Live Radio

Beauty Before Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day a few independent radio stations picked up Jang Hyunseung’s single and by the afternoon the demand grew given the netizens curiosity in this secret relationship.  The mainstream evening commute radio shows picked up the song and digital sales soared to the millions of copies.  By Tuesday morning, he was interviewed on the most prestigious K-pop station in Seoul.

“Good evening, today in K-Pop World Exclusive we have in our studio, the sensation from Inkigayo, Jang Hyunseung.  Anyong haseyo.”

“Anyong haseyo,” replied Hyunseung.

“You are no longer in Beast and you brought us a brand new song topping the charts.  Tell us a little more about it. “

“It was a song that . . . ,” he stopped midsentence.  He could not reveal how the song came about.  It was a secret and needed to remain that way . . . “that was written at an important time in my life when I started finding myself and what music meant to me.” 

“Ah, he is not as quiet as he was before, his 4-D personality is better, wrote a netizen on our blog,” added, Mari, the hostess of the show.  She wore black bulged sunglasses and a large straw hat as if she were outside on a beach.  Hyunseung wondered if she had recent cosmetic surgery.  

“He certainly has an added dimension.”

He still didn’t know what it meant.  What was this about 4-D personality?  Radio announcers had been throwing that term since he started B2ST in 2009. 

“Ne, ne . . . Hyunseung-isshi has definitively matured since Beast-- R&B beats, a heartfelt song.   Netizens are sending us SNS messages.  It is on everyone’s mind.  Who is this secret lover?" asked Dan, the fast talking announcer.

“Hyunseung must have experienced it if he writes about these things,” poked Mari. 

Hyunseung resisted hiding beneath the hoodie or shutting down.  He made an effort to face the question:  “I only have one love,” he replied.  It was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter