CHAPTER 10 - The Truth and The Lie

The One You Found

== Chapter 10 ==

 

                                                                                                       The Truth And The Lie                                                                                                     

“The company shares” Taejin said almost wincing, and Jungkook could already feel himself frown, and for a second the other seemed not to want to say anything at all, but still bringing himself to say it “They are declining. It seems like someone has withdrawn their shares, and its making the others uneasy about what will happened with their share value”.

 

“” Jungkook cursed, stomping his foot “It’s definitely her” Jungkook forced himself to laugh, “I have to find out whose backing her up before I’m totally ruined”.

 

“I will call Jimin” Taejin said, “Maybe he can-”

 

“Don’t bother” Jungkook cut him short “They wouldn’t just tell him about these things anyway”.

 

=

 

“I heard” Jimin said to Jungkooks surprise “There’s a lot of talk about it, even if they don’t say things fully, I still gathered much about it as a whole”

 

“I need those damn slush fund documents” Jungkook sighed, his face grimacing “If they got out, her father’s company would go down completely and her own reputation would fall along and-” he stopped himself from speaking any further, realising that he was uselessly pressurising Jimin with his words, when fully knowing that the other couldn’t help him in this matter.

 

“I don’t think I will be seeing any of the documents soon” Jimin admitted, as if having heard his thoughts “There’s no way she will trust me as I am now…” Jimin explained, with a subtle hint in his voice, that Jungkook caught on.

 

“What do mean by, as you are now?” Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, his tone firm and serious “What are you suggesting?”

 

“No, I don’t mean becoming her lover or anything like that but-” Jimin tried to explain, somewhat feeling startled at Jungkooks tone, and the fear of his intentions being misunderstood.

 

“No” Jungkook firmly said, without even having to think about it “I didn’t take you back for this. If I knew you would be planning something this stupid for me, I really wouldn’t have made any move on you to begin with”

 

“But none of it will be real” Jimin shook his head “It would be like flirting, just so she would get fond of me and then-”

 

“Aren’t you thinking at all?” Jungkook snapped, placing both of his palms on the other temples, looking him deep in the eyes “Don’t forgot that I know her” Jungkook reminded him, his voice chilling “Unless you plan to sleep with her… flirting is something she considers to be for kids” Jungkook gave out a sigh “If you plan to become her lover, we are finished, and so is our deal, I will automatically think that you would only be doing it all for yourself, not for me” Jungkook dropped his hands, and Jimin caught what he thoughts looked something as anger, sadness and disappointment mixed together in the others face, before Jungkook turned away.

 

“Jungkook no!” Jimin grabbed his arm desperately, the realisation of Jungkooks words striking him, and he was afraid that Jungkook actually believed his own words that he had just said “You know it’s not possible for me to love her-” his voice coming out higher pitched then he himself expected it to.

 

“In that case, neither would have been the chances of me falling in love with you, but here I am” Jungkook answered, his voice still giving off a mixture of emotions, that Jimin still had trouble to fully figuring out.

 

Jimin felt himself smile at the others words however. He knew this wasn’t the time nor place, or even the other actually saying the words directly to him, but this was the closest thing he heard from the other relating to loving him. Jungkook just watched him dumbfounded.

 

“Do you love me?” Jimin smiled, excitement waiting to explode within his body, as his heart pumped wildly in his chest.

 

“You” Jungkook gave out a heavy sigh, before smiling back at him like a fool “Mmm” Jungkook nodded almost shyly, as he averted his eyes from him and it was a new sight for Jimin.

 

“Say it” Jimin insisted, the excitement clearly visible in his features and audible in his voice.

 

“No” Jungkook shook his head.

 

“Say it” Jimin whined now, and Jungkook frowned at the action.

 

“Stop it, don’t act like that” Jungkook faked annoyance, the corners of his lips slightly rising.

 

“I’ll act even more like this” Jimin threatened in a cute whinny voice, but just ended up laughing, not fully believing that he himself was acting like this.

 

“Ok, ok, ok!” Jungkook finally agreed. “I love you” he said the words after a small pause, in some odd funny accent, with a raised eyebrow and a cheesy grin, that made Jimins expression turn sour within seconds.

