They broke up

Hold Me Tight - (VKook/BTS)

Ⓣaehyung was glad he was already sitting, or else he was sure the shock would make him stumble, especially as balance wasn’t his greatest speciality at the moment.

 

Even Hoseok’s surprised gasp was at its finest exaggeration. All the other students in the classroom were staring at them.

 

Taehyung quickly covered his cheek with his hand and glared up at Areum. “What the hell?” he yelled as he stood up. “Why did you slap me?”

 

“It’s your fault!” she yelled. “It’s all your fault freak!” she cried.

 

Taehyung had no idea what she was talking about. Taehyung had never talked her unless he had to. He could barely recall the last time they spoke to each other.

 

“Areum, what are you doing?” They both turned their heads to the side as they saw Jungkook walking towards them, glaring at Areum.

 

“It’s his fault you broke up with me!” she cried.

 

“What?” Taehyung asked, not understanding anything. And he thought it was she who broke up with him, not the other way.

 

“He has nothing to do with it, so leave him alone,” he growled back at her. She gave Taehyung one last glare before running away again, crying.

 

Taehyung sat down again, his cheek still hurting.

 

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked worriedly; Taehyung only nodded as he avoided his gaze.

 

The teacher entered the classroom, and as soon as her eyes landed on Jungkook, she cleared . “Jeon Jungkook, I believe you’re in the wrong classroom.”

 

“Yeah, just a minute,” he said as he was about to walk closer to his blond dyed friend, but the loud voice from the teacher stopped him. “NOW, Jungkook.”

 

“I’ll see you in lunch,” he muttered before exiting the classroom and disappeared from sight.




 

When lunch appeared, Jungkook was already standing outside Taehyung’s classroom.

 

“I need to talk to him alone,” he said, and Hoseok disappeared within seconds. “I’m sorry about Areum,” he apologised.

 

“It’s okay, you didn’t do anything,” Taehyung said.

 

Jungkook slowly reached up his hand and placed it on the red mark on Taehyung’s cheek and caressed the skin softly. The blond boy was blushing madly at his action, but he stayed completely still. “I thought she broke up with you,” he commented, “you seemed kind of sad.”

 

Jungkook started chuckling. “She’d forgive me even if I cheated on her,” he joked, “as long as I didn’t end our relationship.”

 

Taehyung giggled. “True. But why did she blame me then?” he asked.

 

Jungkook shrugged. “Because I spent so much time with you.”

 

“But I never forced you to be with me,” the blond male said, “it was you who kept coming to me.”

 

Jungkook grinned. “I know, it’s not your fault, it’s mine,” he said. He paused for a moment before continuing. “But it’s kinda your fault a little bit though.”

 

Taehyung frowned at him. “How?”

 

“Because you were injured,” he smiled.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “And whose fault was that? It certainly wasn’t my fault a car drove over my leg. And I didn’t even need help most of the times! You just kept coming and doing stuff for me,” he muttered.

 

Jungkook laughed sweetly. “I did love to spoil you, I admit that,” he grinned, “but I don’t get it. If our positions were switched, I’d be sick as long as possible for you to spoil me.”

 

Taehyung didn’t reply. He rather kept his gaze lowered and avoided Jungkook’s eyes. Why would he say something like that? Did he mean like if they crush were switched? He didn’t like how Jungkook kept flirting with him. He probably didn’t even realise it, but it was obvious to Taehyung when he actually had feelings for the male. He would notice every little detail about him, but he would never notice the same things back.



 

After school had finished, Jungkook had decided he wanted to spend more time with Taehyung, and therefore he followed him home, and even inside the house. Taehyung frowned at him as he noticed he was still with him when he was getting rid of his shoes.

 

“What are you still doing here?” he asked confused, but Jungkook only rolled his eyes like it was the stupidest question he had ever asked him.

 

“Staying, obviously,” he giggled as he also removed his shoes and stepped inside, even before Taehyung.

 

The blond male entered with his school bag, staring at his friend’s back as he entered himself. Taehyung definitely didn’t expect Jungkook to spend more time with him, especially after today. His girlfriend freaked out because he spent so much time with him, and he wasn’t bothered by it at all? That didn’t seem right.

 

“You sure you’re not busy today?” Taehyung asked just to be sure he wasn’t being a burden to the other male, as if he was staying because of him.

 

“Nope,” he said as he popped the ‘p’, “free all day.”

 

Not much longer after, Taehyung cleared the table in the longue, and put his bag on top of it as he sat down on the floor with a pillow below his bum, and started packing his books out.

 

“What are you doing?” Jungkook asked as if he had never seen school books before.

 

“Homework?” Taehyung replied, but it came more out as a question. “If you’re disappointed, then go home,” he said stubbornly.

 

Jungkook only started laughing. “If you’ll do homework, then I’ll do them too,” he grinned, “we can even help each other!”

 

Taehyung frowned at him. “Together?” he asked. “Sure that’s a good idea? I mean, I’m probably going to drag you down as you’re smarter than me anyways.”

 

Jungkook pouted. “Hey, don’t be like that; you won’t drag me down, we’ll only drag each other up instead.”

 

Taehyung was sure he wouldn’t be dragging Jungkook up, but rather the other way. But he still couldn’t refuse, not when his friend was giving him such sweet puppy-like eyes like he was begging for food. There’s no way for him to say no to that.



 

And so the males helped each other with homework for Math and English. Jungkook was way better than Taehyung, at least in his mind, and he felt embarrassed whenever Jungkook corrected him with something, or gave him advice. He literally had to suggest them doing some individual work so it’d go quicker to get the homework done. There were lots of parts where Taehyung wanted to ask the brown haired boy about a task, but he felt too much like a burden to do so, and with that he just remained quiet.

 

Jungkook seemed to have finished his work as he clapped his books shut and put them back in his bag, but Taehyung was yet to be done. Somehow, Jungkook not doing anything made him even more nervous than when they were both busy.

 

Actually, just by Jungkook’s presence seemed to be disturbing Taehyung’s concentration that was supposed to be focused on his books only.

 

“Hey Taehyung?” Jungkook suddenly asked out of the blue as he was just staring out in the air.

 

“Hm?” Taehyung hummed in approval, trying to hide his amount of nervousness by just his voice speaking directly to him.

 

“Can I ask you something personal?” Taehyung just nodded his head, but he refused to glance at him, and rather just in his book. “When did you know you were… uhh, that you like males?”

 

Taehyung sighed deeply; he knew he’d ask that eventually when he’d know he was gay. “When I fell in love for the first time I guess,” he replied, trying to seem bored instead of nervous,, but he wasn’t so sure whether he was succeeding or not.

 

“Can I ask you one more thing?” he continued.

 

Please don’t. “Mhm,” he slowly nodded.

 

“Why do you like me?” he asked, which made Taehyung to actually turn his head to look at Jungkook as he couldn’t tell if he was being serious or not, but his face was was calm and straight, and it confirmed his seriousness.

 

But Taehyung honestly didn’t know what to say. Firstly, he didn’t know himself; it’s his feelings that likes him, and he couldn’t control that. Secondly, why was he even wondering about that? It’s not like Taehyung was the only person who liked him, and it wasn’t hard to believe he fancied him.

 

“I guess it’s the same when anyone fall for someone at all,” he started, trying to play it off coolly, hoping he wouldn’t embarrass himself any further than he had already when he first started to talk to his long time distant crush. “You start to think more of the person, even though they’re not present,” he started off, already having a flashback to when he realised he was in love with the male. “And when they’re not close to you, you start to miss them, and want to do anything just to be close to them. And when they’re close and not looking at you, you just can’t help but to stare at their back, just admiring their view and just how wonderful they are. And when you lock gazes, even if it’s just for a split second, it feels like the longest hour because you want to treasure the moment. And how you think the person is so perfect, although there is no such thing as perfection, but the person just beats it, covering their flaws with something else that’s even better and more wonderful.”

 

Taehyung realised he was long time ago embarrassing himself, and he should’ve definitely shut up already.

 

“I’m sorry,” apologised, not noticing the grin from the other.

 

“Go on,” he smiled, “I’m get happy hearing this.”

 

“Don’t you feel disgusted though? I mean, hearing this from another male isn’t exactly what you’d want to hear,” he mumbled, obviously hurt by the fact he felt like Jungkook was playing with him.

 

“Of course I don’t feel disgusted,” Jungkook protested, earning Taehyung’s attention again, “I feel happy when someone has such strong feelings for me,” he grinned.

 

“Are you teasing me again?” Taehyung rolled his eyes, trying to act cool again.

 

“Maybe,” he smirked in reply. “But Taehyung, can I ask you something else?”

 

Taehyung was tired of the questions already, but nodded with a sigh.

 

“Actually, it’s more like a favour,” he started and scoffed closer towards the blond one. Jungkook was originally on the sofa, and Taehyung was sitting down on the floor with the sofa supporting his back, but Jungkook had leaned closer towards him, almost lying on the couch. “Can I kiss you?”

 

It wasn’t really a question, at least he wasn’t waiting for a response, and he shifted closer as he placed his own lips on Taehyung’s.

 

The innocent male gasped surprised by his action, and he immediately stood up like he was being electrocuted, staring down at the male lying on the sofa, almost falling off because he moved so suddenly. “W - wh - what are you doing?” he stuttered whilst flushing madly. He tried to calm down, but his heart was pounding so furiously that he thought it’d pop out of his chest at any moment. It was so uncomfortable; he had never had this feeling before. Was it happening because he didn’t know exactly why he kissed him? Because he thought his first kiss might be meaningless, or just a joke to the other?

 

“Because I wanted to confirm my feelings,” Jungkook said as he got up as well. He tried approaching his friend, whom he had just kissed, but he only backed away like he was a wild beast he feared with his life.

 

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung yelled, finally snapping out of his trance of shock. “Get out,” he muttered, before he’d really snap at his friend. How could he do this to me? Doesn’t he care about my feelings at all?

 

“Taehyung, I’m serious,” Jungkook started, but before he’d say anything else, Taehyung backed away from his request of holding him, and only glared at him.

 

“I said get out! I want you out of my sight!” he yelled, but Jungkook refused to move.

 

The chocolate haired male forced the other to the wall so he wouldn’t be able to move at all, and he’d be forced to listen to him. “Taehyung-ah, let me finish before you go all berserk!” he yelled, loud enough so Taehyung would calm down and let him continue. “I’m not just fooling around, so stop convincing yourself otherwise,” he said like he could read Taehyung’s mind. “I did it because when you described how you fell in love with me, I could feel those feelings, like missing you, stealing glances whenever I could, loving every moment we spend together and talk with each other. And when you smile, especially because of me, it makes me so happy. And I’m sure you’re the closest person to be near perfection; you definitely beat everyone else I’ve met, and when you described why you like me so much, I felt like the happiest person alive, and the luckiest to be loved by you,” Jungkook blurted out.

 

Taehyung, whoever, couldn’t believe his ears. The guy he’s in love with confessing his possibly love for him in return? When did that actually happen in real life? In movies and dramas, yes, but not like this. Jungkook couldn’t love him back.

 

“You - you’re lying,” Taehyung whimpered, not wanting to say it, but he didn’t want to be fooled. He didn’t want to get his highs up, and only get disappointed at the end after all because he was foolish enough to actually get lead on pointlessly.

 

“I’m not,” he said.

 

“You’re lying,” Taehyung repeated, shutting his eyes tightly.

 

Jungkook stepped closer so their faces would be only inches apart. “I’m not,” he whispered, placing one soft and quick kiss on the other, but Taehyung still wasn’t convinced.

 

“…you’re lying.”

 

Jungkook tried to wait until Taehyung would open his eyes to look at him again, but he didn’t. “What can I do to make you believe me?”

 

“Believe what, exactly?” the blond asked, finally opening his eyes to look at the other directly in the eyes, hoping for an direct answer.

 

“That I love you.”