Los Angeles

Beauty Before Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a day of rest, Jang Hyunseung was discharged from the hospital with the diagnosis of exhaustion.  He was told to relax and sleep, two activities he performed well before but that he couldn’t manage lately.   Without much notice, he boarded the next plane with a twelve member entourage management crew from Cube Entertainment to LAX on a Boeing 787.  CEO Hong had become increasingly more generous in overseeing the tour since the team had grown in numbers. 

Jang Hyunseung had traveled once before to Los Angeles with Beast but he just didn’t remember the trip since he slept through all of it.   Around twelve hours and a half later, and still awake he arrived to Los Angeles International Airport. The crew grabbed the suitcases and cases of sound equipment and Hyunseung his US phone.  He had no messages on Kakao Talk from Hyuna.  He thought about sending her a picture of himself eating gelato or a Starbucks coffee, teasing her saying-- “Hello Bubblepop!”  But he couldn’t.  She was probably with Junghyung by now.  Before Troublemaker, didn’t he tell her once that Junghyung was her first love? 

He took the white van with the rest of the crew to The Ritz Carlton at Marina Del Rey, a hotel located by the sea.  From the van window, he admired the millionaire yachts.  When he arrived, he gathered his belongings consisting of a duffle bag and a small suitcase and entered the quaint hotel.   As the rest of the crew checked in and gathered at the pool to swim, Jang Hyunseung trampled to his suite.  He needed to rest before meeting up with Usher at the Joombas Music Group studio. 

Without any shut eye, five hours passed with the clock ticking on the wall.   He hadn’t called his tour manager or room service for food or drink.

Someone pounded on the door.  The Roman bathtub overflowed with water.  He sat on a chair fully dressed in a plaid shirt and blue jeans.  His bed was made. His eyes now closed.   

“Open up, Hyunseung-isshi.”

 His muscles would not budge despite being aware that his manager called him.  Hyunseung heard a key unlock. 

 “Don’t worry.  Housekeeping is opening the door for us.”

 The tour manager barged in the room.  He shook him up, but Hyunseung didn’t wake up.  Hyunseung tried to speak but couldn’t.  It felt as if an invincible force outside him, which he couldn’t control, held him back.   He didn’t know why.  He only knew that he missed her. 

 One of the female assistants turned off the water spout and it was like a switch in fen shui.   Hyunseung somehow found the energy to apologize-

“Chae-song-hap-ni-da.  I should try harder.  I should try harder to do my best despite the jet lag.  It’s my fault.  I can only blame myself,” he said bowing his head.  He stood up and stumbled.  The tour manager and assistant helped him into bed. 

“At this rate, you will disappear Hyunseung-isshi,” said the manager. 

“Or worse, you will turn into a vampire or a ghost,” added the assistant. 

“Nuh mi-chyeot-ssuh?  Are you going crazy saying that to Hyunseung? Chincha?

 “Aishh. .   We need to call a doctor to give him medicine for him to sleep.  CEO Hong told us to take good care of him.

“I’m just trying to help.” The assistant said shrugging her shoulders.

“Don’t pay attention to her.  I’ll get the doctor to prescribe you some medicine, soon. “

“No.  I don’t want medicine,"  Hyunseung answered back.   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter