CHAPTER 5 - To Seize Your Memory

The One You Found

== Chapter 5 ==

 

                                                                                                       To Seize Your Memory                                                                                                      

Jimin was terrified, in all the years that he had lived here, he had never seen a dead person before. ‘He must of drowned’ he thought, looking at the lifeless body laying on the sand near the shore and rocks.

 

There were at least 2 people that drowned just in the past 4 years, but Jimin never got to see the bodies; he only had read the news, or heard the gossips about it. His father had disappeared during a storm on one of his fishing trips, and the body had never been found. His mother not long after drowned herself, and although her body was found some time after, his grandma never allowed him to see her body. He could only ask for her body to be cremated so he could scatter it to the sea, where his father must be laying in. She must have wanted to be closer to him, in order for her to drown herself willingly.

 

He didn’t want to go closer to observe the body, he just studied it from what he considered to be a safe distance.

 

From where he was, he couldn’t clearly see the details of the others face, but he could only guess it wasn’t a local person. The clothes on the other looked so out of place for this type of closed off village.

 

A cough from the other, startled him, and he turned to run in shock and fear, soon after stopping, at the realisation what that cough indicated. ‘He’s alive!’, he turned back, slowly approaching the figure, just in case he was wrong, and it wasn’t really the other that coughed. Even without humans this place was noisy, with all the wind, waves crashing against the rocks, sea foam and the birds screeching, it wouldn’t be surprising if he heard wrong, or mistaken one of the sounds for a human’s cough.

 

Another cough followed it, and Jimin was sure the other was alive. He rushed over, quickly kneeling down, and turning him onto his side. The other coughed again, water quickly leaving through his mouth, and Jimin watched in fear.

 

“A-are you ok?” He asked softly, the words barely audible in the noisy surrounding. There was no reply, and no more coughing and for a second he was scared that the other had died in his hands. Soon the fear disappeared, noticing how the other chest was lifting and dropping steadily.

 

He turned the other to face him, and he froze, his mouth somewhat gaping now as he studied the strangers face.

 

He was the most beautiful creature Jimin had ever seen in his whole life...

 

-

 

He wanted to tell Jungkook the truth so often, so often he did, but he was too selfish to do it. He wanted the other as his own, he wanted for Jungkook to never remember that women in the picture ever again. Jimin hated her, he hated her, and he wished that Jungkook and her never met again, Jungkook was his now, and he wanted it to remain that way forever. He knew it was stupid to believe that he would never regain his memory, but he couldn’t help to hope.

 

Once he told the lie to the other, he couldn’t bring himself to correct it. He felt too embarrassed to confess about it, even more, he was scared the other would leave if he knew that there was nothing binding him to Jimin or this isolated place. He felt too lonely, that just having the other acting like his friend in the beginning made him happy.

 

He knew he was disgusting for hiding the truth from the other. For not letting the other go when he should have, and he was aware that the day will come when the other will remember his old life and Jimin will be someone Jungkook will hate the most in this whole wide world, but Jimin only hoped that by the time it would happen, Jimin would no longer be in this world… he didn’t want for Jungkook to hate him.

 

=

 

He laid on the bed motionless for hours. When his mind finally came back around from the sound of the harsh wind and he looked around the room which was filled with a dim light and he sat up.

 

“Grandma” He mouthed the words, now standing up almost frantically, as he walked over to the window, studying the outside. There was a storm, how could he have not noticed all this time?

 

“Grandma” He called out, not even caring about his ripped shirt, and he rushed through the door.  He ran down the corridor to her room, hearing loud noises from it before quickly opening the door, just to find the room in dim evening darkness. Even the limited light, he could see everything scattered around, the window open and the curtains getting flung around by the harsh wind. He felt something in his stomach drop.

 

He walked over to the living room, turning on the light and looking around and finding no one there, - by the end of it, he had searched all the rooms in the house. He stood still unsure of what to do next. He knew she had to be back by now, she had to, so why wasn’t she home yet?.

 

The phone rang, and by the end of the call he felt blank and emotionless. Nothing felt real anymore. How could everyone leave him?

 

He opened the door to the outside, the door handle quickly being snatched out of his hand, as the door swung open full force from the gust of wind. He stepped forward, feeling the strength of the wind hit his body, but he didn’t care, he just continued to walk down the path leading to the lighthouse.

 

There were branched scattered everywhere, some smaller twigs falling onto him, and scratching at him, but he felt no pain, he felt no emotions within himself.

 

Even barely half way through the forest he could hear the waves crash.

 

He made it to the lighthouse, feeling his small body being pushed around like a rag doll by the strong gushes of wind.

 

“Why did you have to take her!?” He screamed, the tears finally filling his eyes “Why did you have to take the last person I had from me!? Why!?”

 

The sea was harsher than anything else in the world. It took everyone he loved from him, even the one person it gave him in return for his parents lives, still ended up leaving him, and now, the last person he treasured was also taken away.

 

Had he known this would happen, he would of went with her. Wouldn’t she be lonely by herself now, in this vast frightening sea?

 

-

 

The hot sun was scorching his skin and he could only wake up in agony at the painful burning sensation.

 

He looked around puzzled for a while, seeing the open sea before him, he had feel asleep at the lighthouse. But why…?

 

Grandma. The thought came to taunt him, and he felt a jab of pain ring up inside of him, suddenly the painfully burning skin of his becoming seemingly nothing, when compared to what he felt inside.

 

He forced himself to get up. He barely dragged his feet over the sand, - later tripping over the broken branches that were scattered everywhere in the forest from the storm and this time feeling the actual pain of the branches scratching onto his skin.

 

Even from the distance he could see a car parked outside the house, and a person pacing back and forth by the door. The man, as Jimin could now make out, and who had just spotted Jimin, stopped suddenly in his track, and began walking over towards Jimin, that serious expression finally becoming visible before Jimins eyes.

 

“I’m so sorry” He said when he got nearer, sure that Jimin would be able to hear him “Because of the storm, I wasn’t able to come by yesterday, the roads were blocked off, and-” he stopped, realising that he hadn’t even introduced himself properly, although Jimin already recognised his face from the local newspapers he had seen before, - a local police officer.

 

“I-” He began “I understand someone notified you yesterday” he said grimly and Jimin could only nod in reply, feeling the lump coming up on his throat.

 

“I need you to come with me to identify the body” He continued, that grim expression not leaving his face, and a tint of sadness washing over his expression as he watched Jimin and Jimin could only nod again, steeping forward to follow the other to the car.

 

Compared to having to go and identify the body, he felt rather surprised by how quickly her body was found. Even if the sea had returned her body so quickly, it first took her most important possession from it, leaving her like a lifeless doll, and he could only feel agonising pain arise in his chest at the thought.

 

How soon will her ashes be scattered into the sea…

 

=

 

He sat in a bathtub full of now freezing water contemplating, what did it feel like to drown? Would all your worries disappear?

 

‘I hate you so bad, that I wish you would die’ suddenly the words rang through his ears and although he couldn’t see the other at the time, he knew the others face must have been filled with disgust and hatred towards him.

 

Having seen his grandmas lifeless body, which looked so calm and still, made him curious.

 

Would dying hurt less than it did being alive by yourself?

 

If the water was to take him as well, no would care, and probably no one would know…

 

He felt so dirty inside out, and he wanted to wash it all out… he slid down, his body submerged and his face quickly disappearing from above the water surface...

 

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

Actually writing this chapter feels quite sad... ಥ_ಥ 

I should have just written about rainbows instead...  ̄ ³ ̄