Reunion

Hold Me Tight - (VKook/BTS)

Ⓣaehyung was so shocked. “Hyung?” he asked like he didn’t believe he was standing right in front of him at the moment. “Yoongi hyung, what are you doing here?” He quickly stood back up on his feet and attacked his friend in a tight hug.

“I missed you so much,” Yoongi muttered in their hug.

“I’ve missed you too,” Taehyung whispered, noticing he was still crying.

“What happened?” the elder asked after breaking their hug and wiped Taehyung’s tears with his hands. “Why are you crying?”

This only made Taehyung cry even harder when his thoughts went back to Jungkook. “Hyung,” he whimpered, “I’m in love.”

“What do you mean? Is that why you’re crying?” he asked confused.

“But he’s a boy. And he’s in love with someone else. A girl.”

Yoongi’s reaction said everything; his smile had completely vanished and he tried to look as natural as he could. “Since when?” he asked.

“Since I turned gay you mean?” Taehyung asked directly, which made Yoongi flinch for a moment, but remained silent. “I don’t know. I guess I was denying it myself at first, but I realised I couldn’t continue to lie, so I faced it and admitted it. I’m in love with a boy.”

Yoongi didn’t know what to say, just to comfort him as he continued to cry. “It’s okay Taehyungie,” he whispered, “everything’s okay.”

“When did you get back anyways?” the younger finally asked after calming down.

“Tonight. I was on my way to your house until I recognised your crying.”

Taehyung frowned at him. “You recognised my crying?”

“Yup, it has never changed since you were little,” he smirked.

“Shut up,” the blond boy giggled at him. That’s when he finally took a good look on the elder, and even through the dark, he could tell he had dyed his hair as well. “You dyed your hair?”

He smiled. “Yeah, pink.”

“Pink?” Taehyung gaped as he tried to study his hair closer, but it was too dark, especially behind the trees.

“Don’t judge me,” he muttered, and finally he stood up as he dragged his younger friend up as well. “Let’s go, it’s getting late. We’ll talk at your house.”

Taehyung nodded as he followed Yoongi with their hands clinging tightly to the other. “I’m glad you’re back hyung,” he whispered, but audible enough for the smaller one to hear.

“Me too,” he smiled back.

 

After the males arrived back to Taehyung’s house, they sat on the sofa in the lounge. They firstly sat in silence, not knowing what to say, but finally Taehyung broke the ice.

“Care to explain?” he asked when Yoongi didn’t pick up the courage to start.

“Yeah, guess I should,” he should.

“You guess? Of course you should! What the hell were you thinking?” Taehyung suddenly started yelling as he was glaring at the pink haired male.

Yoongi lowered his head. “I’m sorry Taehyung-ah,” he apologised, “but I had to get out of town.”

“For three ing years?” he growled furiously. “And not even calling me, or the least texting me everything was okay and you just wanted space? What the hell Yoongi hyung!” he cursed. “I even went to the police in panic something had happened to you!”

“I’m sorry,” he apologised again, “I wanted to tell you, but - “

“So why didn’t you?” he snapped. “Why did you run away?”

“Because I was in love,” he muttered, almost inaudible.

“What?” Taehyung gasped surprised. “Because you were in love?” he repeated. “So you ran away with that person?” he asked, finally calm again. He knew how it felt that wanting to do everything for the person you fancied.

“No,” he replied, “I ran away from the person.”

“Huh?” was all Taehyung managed to respond.

“I’m gay, Taehyungie, and the guy I’m in love with got a girlfriend right after I confessed, and I couldn’t handle it so I needed to escape. After when I felt ready to come back, I finally decided to do it.”

Taehyung felt bad immediately. He had just hated Yoongi for his sudden disappearance, and it still made him pissed and it pained him, but he couldn’t control his emotions, which Taehyung knew he was quite sensitive despite his protective shell.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you,” Taehyung muttered.

“Don’t apologise,” Yoongi said, “I understand you’re angry with me. I’d be too if you just suddenly disappeared without a word, but please understand that I needed to go away for a while.”

Taehyung nodded without saying anything else.

The two males sat in silence once again. Not long after, Yoongi left as it got too late and he needed to go back to his sister’s place to crash. Taehyung was going to suggest him living with him, but Yoongi had already disappeared again.

 

The following night Taehyung didn’t get much sleep. His mind was filled with thoughts, both about Jungkook and Yoongi. He definitely didn’t want to speak with Jungkook for the following days. It’d be too much and too awkward. He must’ve noticed something was off.

In class Hoseok tried to make Taehyung in a better mood, but nothing worked. He even realised Taehyung wanted to avoid Jungkook, and he even helped him such as dragging him places and distracting the black haired male so the other could escape.

“You’re in love with Jungkook, aren’t you?” Hoseok suddenly asked in lunch as the two sat on the rooftop together to avoid everyone else.

Taehyung coughed and literally choked on his food. “Wha - what?” he stuttered, but he knew it was too obvious already.

“You’re in love with Jungkook,” he asked, but it sounded more like he already knew so it wasn’t really a question.

“Yeah,” Taehyung finally admitted. “I am.”

“Why didn’t you say anything to me? How long have you fancied him?” he asked again.

“Because I was afraid. And I just tried to get over him and thought it’d work if I just kept quiet about my feelings,” he explained shortly. He did indeed feel bad for shutting his best friend out, but he felt like if he didn’t tell anyone, his feelings would slow down eventually.

“But they haven’t, have they?” Hoseok commented. Taehyung just shook his head.

“But he likes girls, and he even likes one in particular. I’m definitely going to be crushed when they get together, so I just want to stop liking him already,” he whimpered, which made Hoseok bring him in for a hug comfortably.

“I can talk to him if you want to?” he suggested, but it only made Taehyung snap his head up immediately.

“No! No no no!” he repeated in panic. “Never! Promise me you won’t Hoseok!”

“Relax Tae, I promise,” he smiled reassuringly.

 

“Oh, Taehyung!” the said male heard his name being called after he and Hoseok made their way down again to attend class that took place in just a few minutes. “Remember I told you I fancied this girl?” Jungkook asked, grinning like he was the happiest person on earth.

“Yes,” Taehyung muttered; Hoseok could tell the bitterness hidden in Taehyung’s voice as he tried to concentrate on both of them, especially Jungkook.

“Let me introduce you two,” he smiled as he dragged a girl away from the lockers nearby. “Taehyung, this is my girlfriend, Park Areum,” he introduced as he threw his arm around her shoulder. “Areum, this is my new friend, Kim Taehyung, and Jung Hoseok.”

The girl smiled at both of them. “Hello, I’m Park Areum,” she said shyly, but still bowed politely to them.

The two shocked males hesitantly bowed back. “Congratulations,” Taehyung said as he forced out the best smile he could.

“Yeah, congrats, but we’ll be late for class, so see ya,” Hoseok quickly added and dragged Taehyung away from the new couple. “You okay?” he asked worriedly as they were finally alone.

“Of course,” Taehyung smiled and ignored his friend’s worried looks. “I’m fine, honestly. Let’s just get to class.”