Goodbye

Once Nothing, Now Everything

 

I took a deep breath and walked up the front steps. My whole arm shook as i reached out towards the door. i knocked timidly. My face lit up as i saw that Youngbae answer the door, but my smile was immediately replaced with sadness as i realized this would be the last time i saw his smiling face. As soon as he saw me, he opened his arms to hug me.

"~~~~~ah!! Babe, i missed you!!" you smiled and started to cry, leaping into his open arms.

"Youngbae Oppa.... i- i have something to tell you..." you mumbled and pulled away from him. he put his arm around you as he led you inside.

"~~~~~.... whats wrong?" he looked at you with sincere concern in his eyes. you swallowed and took another deep breath.

"oppa... i'll miss you..." the two of you sat on his living room couch. you put your head on his shoulder.

"W-what are you talking about?!" he stuttered.

"I'm moving..." you whispered. He stared at you, too shocked to speak.

"My aunt just told me everything. Apparently, my mother died but my dad didn't, and he left me with my aunt because he couldn't take care of me, and now i have to marry some snobby, rich jerk that I don't even know! But i already know that he hates me..." you trailed off, lost in your thoughts. When he didn't speak, you looked up at him.

He just stared blankly. When he saw you looking at him, he looked at the floor with his head in his hands and began to cry silently. You had never seen him cry, and it tore you apart inside.

"Oppa..." you mumbled and put your hand on hid back. "Please don't feel how i felt when i lost RiRi." He wiped away his tears and looked up at you.

"~~~~~... you don't have to do this. Just stay here with me. You don't have to marry that ." he whispered.

"Youngbae Oppa, I don't have a choice! Besides, my father has already set it up with the Lee Family. I can't turn back now. I never agreed to this." He stood up and paced around the living room.

"Don't cry... please, don't make this harder for me..." you said, following him.

"Make this harder for you?! If it's so damn hard, then convince them to let you stay!" he whipped around to face you and yelled. You flinched. He had never yelled at you before. You reached out and placed your hand on his arm, only to be shoved away. He glared at you.

"If you really loved me, you would do everything you could to stay! I thought you hated whoever the hell you're supposed to marry! But clearly you don't give a about me." He spat. He would never be able to understand how much his words hurt you.

"Really?! Because if you really loved me, you would understand the situation I'm in!" you countered. He faced his back to you and put his head in his hands once again.

"you know what?! I really don't give a about your problems right now!" He snapped.

"I- I.... But..." you whispered.

"JUST GET OUT!" he yelled. You shook your head at him and covered your face as you ran outside. The cold rain stung your face and mixed with your bitter tears. You jumped into your car and floored it. You had nowhere to go, you had 3 hours before you had to be at the airport, so you just sped home. You pulled into your driveway and slammed the door. You stepped into your large, empty house, and for the first time, you felt completely alone. You quietly stepped into the kitchen and saw a note laying on the counter. It was from your aunt.

"Dear ~~~~~, I'm sorry that i won't get to say goodbye to you. I was just told that my friend passed away this morning, so i am at her family's house. I know that you know the way to the airport. Your suitcase is in the hallway closet, and your plane tickets are in the office desk drawer. Be sure to call me when you land in Seoul. Love, Umma"

You put the note in your pocket as the tears started to fall. Why had your life gone so downhill lately? You shuffled over to the fridge and got a bottle of water. You felt to sick to eat. You dragged yourself upstairs and passed out on your bed.

*Why me? Why.... can't the plane just crash and get this over with?*