-Muasbby! Your cheesecake is ready!

Cheesecake Archive
NARemZa.jpg

Description

Abandoned by his first love only to find her five years later as his and his fiance's wedding planner, Bang Yongguk is determined to make her feel the pain that she put him through.

Foreword

The couple arrived at the wedding planner's shop. "I hear this is the best wedding planner in Seoul. She's the same person that planned Lee Jinki and Moon Nayeon's extravagant wedding a while ago." Goeun said to Yongguk.

He held the door open for her as she walked in, "Let's hope that she can make ours greater," he said flatly.

As soon as they walked in, they were greeted by a receptionist. "Bang Yongguk and Jung Goeun, correct?"

"Yep. I'm Bang Yongguk and this is my fiance Jung Goeun." she said with a serious tone. The receptionist's expression grew awkward in disbelief followed by a slow, trailing chuckle. Goeun grinned, "I was kidding," she clarified.

"Oh good, hah, I knew that." The receptionist cleared , "Just wait in her office. Ms. Im just stepped out and will be right back." She directed them to the wedding planner's office and allowed them to sit and get comfortable.

They sat in pure silence. "Everything about this shop is so lovely." she complimented, trying to break the silence.

Yongguk hummed in response. His phone rang and he stood up, "Duty calls." He left the room and went to go talk elsewhere. He brushed shoulders with someone but he failed to pay attention to who it was. Like he did to Goeun, he just hummed in response to the person.

She silently hissed at the rude person but didn't let him ruin her day. She stepped into her office to greet her clients. Sorry about that," she apologized as she tucked her cellphone in her coat pocket, "had to console a bride with cold feet." She sat down in her swivel chair and sighed, "Hello, I'm Im Mani and I will be your wedding planner for the next few weeks."

"Hi, I'm Jung Goeun. It is a pleasure to meet you."

The wedding planner looked at the empty seat next to her client. "And where is your husband?"

"Right here."

She looked at the door and saw him leaning against it. He tapped the red icon to end the call with a stern look on his face. "It's nice to meet you, Im Mani, I'm Bang Yongguk." he said with his deep, husky voice.

The smile on her face slowly faded away and was replaced with an apprehensive look.


+big thanks to WICKED JACKAL AND ROYAL HYDE G R A P H I C for the poster/background

"This story is one of the few that makes you wonder about what's going to happen next but at the same time, makes you want to guess."
                               - kondomcircle at muggle born - a review shop

 

 

for -Muasbby:

 

Title (3/5) - How original is your title and how much does it relate to the story?

  • I'm not sure what u think of the title. I like it, but it is also misleading to me. To me, it sounds like a relationship that is vengeful but they aren't together in the story. Otherwise, though, I like it. It grabs my attention


Description/Forward (9/10) - how much did it catch my attention and relate to the story?

  • I love that the forward is a preview! I like when people do that. It really gives you a feel about whether you'll like the story so nice job there. As for the description, it was a little simple but, hey, sometimes simple it good. I'm just gonna dock one point because that wasn't memorable.

  • Your poster is pretty :) I like it especially Yongguk’s pose from 1004.


Plot (18/20) -

Originality - how unique and different is your story?

  • I don't know what to say here either. Was it original? In the long run no, but combining revenge, wedding planner, servant and boss relationship at once, yes, yes it was. So yes and no at the same time. I certainly have seen nothing like it. And that is one way to write. Always combine different elements to make it unique all on its own

Believable - in your story's world, how much do I believe this is what is happening?

  • Yes. I do believe that this could happen. Granted, some actions are a little extreme but maybe that is just the character's personality

 

Characters (25/30) -
Voice - how strong is your narrative voice/the character's voice?

  • Your writing voice is very clear. No problem there.

  • Your character voices are also pretty strong. The only weak characters I would say would be Yongguk’s mom I believe. Sometimes I found it a little harsh of what she says and a little extreme, but, hey, some people are like that.


Development - how much does the character grow in the story?

  • Mani seems a little stunted in her growth. I think this comes from her not having much action. I think that's the problem I have with her. She takes what Yongguk does and doesn't stand up for herself that much, and maybe if she had a little more action, a little more umph in fighting back, you would be able to see her growing and changing a little more.


Personality - how alive do they feel?

  • They feel alive. They all have their own personalities. I loved that you gave Daehyun anger issues. That really added some complexity to his character and also made him a sympathetic character. I really felt for him. Use that. Play that up. And also the poor and rich relationship between him and Mani. That's another huge thing you could be toying with to make them more complex characters. How does she feel that Daehyun has all this money? Is Daehyun going to help her get her company back? These are things to consider. Well...the last one is just a question from me but really you could use this a lot more to give them both depth which I know you want. Especially Mani. Remind us that she doesn't have much. That she has to use hard work to get her money unlike most of the characters (besides Youngjae). I know you were looking for flaws for her and that's one flaw: she doesn't have much to her name except hard work and maybe life keeps reminding her of it

  • As for Yongguk I think it would also help him if he wasn't so ...i don't know rash? He's quick to act but maybe that's part of his character. I know you want to have him to be disliked or at least seen as kind of a jerk for right now, but make him a little sympathetic. Remind us why Mani loved him. And that will certainly play on the heartstrings of your readers. Which, let's be honest, is so much fun XD


Setting (7/10) - how well-built and represented is your setting in the story?

  • I will be honest...when I first started reading, I thought it was in the past. Especially because it was boss and servant. But as I read on I confused myself. Part of that is my fault for assuming, but you could benefit from describing what's around so no one else has to make the same mistake and know that it's modern day.


Mechanics (13/15) -
Flow - how does the story pace itself and move along?

  • Your flow is pretty nice. The beginning was a little slow but when it got to 5 years later...boy did it pick up!!


Grammar/Vocab - how many errors were there?

  • No problems here


Misc. (9/10)
Enjoyability - how much did I enjoy your story?

  • I did enjoy it. Like I said, the beginning was a little slow but that last chapter...man...MAN! If the rest of the chapters are that good you're gonna have one hell of a story!


Satisfactory - am I satisfied with the way it is progressing/ended?

  • I want to know what happens. And what happens to poor Daehyun. Is he gonna be single or does he end up with Mani? Because I see Mani falling back in love with Yongguk BUT WHAT ABOUT DAEHYUN. He was by far my favorite character because of his complexity. I know you asked me to help you with him but I think he's fine. Or maybe...plot twist...he ends up with Youngjae XD haha I kid and that would be mean to the sister


Total (84/100)

 
  • Please continue writing your story with all the energy of that last chapter. Seriously. It was fantastic. 10/10 on that chapter alone

  • One more note. It's a little personal. But when Daehyun’s sister asked Youngjae to fight for her...I felt so bad for Youngjae. That isn't fair to ask of a servant. He could get fired or worse...like beaten up by Mr. Jung Daehyun all over again. That part really hurt my heart but, hey, she wasn't thinking about him and only herself. I just wanted to pet little JaeJae