Karmachameleon! Your cheesecake is ready!

Cheesecake Archive

A Chance Encounter.

tumblr_o6yuq930GZ1sqnerso1_500.png

 

Title (4/5)

Definitely relevant and creative but for me it’s not quite eye catching. And I personally suggest that you should remove the period though.

Description/Forward (7/10) 

The description somehow describes the happening in Juyeon’s life and it helps the reader to store some possibilities on the storyline of the story. In my opinion, for me it was kind of lacking since the description you had was until the first set of chapters and yet the story has to faces, one is juyeon’s problem with bona and Chanyeol and the second was with Yixing. So I think it would be better if you put some sneak peaks on her life and struggles with Yixing to.

Plot (18/20) 
• Originality – I cannot say that it was original, and I cannot say that it was main stream. Maybe I have encountered something like this once or twice but yours was worth reading. I am not saying that the others are not but I think since yours has this fluff overload with some of the readers like advances others.

Believable – Yes at some point it was believable, the love thingy with Yixing was close to reality but I think it wasn’t that believable when you’re cousin is a and wants to take everything away from you and you being stupid gets jealous in here dirty character. Nonetheless it was close to reality.


Characters (27/30) -
• Voice – Definitely clear and strong. I can imagine the scenes you put there and the not so basic words really helped me a lot to put my shoes in her shoes.

Development – Since it was in Juyeon’s point of view, I kinda focused on her more than anyone in the story. To be honest, I was pissed at her character, why? Because who the hell forgives a cheater and her cousin who is ought to be selfish and ? That was so old, now a days I might say that it is not easy to forgive, whether the sin was small or big it doesn’t matter. A sin is a sin. But still I like how she grew as the chapters passed.


Personality – Her personality was like a plain Jane type. Full of insecurities, calling herself a potato and all was a common factor in a protagonist but it blended well with Yixing’s character and I swear you made my fluff meter overload. 
Setting (9/10) 

One word. Imaginable. 

Mechanics (15/15) - 
• Flow – On the first 3 to 4 chapters I thought it was kinda slow but then I realized that it was me who was thinking that it was slow. I liked the way you put the story in one month basis I think? Correct me if I’m wrong, the story happen within one month right? And I really thought that if it’d happen in real life, it will most likely take one month. You aced this one for me.

• Grammar/Vocab – Didn’t saw one, because the way you describe or pulled off the conversation was on juyeon’s point of view so it doesn’t sounds so hard since you were writing a one point of view story. I have encountered with some not so basic English words which I liked (I usually suggest every author to use that) because you didn’t just entertained the reader but you also helped her vocabulary and that’s the real essence of reading for me, enjoying it at the same time learning.
Misc. (8/10)
• Enjoyability – I’ll be very honest with you, I really did find the story boring at first because there were so many narrations and I am not a fan of that and also this is a OC fiction and again I am not a fan of it unless Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun were the leading man. But, I really enjoyed the story in the middle part were I have encountered the twists and turns of the story. Somehow you made me smile and frowned at the same time with the sweetness of Yixing and the stupidity of Juyeon.

• Satisfactory – I am very satisfied with the way you have ended the story. I was a bit disappointed since I thought that you would have a wedding in the epilogue but you have only put the proposal but nevertheless I liked it.


Total (88/100)

I am pleased to review this story since I saw it in the advertisement section and I have also saw the numbers of upvotes and subscribers. Hope you continue to write stories like this and bring out the naughty attitude in our little angel Yixing.

-baconandeggyeol6104