Big News

Once Nothing, Now Everything

 

You woke up on Saturday morning to see your aunt's concerned face looking down at you.
"Oh, uhm... good morning umma." you mumbled. You had always called her umma because she was like a mother to you, since your mother and father had died when you were little. When she saw that you were awake, she smiled warmly.

"Good morning, ~~~~~," she said, walking to your bedroom door. "Breakfast is ready, I- I made your favorite." she stuttered. Why would she be stuttering? you shrugged it off and dragged yourself out of bed. Shuffling over to your closet, you tripped over your side table and flipped over.

"Ow..." you mumbled quietly. Your aunt raced back up the stairs.

"~~~~~!! Are you alright?!" she held out her hand to help you up, but you refused.

"I'm fine, umma. You know I've always been clumsy." you chuckled.

Your aunt smiled, but this time it was clearly fake, and filled with sadness.

"yes dear, please hurry, I have something important to tell you." before you could reply, she had turned and walked down the stairs. Her words confused you, but you brushed it off and opened your closet. You took out a plain blue tank top, a gray hoodie, and some old ripped jeans. You walked down the hallway; to the bathroom, After you had a shower, you got dressed, brushed your hair, and ran downstairs. As soon as you stepped into the kitchen, you could smell bacon. Your aunt turned around and looked at you. Once again, she smiled sadly. You sat down with her as she placed the plates on the table. After breakfast. you washed the dishes and were about to run back upstairs when your aunt grabbed your hand.

"Wait, ~~~~~. Please sit down. I have to tell you something." you both walked back over to the table and sat down.

"What is it umma? Is something wrong?" you asked, expecting the worst. and the worst was what you got.

"~~~~~, I dont know how to say this but you're moving tomorrow morning." she sighed.

"Uhm.... okay, umma, where to?" you asked innocently. Your aunt sighed and bit her lip.

"Seoul, South Korea. You're moving back in with your parents. Please dont take this the wrong way, I wish you could stay too. But it's your family's responsibilty-" you cut her off.

"South Korea?! Moving back in with my parents?! Umma, you of all people should remember. My parents died when i was little-" this time she cut you off.

"No ~~~~~, only your mother died. After that, because of business, your dad couldn't take care of you, so he left you with me. But as you know, with him running a major company, you were born to have certain- responsibilities, when you grew up, and now you have to face them. Your father has already planned and arranged your marriage with the Lee family, so now it's settled. You just-" you opened your mouth to say something, but your aunt held up her hand. "Dear, let me finish." you nodded, not saying a word. "You will be marrying their son, Lee Taemin. He is 18, same as you. Everything will be fine."

"But what about Youngbae Oppa?! I can't just leave him!! He's my boyfriend, and you expect me to just go marry some snobby, rich jerk?! And what about Donghae and Sungmin? I can't leave them either! They've been my best friends since preschool!!" You yelled, standing up. "I won't lose them like I lost RiRi!!" Your aunt sighed.

"~~~~~, have you forgotten? Donghae is running Line Tour, and Sungmin owns Oska Mall chain. They have business all over Japan and Korea. they left last week, and will be there waiting for you." you sighed in relief. at least you wouldnt have to leave everything behind.

Again, you felt sadness. What would you tell Youngbae Oppa?


A/N: so, how was my first chapter guys? i think it's not very good... but if you are reading this, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!! :D