Everyone gathered

Hold Me Tight - (VKook/BTS)

Ⓓuring the whole class Taehyung was distracted by the thoughts of Jungkook and his new girlfriend.

He wasn’t kidding liking her, he thought to himself. He had just admitted it to Taehyung the day before fancying her, and now they were dating already?

This was damaging Taehyung way more than he thought it would. He knew Jungkook would get a girlfriend eventually. There wasn’t even a female at their school who didn’t like the top student. But Taehyung feared the moment where Jungkook would like one as well, and finally that time had come, and now it was time for him to ‘officially’ move on and forget about him.

That’s right, he thought, I’ll just avoid him and stop interacting with him.

It was easier said than done, but Taehyung would do his best to avoid the other male at all cost, and he needed help from Hoseok to do so, especially at school.

 

Taehyung didn’t bother going home before leaving for work. He’d rather avoid having the conversation with Jungkook about walking home together and just hurrying over to Jin’s Diner.

“You’re early,” Jimin commented as he saw the blond boy entering the diner.

Taehyung just ignored and went to the backroom and changed to his working clothes. He was even an hour earlier, but he didn’t mind. He definitely needed a distraction. Once he’d be left alone and let his thoughts wander, he was sure he’d end up crying again, which was something he definitely didn’t want to do anymore.

“You okay?” Jimin asked as he looked for the slow male that hadn’t come out yet to start working. “You’ve been here for ten minutes.”

“I’m fine Jimin.” Taehyung didn’t mean to seem rude like how he sounded, but he was honestly on the edge to cry, and if Jimin would say something else, or even look at his face, he knew he’d break down.

But luckily Jimin disappeared again, and Taehyung had time to splash water on his face and stare in his own eyes through the mirror to get himself together and work professionally. “You can do this Taehyung-ah,” he said to himself as he clapped his own cheeks at the same time, “just survive today.”

“Good to see you Taehyungie,” his boss greeted as he was already by the entrance already.

“Hello,” Taehyung greeted as he bowed towards his boss.

“You’re early,” Namjoon smirked as he appeared from behind Seokjin. “Saw some blood on the way and it made your speed boost up?” he teased.

“Namjoon, shut up before I shut you up for good,” Seokjin threatened him as he saw how uncomfortable Taehyung became of his remark.

“I’m just joking around hyung,” he smiled before giving a light playful punch on Taehyung’s arm. “Right, Taehyung-ah?”

“Right,” he muttered, but he quickly passed the two older males to stand by the counter.

“Go get the tables,” Jimin said as he took over the counter, and Taehyung was forced to get orders. Just don’t make him come here, he mentally prayed during the orders.

“Taehyungie!” called a familiar voice. “Hey, it’s all right for us to be here now, right? You’ll serve us?” Of course it was Jeon Jungkook, and he even brought along his girlfriend.

“Oh, uh, yeah,” he lied as he lead them over to an available table, “of course. Here’s the menu. I’ll be back shortly to take your orders.”

As quickly as possible, he walked over to another table where he was delivering an order, and then over to another to table to clean, and then ordering another table, and so on. He was hoping Jimin would notice them waiting and have the wit to take their orders instead, but he was too braindead to realise.

When Taehyung eventually wasn’t too busy, and the couples had been waiting for ten minutes, he was forced to go over to them.

“May I take your order?” he asked as he fished out his note block and a pen, and of course the fake smile of his he was getting better at using daily, and not just at work.

“Do you realise we’ve been waiting for ten whole minutes?” the girl asked, disgust written all over her face.

Taehyung flinched immediately. She was not like how her first impression seemed like, he thought to himself. “I - I’m sorry,” he apologised whilst bowing.

“Areum, it’s okay. You could clearly see he was busy. There’s a lot of customers here today,” he defended him whilst giving him the smile of sympathy.

Please don’t defend me. It’ll only make it harder for me to get over you.

“Okay, whatever, I’ll have water and a salad,” she muttered whilst, harshly, forcing the menu in Taehyung’s hands.

He tried not to seem rude, but the menus were always supposed to be on the tables, so he tried to be as subtle as possible to place it back there, but she definitely noticed, and glared immediately at him. “Do you think I’m an idiot? Is that why you’re slowly mocking me?” she barked.

Taehyung was so taken aback he froze for a few seconds, until Jungkook had gently put his hand on top Taehyung’s, and he placed the menu back on the table.

“Taehyung is not that kind of person to do so,” Jungkook muttered back at her, “stop talking like that to my friend.”

Even Taehyung could tell Jungkook was getting irritated by her attitude. He understood it quite well; the girl had been nothing but rude ever since they arrived, although he didn’t know what she was like with Jungkook alone.

“I’ll have ice coffee mocha and chocolate cake,” he smiled up at his friend. Taehyung noticed his girlfriend gave him a weird look whilst glancing at his body judgmental.

Glad to finally escape, Taehyung went to make their orders ready immediately and tried to be there longer than necessary just to pay back for his crush’s girlfriend.

“Hey, Taehyung,” Jimin appeared from behind him, “who’s the new girl with Jeon Jungkook?” he asked.

“His new girlfriend,” Taehyung muttered grumpily.

“Where’s Hoseok?”

Taehyung glanced at his friend. “I don’t know? You have his number, remember?” Taehyung reminded him, not bothered too much.

“Oh, yeah,” he muttered as he picked up his phone, probably contacting Hoseok, but Taehyung didn’t care. He just wanted Jungkook and his girlfriend to disappear from the diner.

But he had no choice than to just get it over with and bring over their orders. “I hope it’ll taste good,” he smiled at them.

“I hope so too,” Areum muttered under her breath, but both males heard her.

“What’s with you today?” Jungkook asked with a frown. “You’ve been acting weird since we came here.”

“Nothing,” she smiled sweetly to him. Taehyung was sure if his eyes were deceiving him or not, but he could swear he saw the girl glared up at him as soon as Jungkook looked away from her.

What was her problem? Taehyung thought to himself.

“Taehyung!” his friend called from the entrance.

“Hey Hoseok,” he greeted back. “Did Jimin contact you?” Taehyung asked which Hoseok nodded to in reply.

“Yeah, but I was gonna pay a visit anyways,” he said happily with a smile. Taehyung guided him to an available table, but when he spotted Jungkook and his girlfriend not too far away, his smirk grew wider and he turned around right away.

“Hoseok, what are you doing?” he growled - though not too loudly - to stop his friend.

“Don’t worry, I got your back,” he smirked, “I’m your wingman.” When he finally reached their table, he immediately sat down with them. “Jungkook! I’m surprised to see you here!” Hoseok smiled and faked his surprised gasp, which was too exaggerating in Taehyung’s opinion.

“Surprised?” he asked with a slight frown, though he smiled back. “I’ve been here a lot since I knew Taehyungie works here.”

Areum didn’t seem too pleased, especially by Hoseok’s presence. “If you wouldn’t mind, we have a date going on here.”

Hoseok seemed to be as speechless as Taehyung was earlier, but he still managed to smile at her. “I’m sorry, but I really don’t want to be alone now,” he said, trying hard to hide his obvious smirk, “you wouldn’t mind if I join you, do you?” Hoseok was directly looking at Jungkook, as he already knew the answer from Areum, but he knew Jungkook wouldn’t say no. He was just too nice to do so.

“Of course we don’t mind,” he smiled back at him.

“Fine, what do you want?” Taehyung asked Hoseok, not even bothering to be polite, nor professional, at the moment.

 

When Taehyung had served Hoseok his order, he could finally distract himself from his friends and concentrate on his work instead. He tried ignoring how loudly Hoseok was talking - probably on purpose may he add -  and also repeating what the couple told him.

“What?” Hoseok yelled, for the twentieth time already, “and what happened afterwards you dumped him so coldly?”

Areum glared at him and mumbled something, but Hoseok obviously ignored her hint for him to quiet down.

“Because it didn’t work out?” he continued to be loud. “But to dump someone over text is a bit exaggerating, right Jungkookie?”

Taehyung found himself glancing over his shoulder to find out what the said male would respond. Surprisingly, the male was already looking at him, and their eyes met.

It surprised Taehyung for a second and it made him look away immediately, but he was still not moving to hear the other’s answer. “Yeah, I wouldn’t like that to be honest,” he replied.

To Taehyung and Hoseok please, Areum didn’t seem as happy and positive anymore and stayed rather quieter, especially in Hoseok’s presence.

 

The bell rang by the entrance of the diner, and Taehyung hurried over towards it immediately. He automatically started talking politely, but when he realised who it was, his grin grew wider. “Yoongi hyung!” he nearly yelled as he attacked the male with a hug. “You actually came?”

“Of course,” he smiled back, “I need to see my little Taehyungie grow up and work as an adult,” he said whilst ruffling the blond male’s hair. Afterwards Taehyung lead Yoongi to an available seat, which happened to be right above of Jungkook and the other’s table, and it’d be hard for Yoongi not to see Taehyung’s crush; the person whom had made Taehyung cry more than he had his entire life combined before he even knew who he was.

“Still only drinking the coffee black?” Taehyung asked, seeming a lot happier by the elder’s presence than he was before. Obviously with Jungkook and his girlfriend nearby would bring down his spirit, but with an old friend, he felt his positive spirit coming back to him again and he didn’t have to force out a fake smile anymore.

“Yeah, some things will never change, especially when it comes to me,” Yoongi grinned and clapped the menu together. “Only coffee please.”

After Taehyung came back with Yoongi’s coffee, he sat down with him to chat with him for a few minutes, but something caught Yoongi’s eye during their conversation.