Thriller Night

Beauty Before Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 2 am when Hyuna left Hyunseung’s high-rise apartment.  She descended in the glass elevator to the ground floor.  As she stepped out of the elevator to the lobby, she heard someone call out her name.  She turned around and at first she thought it was her imagination, but it was the valet who called out a cab for her.  Hyuna headed out onto the damp street, the bright lights of Seoul shining brightly ahead. 

She stood near a lamppost and from behind she heard the rumble of a motorcycle.

“You don’t live around here, do you?”  asked Junghyung sporting a black leather heavy metal jacket.

“I’m visiting someone.”

Hyuna played coy.  She feared that Junghyung would find out the true reason for her visit.  Perhaps he would tell CEO Hong where she had been that night or blab it to the girls from 4 minute.  After all, he usually rapped nonsense.  She could picture it now;  Gayoon would lecture her for falling for her own subunit lead, or lack of lead now that the CEO told her that Troublemaker might not resume.  

“Don’t be shy. . . I know you were with the man formerly known as a member of Beast.”

“How do you know?”  She furrowed her brow.  He was mute.  He refused to answer her question. 

“Have you been spying on me?”

He grasped the motorcycle handles turning on the engine to an audible rumble. 

“Ka!  Ka-ja!!”  She shouted for him to go away.

“Weo!” 

“Have you been following me?”  She was not going to let the argument go.

“What if I have? Or what if I will?”  Junghyung pulled his face an inch near towards her.  He was so near that she could smell his breath of soju and noodles.  She pushed him away but he grasped her by the arms as not to topple over her with his motorcycle.  Hyuna stumbled back. 

“Yiaah!”

“I’m not sure why you’re so annoyed with me.  You never argue with JS.”

He grabbed her tightly by the wrist.

“No. Stop. Stop it!  Hajima!”  She pulled away from his grasp.  “ If I get on your motorcycle it will be all over the news and I can’t afford rumors from you or from anybody else.”

Hyuna had her share of rumors with JS.  Around two years ago, a fan posted that she was pregnant with JS's love child.  Her mother called her immediately when she saw the news and demanded for her to be seen by an obstetrician.  She was devastated when her father found out.  It shamed her family and worse it shamed Hyunseung’s family who now refuse to talk to her.   CEO Hong intervened and squashed the rumor by pressing charges of defamation. She could not afford to run throu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter