have a lovely talk with the other, but being treated in this manner worked up his nerves. 

 

-

 

Jungkooks phone vibrated, following a short ding like noise, and he looked at the screen, opening the text message from Jimin with an address and the name of some restaurant.

 

“Taejin, let’s go” Jungkook said getting up, and Taejin followed behind him.

 

-

 

Jungkook opened the door, and there was no one there. It was completely empty of people, and contained barely any furniture. He looked like a fool, and he felt his anger growing.

 

This was not the meeting place after all, but rather a place she was to be picked up from by someone else. This did tell him something however, to go to this extent of secrecy, she was definitely involved one way or the other, and today they missed the chance of finding out who she was working for, the mastermind of it all.

 

“We need to go quickly” Taejin said, clearly uneasy “There’s bound to be someone around and they may recognise you”.

 

“I know” Jungkook answered annoyed “” He cursed under his breath, this whole situation running through his mind. They were so close to finally finding something out, and it all fell through so easily, that he couldn’t accept it so easily.

 

=

 

Jimin found himself on a forest road, and he could only begin to wonder if he got the address wrong. He drives for little longer, deciding to turn back, and just call Jungkook to tell him that he gave him the wrong address, till his eyes caught a familiar car further down the road, and a figure standing outside of it.

 

He got out of his car, after parking it close by to the other, and he could already hear Jungkooks shouting, clearly directed at him.

 

“How could you lose her!?” Jungkook shouted angrily, “This kind of opportunity might not come around soon again, and you screwed it over just like that”

 

“It’s not that easy, and how was I supposed to know they have prepared so much just for a meeting” Jimin found himself shouting back just as angrily now. It wasn’t his fault, and he couldn’t understand the other taking all his anger out on him.

 

“I showed up there like an idiot, to find no-one there. If someone had recognised me, they would of know that I was tailing her. You ed me over” Jungkook ranted on, still shouting at him.

 

“You ed me over literally” Jimin shouted back in frustration, before realising himself his own words, and instantly feeling regret.

 

Jungkook just froze, not finding any words to retort to that remark. There wasn’t much denying that one, he really did have done that after all.

 

“Go find her” he motioned before walking off. That was one argument Jungkook knew he wasn’t going to win, so there was no point even continuing it.

 

“How do I find her!?” Jimin yelled, watching the others back, as Jungkook walked off towards his own car.

 

“I don’t care” the other simply yelled back.

 

“If you need her, then you go find her, I’m going home” Jimin shouted again, turning to get into his own car. What kind of idiotic command was that, “go find her” he repeated the words mockingly as he the cars ignition, how could he possible know where she was now?

 

“Ah” Jimin yelped surprised, as Jungkook driving past him suddenly honked. How childish was he?

 

=

 

It puzzled him. Why did Jimin become a thug when he was clearly unsuited for it?. All his emotions were pouring out so visibly, like even now, Taejin was writing things down on a board and trying to explain some of the key points for Jimin to look out for - as they sat in Jungkooks living room, and yet Jimin was openly glaring at him, annoyance written all over his face.

 

Jungkook just scornfully smirked, he felt childish by trying to annoy the other, but it was fun watching the other take the bait, and furrow his eyebrows in response even more.

 

“Is that all clear?” Taejin asked, looking back at Jimin, - unaware of the silent battle between the two.

 

“Yeah” Jimin nodded “Fully clear”.

 

Jungkook felt slightly surprised, was the other actually able to listen to Taejin speak and send death glares at him? Because Jungkook had no idea what Taejin had been on about this whole time.

 

“I’ll go get the papers from my car then” Taejin said, “They should be a good example when you look for the real ones”. It’s been nearly two weeks after Jimin had joined as Seras guard, and it seemed like the other was doing exceptionally well. Jimin was getting more access, that it made Jungkook wonder what Jimin was doing earn Seras trust that quickly and the thought somewhat annoyed Jungkook.

 

-

 

“Say, why a thug?” Jungkook asked, after Taejin left the room and Jimin just raised an eyebrow.

 

“Why did you become a thug?” Jungkook asked more clearly now, “What about grandma? Did you just leave her!?” he asked the last question somewhat irritated by the idea of grandma by herself in that isolated place, and Jimin here uselessly acting like some thug.

 

“She died” Jimin answered somewhat indifferently, like it was just any other person they were talking about.

 

“How? When?” Jungkook couldn’t help himself, his expression growing solemn. She looked so strong the morning he left, he couldn’t imagine how her health could have changed so drastically in just three months’ time.

 

“The day you left…” Jimin answered, not sure why he was even responding to Jungkooks questions “There was a storm on her way back home…” Jimin just let the words trail off, and Jungkook knew what the other meant by them. He remembered Jimin telling him that it was too dangerous for boats to go out during a storm and what it meant for some.   

 

He watched the other with a grim expression, thinking over Jimins words, then he felt a painful tug inside, as he fully grasped what it all meant. They both lost everything. They were both left on their own in this world.

 

Suddenly the thought kept ringing through his head, - he left Jimin by himself, only for his grandma to be gone as well. He knew he didn’t do anything wrong, he knew that, but he still couldn’t help himself from feeling disgusted with himself. He left Jimin behind, when the other needed him the most…

 

Was the desperation of being needed by someone so big, that Jimin just joined anything, even if meant allowing himself to become this way? He wanted to say something to the other, he did, his mouth opened to speak, and closed at the sound of the door opening.

 

“Here” Taejin said, taking out some papers from a white envelope, “You need to look for something like this” he said, now handing the papers over to Jimin who took them and began scanning with his eyes the contents that they bared. Jungkook watched the scene before him, feeling somewhat sick in the stomach and finding it hard to control his expressions.

 

In this instance Jungkook was using Jimin, Jimin who was someone who even if Jungkook wanted to deny or hide, still loved. Right now, he was using Jimin who just like him was left by himself in this world and who just wanted a purpose to belong in this life.

Jungkook stood up abruptly, with Taejins and Jimins eyes shooting up at him from the papers, somewhat challenging Jungkook to explain what he was doing.

 

“I’m going to rest” Jungkook explained, even if the others hadn’t actually asked the question in words, - looking only at Taejin, feeling himself unable to meet Jimins eyes. “You don’t need me here anyway” he further spoke, before turning to leave, hearing Taejin mumble something in agreement.

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

And another chapter up! woo! ≧▼≦ 

and we are still not yet there where I want this story to be at...눈_눈

but!!!! ಠ_ಠ

Next chapter.... what will happen in the next chapter!??

...maybe something exciting!?◕_◕

Thank you to those who keep leaving kind comments!!

and those who subscribe!

 ̄ ³ ̄