 

“Oh don’t then” Jimin said annoyed at hearing the words “What even is this!?” it was a disgusting sight, and Jungkook was clearly taking it as a joke.

 

“You asked for it” Jungkook replied, his face growing blank again, without leaving a single trace of silliness it just had “But I warned you” Jungkook said “Don’t try anything stupid, if you’re not prepared of the consequences”.

 

“I get it” Jimin nodded almost absent minded.

 

=

 

Even if he had agreed to Jungkook that he wouldn’t do anything, he didn’t fully mean it. He knew it was lying to the other, but he wanted to help, and this was the only way he could.

 

So when Sera called him, - who was slightly tipsy, judging from her voice, along with the pacing and pronunciation of her words, - asking him to come to the hotel to keep her company, he agreed without a second thought.

 

He didn’t have to think; he was going to do whatever it took to help Jungkook.

 

He quickly changed his clothes, spraying some perfume, before rushing out to catch a taxi, scared in case she suddenly changed her mind.

 

=

 

Jungkook parked his car outside of Jimins apartment, pulling his phone out to dial for Jimin to meet him. He knew he shouldn’t be doing this, but he wanted to see the other, and having to drive to their usual meeting place would have taken far too long, and wasted the little amount of time they already had.

 

He dialled Jimins number, and lifted the phone to his ear, looking up ahead, as a familiar figure ran thought the gate, and straight for a taxi that was waiting opposite of them, and he felt himself hang up the phone at the sight.

 

He followed the taxi, finding himself at the familiar hotel, as he watched Jimin rush out of the taxi and head straight for the hotels main entrance door, and Jungkook felt puzzled, as he watched, his eyebrows furrowed, and an uneasy feeling rising inside.

 

He got out for his car, handing the keys absentmindedly to the to one of the valets waiting by the enterance, as he cautiously followed the other inside.

 

-

 

Jungkook watched him walk into the hotel room, knowing fully well that this was one of Seras favourite hotels. The two of them were no strangers here and suddenly the feeling of regret washing over him about his past with Sera, and how he had lived before meeting Jimin.

 

He didn’t pay much attention to time at first, assuming she had some business that she wanted Jimin to take care of, but as time passed he felt himself getting more and more tensed.

 

What was taking so long? He glanced at his wristwatch, what seemed like every minute and soon the uneasiness grew to anger, as thoughts he countlessly tried to put off filled his mind.

 

The thoughts of Jimins words from the other night, and the thoughts of Jimin and Sera and what the two could be doing in a room by themselves for this long.

 

He shook his head in desperation, as if trying to get rid of the thoughts of the two together, before deciding to leave. He couldn’t bring himself to stay, he was too scared to see something he didn’t want to ever see.

 

=

 

“They think they can look down on me just because I’m a woman” she laughed somewhat alarmingly, to Jimins amusement “Do you know how much I did for them?” She asked, not even waiting for an answered from him “Those old ing bastards! Sending me to do their dirty work” she complained, swinging her hand around, and spilling some of the liquid that was inside of the glass which she was holding.

 

She was clearly drunk, and Jimin could only feel that luck was on his side, as he listened to her.

 

He kept pouring her drinks somewhat impatiently, waiting for her to just fall asleep already.

 

She wrapped her arms around his waist, and rested her chin on his shoulder.

 

“Let’s dance” she slurred, her words coming out muffled and incomprehensive.

 

He hated this. He hated her and for a number of reasons. She was responsible for Jungkooks kidnapping, and although it led Jungkook to him, he still hated the thought of what would have happened if the other hadn’t escaped when he did… would they have just killed him?

 

He hated how she was clinging onto him at this moment. He was only for Jungkook to hold, and was only doing this for Jungkook, which was something he had to repeat to himself continuously to stop himself from pushing her away.

 

Lastly, the reason he hated her the most was because she possessed Jungkook before him, and that thought brought up anger inside of him each time. Whenever that thought came to him, he would often find himself glaring at her unconsciously. Jungkook holding her the way he held Jimin…

 

He felt her body gradually become heavy, and her grip on him loosen, till her hands finally drop from his waist, signalling him that she had finally fallen asleep, and he somewhat dragged her a couple of steps, before pushing her away from himself and onto the bed with that disgusted expression, as if he finally got rid of something filthy that was clinging onto him.

 

He glared at her for a moment, scanning her body that laid so uncomfortably on the bed. What made Jungkook choose him over Sera, or any other women?

 

He shook his head, reminding himself of what was the top priority in all of this. He had a perfect opportunity before him and he couldn’t let it just slip by.

 

He didn’t hesitate and went to look straight through her bag, finding an envelope and he only had to scan the first page to know what the documents inside were.

 

=

 

“How did you get these documents?” Jungkook asked, his tone clearly sounding displeased, as he eyed the contents of the paper in his hands. Acting oblivious and controlling his expressions was much harder than he expected.

 

Jimin couldn’t understand the tone the other was using with him, he thought he did well by getting them for Jungkook, after all, that was his whole purpose from the beginning.

 

“Are their not good?” Jimin asked, feeling worried now “But I think they look just as the example that Taejin showed me before”. He had been so sure that they would be of help to Jungkook in some way.

 

“That’s not what I asked” Jungkook snapped, rage filling his expression. “How did you get them? there’s no way she would have just handed them over to you just like that!” he shouted, finding it hard to control his voice.

 

“I” Jimin began, taken back by the others tone and anger “She called me over to her room and-” he found himself confessing.

 

“Her room?” Jungkook repeated the words mockingly, and the way he watched Jimin with disgust, made Jimin feel anxious and terrified, as he felt himself beginning to tremble.

 

“Did you two screw around?” Jungkook sneered, letting out a scary laugh, “was it good, doing it with a women?”

 

“I only hugged her” Jimin blurted out, someone shocked himself that he admitted it so easily “but I didn’t do anything else” he quickly added on, not wanting for the other to misunderstand him.

 

“You were in a freaking hotel room Jimin!” Jungkook shouted, not bothering to even try to control his anger anymore “and now you expect me to believe you?”

 

“You followed me?” Jimin looked at him somewhat hurt, he actually followed him to the hotel? “Don’t you trust me at all?” he allowed himself to shout back, “I brought you the documents to-”

 

“ these documents” Jungkook answered “I warned you not to do anything, if you weren’t going to take responsibility for it, and you still carried on pursuing her behind my back”

 

“But I did it for you” Jimin argued back, with a pained expression, at how easily this was all getting twisted around.

 

“Will you sleep around with everyone just for me?” Jungkook asked in a cynical manner.

 

“If you asked me to, if it was for you I could” Jimin answered “But I d-”

 

“Shut up!” Jungkook cut him off “I don’t want to hear anymore from someone like you. How can you so easily give your body to just anyone, and use me as an excuse?” he said the last sentence in such pained tone, that Jimin could feel the others words stabbing through his own heart.

 

“No!” Jimin cried out in protest, feeling tears filling his eyes, why wasn’t he listening to him at all?

 

“I don’t want to see you” Jungkook said, as he turned to leave, “don’t even bother saying anything”

 

Jimin was sobbing uncontrollably, as he watched the other leave, did he really not trust him that much?. He watched the other leave like an idiot, not even being able to say a word for the other to stop. He tried so hard Jungkooks sake, but why did it had to turn out so bad?

-

He waited all night for Jungkook to return; not being able to make himself to fall asleep no matter how much he tried to. What if he got left behind like before? He couldn’t handle it this time… not again.  

 

His phone rang, and his hand dived into his pocket, almost ripping the phone out as he looked at the name of the caller, feeling disappointment wash over him, as he answered the phone reluctantly.

 

“I’ll be there now” he spoke the last sentence in an indifferent tone, before hanging up the call and placing it back into his pocket. It was time for Jimin to leave for his job, and it felt scary to leave without having solved the misunderstanding between him and Jungkook. He hated the idea of just leaving without having seen the other again.

 

Where was Jungkook now?

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

well this turned out quite intense... ಠ_ಠ

p.s. Whose side are you on!?