CHAPTER 7 - The You I Don't Recognise

The One You Found

== Chapter 7 ==

 

                                                                                                       The You I Don't Recognise                                                                                   

“Let’s break off the wedding” he said coldly, as the two of them sat in the café. They hadn’t discussed a new date for the wedding after his return, so it felt quite funny even bringing it up this way. The closest thing they had to it were the wedding pictorial pictures, which they had taken a month before they were to get married, and which were useless now.

 

“What do you mean?” she asked shocked at his words.

 

“Let’s break up” he answered, pronouncing the words more clearly this time “I can’t do this anymore” he shook his head, “I don’t love you anymore”. Somehow the words came out more naturally and easily than he had expected them to. Even the idea that she could have had something to with all of that happened, didn’t hurt him, and rather just made him feel pure hatred for her. This felt far too easy, to the point that he wondered if he had ever even loved her to begin with, because the feeling he had for her now was not one he could describe as love.

 

To think, probably the only reason he was able to give Taejins accusations any credit and a benefit of the doubt was honestly because he had never truly loved Sera, and after all his time away, whatever feelings he had for her didn’t feel much of anything anymore.

 

=

 

Jungkook stood outside the club on the edge of the curb; facing the building and studying every detail of it, as if the answer would be laying somewhere around. Taejin was inside, this must have been the 100th time they had come back here, failing to find a single answer each time. It’s been 3 months since his return, and only more questions kept piling up, compared to any answers they were getting.

 

He felt annoyance creep up at hearing some loud group approaching and disturbing his thoughts. Thugs, he labelled them without a second thought, at the sight of some in the front carrying baseball bats, and it was clear that it wasn’t baseball they were all going to be playing tonight.

 

The trash of the century, he smirked, and then his smirk disappeared within seconds. He couldn’t see the face of the boy following them not that far behind them, - his head looking down, and his strikingly bright orange hair covering his eyes as a result. However, he didn’t need to see the face; it was rather the body that he recognised.

 

“Jimin” he called out - when the first few thugs in the front gone past him, and sure enough the boy he was staring at looked up in his direction at the call. Even if he was the one that called out for the other, he looked just as surprised as Jimin who stopped in his track, watching him back just as shocked.

 

The thug next to Jimin stopped, staring Jungkook up and down “You know him?”. “Y-yeah” Jimin barely stuttered out. “Ok” The stranger said, “I’m going ahead, if you need help just call” he said giving Jungkook that one last foul look before proceeding to catch up to with the others ahead.

 

“Are you a thug now?” Jungkook sneered looking him up and down, now that it was just the two of them, and he had already gone past the shock of seeing the other like this “That’s quite a drastic change for you” he nodded towards Jimin “doesn’t your grandma mind you becoming even more disgusting-?”.

 

He couldn’t lie, he didn’t expect it, Jimin without any hesitation went up to him and just punched him in a face. It happened so fast, he didn’t even have time to defend himself, or even comprehend what happened. Jimin just plainly punched him, with that pained expression he had whiles doing it caught Jungkooks attention. It didn’t seem like the other had got any better at controlling his expressions, his face still giving him away.

 

Jungkook just stumbled back at the punch, wiping the wound on his lip with his hand of where he had just been punched at, before looking up at Jimin, who was brushing his fingers through his hair. Jungkook just smirked, this situation was an unexpected one, and he wanted to punch the other back, until Jimin just turned and began to walk away, not even bothering to say a word.

 

Jungkook stood there, still tracing the source of pain on his face, contemplating whether to go after the other, or just let it go. His thoughts were cut off by Taejin coming out of the club and addressing him. “Nothing sir” he said, his eyes growing wide after Jungkook lowered his hand, revealing the wound for the other to see now.

 

“What happened” he asked shocked.

 

“Nothing” Jungkook shook his head and laughing somewhat drily at the situation “Don’t worry, let’s go to the next place”

 

“But-” Taejin tried to argue back.

 

“Let’s go” Jungkook insisted with a commanding voice.

=

“We need to find to find someone who could follow her” Jungkook said, setting down his glass on the coffee table.

 

“If we get just any thug it would be too obvious, and they aren’t something to be trusted, if she figures out what’s happening, all she will need is to just offer more money than we are, and he will be on her side within seconds. So I suggest, maybe a private investigator or-”

 

“I think I already found someone for the job” Jungkook cut him off.

 

“Really, if you just give me his address, I can go and recruit him for the job-” Taejin said eagerly.

 

“No, I’ll do it” Jungkook shook his head “Its someone I know, and we’re not on a good terms for him to take the job just because someone I sent asked”

 

“Then how do you plan to make him take this job? Can we even trust him?” Taejin asked, not even hiding his worry at Jungkooks decision.

 

“I’ll find a way” Jungkook answered somewhat calmly, despite feeling quite uneasy “Instead I need for you to find out his address”

 

“I thought you knew him…” Taejin trailed the words off and raising an eyebrow at Jungkooks response.

 

“I do, just not where he lives, since it’s been while” Jungkook smirked “That’s why it’s going to be your job to find out. The name is Park Jimin. Not that much older than me”

 

“That…” Taejin said unsure.

