Cube Castle

Beauty Before Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four months passed since the v-stream, and Hyunseung masked a good face in front of his fellow Beast bandmates while on promotions and fan meets. He hadn’t missed any since September.

But lately Jang Hyunseung engaged in dangerous behavior--  pulling all nighters in front of the dance mirror at the studio, which was not typical for him since he enjoyed sleeping in too much.  It’s not that he hadn’t been trying.  He had put an enormous effort into cleaning up his act. He hadn’t been drinking any soju either and he quit cigarettes since they could affect his voice range.  The result led made him to become an exhausted but sober idol.  That morning he showered and laid off the hoodie and dressed in a plaid shirt and blue jeans in order to look presentable to CEO Hong.

He stood in front of the glass door of Cube and hesitated to go inside as he indulged in a random thought -- What if the glass breaks?  If it broke, would he be able to piece it back together. 

CEO Hong’s secretary signaled for him to enter the sterile office.  Hyunseung plopped himself on a round white leather sofa and let his eyelids droop.  CEO Hong straightened his glasses examining him closely under his microscopic gaze as if something was wrong with him.  Hyunseung smoothed out his slick wet auburn hair and yawned. 

“Why didn’t the guys wake you up?”

“I live in my own place.”

Hyunseung buttoned up his shirt now self-conscious of his appearance. 

“Do you really think you are a bad boy?”

“I don’t sing that song, sir.”  Hyunseung confused it with Good Boy from Big Bang. It was too early in the morning. 

“Well, it sounds like your are playing a bad boy tune here. “  He flipped through a binder full of documents. 

“The netizens are rebelling and all the recent feeds are negative . What is this about you liking on Instagram?”  Hyunseung wondered if CEO Hong hired a private investigator.  His questioning was more than his usual.  

“I hit like on pictures I think are worthy and artistic.  In Europe and US, it’s considered art.”

“We are in Korea not Paris or LA.”

Jang Hyunseung flinched as if he just had an ice cold shower. It was time to wake up.  He knew that he needed to obey the king of the Cube Castle but at the same time he wanted to follow his own path in the entertainment world not the path followed by others. 

“Chae-song-hap-ni-da, sa jang nim.  It’s my fault.  I will take full responsibility.”  He bowed his head. 

“Of course,  you need to take full responsibility.” 

“I will work harder.  I will work harder not to make fans worry about me.”

 

 

And Jang Hyunseung worked as usual in his misunderstood manner, but his fans still worried on Tumblr and Twitter--  the longer the rant then the longer Jang Hyunseung worried over them too. In Instagram, he shut down deleting posts and refraining from liking any snapshots and the fans unfollowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter