Stupid Fish

I Fell For a Jerk

“Y-Yonghwa ssi…?!” Hyunae exclaimed and pushed Donghae away from her. “A-Anniyo…Donghae just has a habit of back-hugging people…he’s just a friend…really!” She blushed. Donghae was pushed back. He was hurt, he was hurt by Hyunae’s words.

So I’m only a friend to her…he thought. He came back to reality when Yonghwa laughed.
“Chinchayo? Hmmm…you guys would make a good couple though” Yonghwa came up to them. “Actually…Hyunae looks good with most of the super junior hyung/sunbaenims.” Yonghwa chuckled.

“E-Eh?? Anniyo…” Hyunae blushed a bit harder.

“What are you doing here? How did you find these place anyway…?” Donghae looked at Yonghwa suspiciously.

“Hyung. We go to the same university” Yonghwa laughed at his clueless hyung “Also, Hyunae, have you got those assignments? I can’t seem to find mine.” Yonghwa scratched the back of his neck.

“Assignment? OH! I think I have your assignment sheet…Hongki oppa gave it to me” Hyunae went to her bag which was hanging there on the couch. She took out 4 sheets of paper. “Is it this one?” she gave it to Yonghwa.

“So that’s why Hongki hyung was looking in my bag…” Yonghwa nodded. “Arasso” He made an O with his fingers. “I’ll see you at University, Hyunae ah, bye Donghae hyung” Yonghwa waved and left the two alone again.
The pair looked at each other, it was awkward, Hyunae went back to cooking her food while Donghae awkwardly sat on the couch watching some random channels on her TV.
Once Hyunae finished cooking she plated them up.
“Oppa, food is served.” She said simply.

“Arasso~” Donghae went up to the table happily and sat down, prepared to eat.

“We’ll enjoy our food~” They both chimed together as they ate. Donghae finished eating first (being the boy he is) and waited for Hyunae to finish eating as well. Hyunae finished not so long after that. Donghae took Hyunae’s plate and went to the kitchen to wash it.

“Oppa, you don’t have to, you can go back to your dorm now” Hyunae tried to persuade the older, but it failed terribly.

“Anni, as the boy and the elder one, I should wash the dishes shouldn’t I? Besides~ I wont be a gentlemen if I were to let you wash the dishes and use your poor delicate hands again” He smiled proud at his own words as he continued to wash the dishes.

“But oppa-“

“No ‘buts’, go rest on the couch.” He said simply. Hyunae pouted and muttered an ‘arasso’ as she went to sit on the couch. She watched MNET. Suddenly , Super Junior’s Miracle started to play on the TV.

Life couldn’t get better~!! (yeah)” Donghae and Hyunae started to sing along with the lyrics.
“Cause I love you baby and I’m never gonna stop~!” Hyunae sang Kibum’s part.

“Life couldn’t get better!!” Donghae started to sing while washing the dishes. Once they song finished, Hyunae’s song, Simple as White started to play.

“Ahh…this song…” Hyunae sighed.

“Oh…is that Wookie and Seohyun?” Donghae questioned as he came and sat on the couch.

“Yup, they helped with my music video” I laughed at the memory. Hyunae continued to look at her Music Video. Donghae stared at her. He’s just a friend… Her sentence kept running through his head. …she’s been spending a lot of time with Ryeowook lately…is it because of him I’m just a friend…?

“Hey Hyunae…”

“Hm~?”

“…what’s your relationship with Ryeowook?”

Hyunae’s POV
“…what’s your relationship with Ryeowook?”
I choked on my own saliva.

“E-Eh???”

“Well…you’ve been hanging out with Wookie a lot these days, I’m just wondering but…” He came closer to me so that our faces were dangerously close. “Are you guys dating?”

“W-What?!?!?!?! No way!!!” I shouted and pushed his face so that he fell on the floor.

“OWW!!!! Why’d you push me?!?!?” He pouted and made his puppy dog face.

I turned my head so that I wouldn’t see his cuteness. “Cause you were too close to my face, now get out!” I pointed towards my door while my head was still turned.

“Arasso…” I could imagine him pouting and dragging his feet towards the door. Once I head the door shut, I turned my head back around and sighed. But got a huge surprise when I felt someone grab a hold of my head. Then, suddenly, there was a pair of warm lips on my forehead. Once they moved away, I turned around. Donghae was standing there, grinning.

“YAH!!!!!” I screamed, embarrassed, as I threw my pillow at him. He dodged it and went towards the door. “Get.Out.Now” I threatened him with my pillow.

“Arasso~” He skipped along, but came back. “Oh…and saranghayo~” He cooed and pulled my last string as I threw the pillow at him, but luckily for him, he got away.

“AISH!!” I groaned in frustration and slumped into my couch. “Stupid Fish…” I muttered.

Narrator’s POV
Donghae came skipping into the room happily.
“Well isn’t someone happy…?” Eunhyuk chuckled.

“Yup!! I’m very happy!!oh…also…” Donghae walked towards Eunhyuk. “Did you know that Hyunae’s cooking is the best? It could even surpass Wook’s cooking!!” Donghae exclaimed like a child.

“…” Eunhyuk stood there as Donghae skipped of into his room. He shook his head as he continued to drink his strawberry milk.