 

“I think he’s a thug now, I seen him outside with some other thugs yesterday walking past the club-”

 

“Is he the one that did this to your face?” Taejin asked somewhat angry at the thought “Should I just beat him up and threaten him for you instead?” he proposed.

 

“No” Jungkook denied the others suggestion quickly, “Don’t touch him, in fact don’t approach him, or even let anyone find out that you’re searching for him at all, this all has to be done as quietly as possible”

 

“I understand” Taejin responded somewhat reluctantly, as he turned to leave.

 

“Wait. Here, this should help” Jungkook paused, throwing an envelope onto the table surface, “A picture” he nodded towards the envelope, as Taejin studied it from his spot, then walked over towards it, and opened its contents “he looks a bit different now, but I think it’s better than nothing to go on” Jungkook said.

-

 

After Taejin left, he laying on the sofa, staring at the ceiling blankly. He was an idiot who took Jimins pictures with him when he decided to leave, when he decided that he hated the other, when he decided to take revenge on the other... he was even a bigger idiot for still keeping them, and more so when it was only a copy of the original picture that he gave to Taejin. His efforts of stopping himself from going back to that forsaken place felt wasted in seconds, when he saw Jimin outside that club.

 

Despite how busy he was during all this time. Taking the company back, adjusting to his old life and working on the plans of finding out who was the one who ruined his life. Despite it all, he still found his thoughts going back to Jimin and his time there.

 

Even if it all started based on lies. Even if it started because he convinced himself that he loved the other and pushed himself with everything he had, by the end of it, it was truly sincere. By the end of it all, he truly loved the other, and he couldn’t fully hate him, no matter how much he tried.

 

To think, Jimin never initiated any form of contact with him, he never pushed Jungkook to do anything, and it was actually always Jungkook who started everything. Even so, now being the old him, and having his pride return to him, he couldn’t bring himself to admit that he missed the other.

 

-

 

Jungkook studied the flat in front of him. The place looked filthy just from the outside, and he could only guess the inside was even more so. Taejin wasn’t sure about which exact apartment Jimin lived in, only having seen the other enter thought these gates a couple of times, and making the assumption Jimin either lived here, or often had business in this area. Just as Jungkook instructed, Taejin stayed as far away from the other as he could, trying not to involve any outside people.

 

He slowly paced back and forth, hoping that Taejin was right, and that Jimin was actually going to go out through these gates soon. He couldn’t lie, he was so curious what got Jimin to leave that disserted place by the beach, his thought lingering of whether Jimin left his grandma on her own, but knowing Jimin it was a difficult to assume so, he couldn’t picture Jimin just leaving her behind, the boy was far too emotional.

 

-

 

Finally, he heard footsteps, and looking up he could see Jimin approaching the gate. It was somehow sad watching Jimin looking like some street thug, what drove the other this low?

 

“What do you want?” Jimin asked, giving him a revolting look upon seeing him, and continued to walk past him.

 

“I need your help. You own me a lot” Jungkook stated, standing still in his spot, and only turning his head. Jimin stopped in his track. Few seconds later, turning around.

 

“I thought you had your revenge” Jimin retorts; Jungkook noting how Jimins hands began turning into fists.

 

“That was nothing compared to what you made me lose” Jungkook now turned his whole body to face the other, and Jimin raised an eyebrow questioningly at Jungkooks words. 

 

-

 

“I need of you to act as her bodyguard and report everything back to me” Jungkook finished, after having given the other a brief summary of the purpose behind his request.

 

“So you want me to work for you for free, because I should be feeling guilty?” Jimin said the words wryly.

 

“Only for a month” Jungkook corrected “Equal trade for wasting my time back then, and anyway, I will pay you for it, so it’s not a losing deal for you”.

 

“What a joke” Jimin sneered, “How much do you plan to pay me? Judging how not everyone can do it, with you here asking me of all people and from the way it sounds, it could be potentially dangerous, I’m not going to come cheap”.

 

“Money won’t be a problem; I have plenty” Jungkook said “You either do it or not, I need to know now”.

 

“Why me?” Jimin asked serious now; dropping all the sarcasm and facade.

 

“Yes or a no” was all that Jungkook answered, ignoring the others question.

 

“In case you’re wrong?” Jimin asked “If it was anybody else, you would be scared about them seducing her?”

 

“You’re right.” Jungkook admitted, not even actually meaning the words “I know just a bit too well which way you swing, so I can trust having you near her. If I’m wrong, and she has nothing to do with any of it, at least I won’t have to deal with some love struck thug going after her”.

 

Jimin smirked slightly, and there was no way of knowing for Jungkook the meaning behind it.

 

“I’ll do it” Jimin said “You better have the money prepared by tomorrow”.

 

“I will” Jungkook answered, he turned to leave; taking only two steps before stopping to turn back, “Oh and, dye your hair black would you, you look too much like a thug” in that arrogant tone, before proceeding to walk away.

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

I brought back Jimin to the story (you know, with this being a JIkook fic it was obvious anyway!XD)! ̄ ³ ̄ 

Our Jiminie has changed I guess... ಥ⌣ಥ 

But at least they met once again, therefore that's good....right?≧▼≦

Love to those who:

♡Comment♡

&

Subscribe...♡