Awake

Is This My Story?

Park Yoo Mi's POV

I opened my eyes. My whole body was aching. The first thing I saw was Minwoo's face. He smiled down at me. "YooMi-ah, gwenchana?"

He helped me sit up. There, across the room was Bo ~~~~~, the queenka who had her friends do this to me. She looked at me, worriedly. What? Her, worried about me? She walked towards me. "New girl, mianhae. I couldn't do anything when those girls attacked you." She grabbed my hand. I moved away.

Minwoo patted her back. "Don't worry, ~~~~~-ah. You did your best. And you weren't totally unharmed." He looked at the microscopic cut on her hand. What is this? She didn't defend me at all. What on earth was going on?

~~~~~ smiled at me. "You looked confused. Let me refresh your memory. We were in the girl's toilet and you got attacked by some juniors. I helped you then got Minwoo-oppa, remember?" She squeezed my hand tightly, her nails piercing my hand.

I nodded, afraid. "N-neh. That's right. I remember now. Gomowo."

She nodded. "That's what friends are for," she said, smiling, "they defend you and they stand up for you. They help you when you're threatened."

She seemed to be warning me about her friends and what they were capable of. I nodded. "Of course. Friends."

Minwoo smiled widely. "Wow! I never expected you two to be such great friends! It's surprising!"

~~~~~ laughed. "Minwoo-oppa! What's that supposed to mean?"

He shrugged. "I just thought because you're so beautiful you'd be more meaner and stuff." He looked at me, "Not saying you're not beautiful, but you didn't seem to be the type to be interested in guys and the lot."

I smiled. "Of course, I understand what you mean!"

"Really, Minwoo-oppa? You think I'm beautiful?" ~~~~~ asked, blushing.

He nodded, "Hn! You're so beautiful and graceful, just like the rest of your friends! So are you, YooMi! You're beautiful too. Hahaha, whaddaya know? The twins were wrong!"

~~~~~ tilted her head in one side, in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Minwoo chuckled. "Hyungs thought you'd be like the rest of the queenkas, beautiful and mean."

Laughing, ~~~~~ replied, "Minwoo-oppa, believe it or not, we're not really like that. We just stand up for each other and make sure that the people we love don't get hurt or taken away. That's all." She squeezed my hand and looked at me, "We're all like that, as humans. We protect the people we love with our life. We don't want them to be hurt or taken away."

Minwoo nodded, "I understand what you're getting at."

I nodded. "Hn..."

~~~~~ smiled at me. On the surface, it may look like a friendly, loving smile, but her gaze froze my blood.

Park YooMi's POV End

#####