Japan

Beauty Before Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He arrived at Incheon airport on time although he hadn’t slept the night before.  He carried his essentials packed in a suitcase for the two hour flight to Tokyo. The fans gathered outside with posters and cheers.  “Fighting!”   The photographers snapped pictures of his airport look:  muscle t-shirt, ripped jeans and an LA Dodger’s baseball cap.  He was sure that he would rank up on the Google searches. 

But on this trip, Hyunseung was surprised that he was traveling with an entourage of a tour manager and four assistants.  CEO Hong must have him in great esteem for launching a hit song.  Back last year, he had traveled only with one tour manager for his solo promotions on MY.  He arrived to Tokyo at 1AM, which gave him enough time to check into the hotel, take a shower, go to bed and sleep until 5am in the morning.  That was his plan because he had a busy schedule ahead.

Nevertheless, most of his best laid out plans went awry, so none of that happened in order.  He checked into the hotel under Jay Stomp (his fans would have never known he used his Troublemaker stage name) and then showered but did not go to bed.  He took out his cell phone and snapped a picture of his bed.  He saved it into the gallery among other similar ones.  It wasn’t an obsession or a sick .  He had been accused of worse.  It was just that he hadn’t slept in his own bed for three months, two weeks and a day ever since he broke it off with Hyuna.  Since then, Jang Hyunseung had become an insomniac. 

 

Hyunseung sat in a chair and sung to himself the lyrics of his new songs.  He sang them in Korean and Japanese, back and forth, so he would not forget a word of the lyrics.  He had been criticized enough while on Beast for being careless.  Despite his lulling, he could not fall asleep because of the August heat, so he opened up the balcony window and returned back to the recliner chair in his spacious room.   He sat in the dark waiting for sleep with his eyes strained and opened.  Bass beats filled his brain.   As he sang again, a cool breeze rushed through the window three times.  He felt paralyzed for a second.  He was aware of his surroundings.  He was in a hotel in Tokyo.  He looked outside towards the window.  The Tokyo Tower scraped the dark sky.  He glanced over again as the curtains swayed with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter