Jin's Diner

Hold Me Tight - (VKook/BTS)

Ⓣaehyung arrived at the diner shortly after his school ended, just like how his boss had told him to do. "Good, you're here already," he greeted him as he came in through the doors. The blond male made his way to the wardrobe and put on his apron on him and started working immediately. 

After countless of times where he cleaned the floor, tables after use, and so on, his boss had finally called him over. "Yes boss?" he asked respectfully. 

"I've told you to just call me Seokjin hyung,” he smiled friendly. "But as I promised you, I'm promoting you to a waiter. You can take orders now and serve them, and you'll earn a bit more per hours, alright? And Jimin will help you learning a bit more as you're not used to serve just quite yet." 

Taehyung's face lit up. "Thank you so much b - " he stopped for a second, "Seokjin hyung." His boss smiled back. 

Kim Seokjin was the owner of Jin's Diner if it wasn't obvious enough. He always stayed in the kitchen to make the food as he was the only one who made good enough food, although some of the other workers would take over during his breaks and day offs. Seokjin wouldn't be at the diner all the time, and when he wasn't, his best friend Namjoon, the second boss, would take over. 

"Congrats Taehyung," Jimin smirked at him as he gave him a pat on the back. "Now, stay behind me and watch what I do, okay?" For once Taehyung listened to his colleague and observed him closely to learn faster. It wasn't too complicated in his opinion; he'd get the hang of it soon enough. "You saw?" he asked, which was followed by a nod from the blond one. "Good. Now go and take table eleven, I saw two males entering a few minutes ago.” 

Taehyung nodded again as he rushed over to the said table, fishing out his note block and pen out of his front pocket on his apron. His hand was shaking in nervousness as he was about to take his first order with real life people, and not his stuffed animals in his bedroom he used to practice with for such events. But now he was actually promoted, and now he had to take his first order. "Good day, how can I take your order?" Taehyung said casually, but out of nowhere, Jimin popped out from behind him, already having his scold mode on his face. 

"Taehyung," he said, "you're supposed to introduce yourself as a newbie first, and then you ask for their orders." The boy literally face-palmed himself, followed by Taehyung's gaze. 

"Erm, sorry - " The blond male interrupted himself as he finally looked at the customers, which weren't just strangers, but the ones and only Jung Hoseok and Jeon Jungkook. Honestly, Taehyung had forgotten they were supposed to come for a visit, which he had just hoped they had forgotten as well. "I - I'm Kim Taehyung who's just been promoted to a waiter. How can I take your order?" 

The boy could see Hoseok struggled to keep his laughter in, and Jungkook just smiled sweetly at him, although he could see he also had to keep his giggle in as well. "Yeah, I'll have coffee," Hoseok smirked. 

"Water." Jungkook didn't bother to write down as it was only two drinks and walked away quickly - because he obviously just wanted to disappear as soon as possible. As he was making the coffee he knew Hoseok preferred, his mind wandered as he glanced down at the floor. Would his payment drop if he accidentally slipped or stumbled, and broke his leg? 

"Here,” Taehyung muttered as he gave them their drinks. The males smirked back at him. "I know you want cake," he mumbled as he wrote it down on the block. Then he looked over at his idol student, who was smiling so perfectly it should’ve been illegal. "What will you have?" 

"Hmm," he smiled, "what do you like the best here? Preferably something that will keep my tummy full." 

Taehyung thought for a moment whilst tapping his chin with his pen, not noticing the markings he made with it that caused Hoseok to burst out laughing, ignoring the subtle glares from Jungkook. "The waffles are quite good," he started off, "and the baguettes are nice." He thought for another moment. "But then again the pancakes are delicious," he chanted, "or the banana smoothie is very good as a healthy drink and it makes you feel full.” 

Taehyung was about to rant some more until a wild Jimin reappeared again. "I see you're having a good time," he said sarcastically as he clenched his hold of his colleague’s shoulder, "how about just taking their order, huh?" 

Taehyung gulped at how sudden scary Jimin seemed all of the sudden. He always looked at Jimin as a small boy who had a bit more experience than him, even though they were the same age; Jimin was a lot of things, but not scary. Not until now at least. 

"Hey, you're Park Jimin, aren't you?" Jungkook suddenly exclaimed, surprising all three. 

"Yeah?" he replied confused. 

"I recognise you because of your dyed orange hair," Jungkook smiled. "It's really nice. How often do you do it?" Somehow, Taehyung started to feel a bit uneasy as he stared at Jungkook, and this didn't go unnoticed by Hoseok. 

Jimin smiled politely as he bowed in a greeting. "Once in two weeks or so if I want to keep it bright," he said as he stole Taehyung's block where he had the orders written on it. "I'll make them. Just chat with you friends as a small break, okay?" Then he disappeared again, leaving Taehyung alone in the awkwardness of the two guests. 

"It's weird seeing someone having so much control over you," Hoseok frowned, but then smiled again. "It's quite amusing to be honest." 

Jungkook slapped his arm lightly to shut him up. "Don't listen to him, you're doing a great job!" Taehyung thanked him with a nod, still standing over their table awkwardly. "Here, sit down," Jungkook suggested as he moved closer towards the wall, making room for the blond one. "So you just got promoted? Wow, congratulations, I'm sure you're happy about that." 

Taehyung nodded back with a smile. "Yeah, I am, although it's different from just cleaning up stuff." All three chuckled together as they chatted along until Taehyung had to go back to his work. He went to different tables with different orders, and of course not to mention, different mistakes. 

"Hey, Taehyung," Jungkook called him over, which made him really happy, not noticing the smirk appearing on Hoseok's face. "Are you close with Park Jimin?" 

Taehyung couldn't help but to frown. "Close?" he asked as he thought for a moment. 

"Of course we're close!" Jimin, the ghost that can appear anywhere at any time, interrupted whilst throwing his arm around Taehyung. He tried getting out of Jimin's grip, but the male was too strong without even trying much. "Why?" 

"Ah, nothing," Jungkook blushed. Taehyung's eyes widen. Did he see right? "I was just worried Taehyung was alone, but I'm glad he has you then!" 

Jimin snickered. "Of course, we're all friends here. Although he's hard to get used to, he's still cool and funny to be around," Jimin laughed, "even if he threatens me most of the times." 

"No kidding," Hoseok commented, causing the two of them to chuckle as they shared the same feeling. Jungkook, however, had yet to experienced it.

 

It was finally time Jungkook and Hoseok would leave the diner. As they said goodbye to the waiter, Jungkook subtly tried to whisper to him. "Will you get his number for me?" he asked with a grin. Although it made Taehyung's heart drop immediately, he still nodded whilst forcing out a smile. 

"Your friend's cute," Jimin said with a smirk as they were cleaning the diner, most guests had already disappeared. Taehyung stared at him, not noticing his own glare. "Hoseok, was it? He seems like a nice guy." 

Thank you for reading! I hope you'll look forward for next chapter~ don't forget to vote and comment ^^ Have a nice day/good evening  .xx