Chapter Nine

The Tones of His Voice

Sooo, this one is short as anyhting a kind of a filler, enjoy <3


 Taehyung thought Yoongi meant going somewhere for ice-cream. But when they stopped at a local convenience store, he smiled wide.

 

“What flavour do you want?” The rapper asked. Taehyung hummed before pointing out a caramel flavoured tub that Yoongi soon picked up, as well as a mint one. They walked back to Yoongi's apartment, quickly setting up on the floor with blankets and two spoons. Taehyung's eyes lit up when Yoongi wrapped them both up in a large blanket, sitting himself right beside the younger.

 

“If someone were to come in they'd just see a blanket heap and two sets of eyes.” Taehyung laughed, the rapper agreeing, the idea of Namjoon bursting into his apartment before shrieking filling his head. They ate silently, tangled together and sharing ice-cream, each lazily feeding the other.

 

After an hour the tubs and spoons were tossed to the side. Yoongi was sat in between Taehyung's legs while the singer played with his hair, the atmosphere was calm. When Taehyung phone buzzed, he begrudgingly moved around to dig it out from his pocket before his eyes widened.

 

“It's nearly ten, I gotta go home Hyung.” Taehyung whispered as the rapper nodded, both standing up. Yoongi walked to other to his door and watched as he put on his shoes.

 

“Are you gonna be alright?” He asked quietly. Taehyung paused before turning to face him with a smile.

 

“I'll be fine Yoongi-hyung. I... Really enjoyed today.” The singer spoke sincerely and Yoongi's heart fluttered.

 

“Me too.” They hugged goodbye and Taehyung left, Yoongi closing the door with a quiet whisper of I'm so proud of what you did today.

 

 

“You have to tell me everything.” Jimin spoke loudly as Taehyung tried to bury himself further into his bed. His best friend was having none of it, throwing himself on top of the singer. “You can't tell me that you ran into him last night and just not tell me Taehyungie!” The older whined, making Taehyung sigh.

 

“Okay okay... I was out with Yoongi-hyung yesterday.” At this Jimin sat up and watched his best friend mirror the action, motioning for him to go on. “We went out to a cafe for a late breakfast and then for a walk, that's when he turned up.” The singer clenched his hands into his blanket, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

 

“We argued. Yoongi-hyung dragged me away but he followed me and, he called Yoongi a rebound and acted all innocent and I just... Blew up in his face I guess?” Jimin's eyes widened before he smiled, throwing himself at his best friend, wrapping his arms around him and giggling. Taehyung hugged him back, soon joining in the laughter.

 

“So, basically, you kicked his ! God I'm so proud Tae!” Jimin yelled, dragging Taehyung out of the bed. “We're going out! Go shower.”

 

Taehyung did as was told, showering and getting ready for the day. When he left his room thirty minutes later clad in dark blue faded jeans and a black t-shirt, Jungkook threw himself at him.

 

“You go Hyung!” He yelled, Taehyung looking over at Jimin with wide eyes.

 

“I told him to come. Let's go.” Jimin called as they all filed out of Tae's apartment.

 

“Where are we even going?” Taehyung asked, pressing the ground floor button on the elevator, smiling at Jungkook who was attached to his arm.

 

“Bowling, arcade, food, movie, roller blading, your call Taetae, our treat!” The youngest yelled, pointing between himself and Jimin. Taehyung really wondered what he did to deserve such great friends. They ended up at a fast food restaurant, the three of them crowded onto one booth, arms linked as they fed each other, Taehyung gladly surprising the other two when he opened his mouth to take a fry.

 

Taehyung soon untangled himself when his phone buzzed, face lighting up immediately when eh read the text.

 

Yoongi-Hyung~ 11:42:36

Heya kid. How's your day going?

 

The singer sent a reply, fingers flying over the keyboard, letting the older know that he was out with Jimin and Jungkook.

 

“Your smile is real today Tae.” Jimin spoke fondly, meeting the youngers eyes. Taehyung blinked before nodding slowly, the realisations settling in.

 

He actually felt happy lately, he felt right, and, to an extent, he felt loved. He could feel his heart opening up to his friends, to his family. And especially to Yoongi. Jungkook nudged his side as his phone buzzed again, cooing at the light blush on his cheeks.

 

Yoongi-Hyung~ 11:46:23

Sounds fun. You free later? Namjoon and Jin are being all gross and coupley, I'm entirely sure they forgot I'm even here.

 

Taehyung laughed, covering his mouth with his hand. That sounded like something they would do. The trio soon left the fast food store in favour of a games arcade, Jimin immediately challenging Jungkook to a shooter game, Taehyung observing from the side with a smile on his face. He spent most of the time switching between watching his two best friends and replying to Yoongi. He never noticed Jungkook and Jimin sharing a sly smile, Jimin hastily pulling out his phone.

 

So he didn't suspect anything when the two said they were gonna go get some coins, innocently leaning against the wall.

 

“Did the kids ditch you?” A voice made Taehyung fly from the wall, hand clutched over his heart. Yoongi laughed out an apology and Taehyung immediately swung out his hand to swat the older's arm.

 

“Don't scare me like that Hyung I nearly died!” He whined, smiling when Yoongi just laughed harder. His phone buzzed in his slightly shakey hand and he looked down at it.

 

Kookie~ 13:55:35

We're really sorry Hyung!~ I ran out of money and Jimin's gotta go to a sudden (like really sudden like wow even I didn't know) dance practice. I hope you'll be okay!

 

Taehyung blinked at his phone a few times, realisation setting in slowly as he glanced back up to Yoongi who was tapping out an unheard rhythm on his leg.

 

“Did... Did Jimin or Jungkook tell you to come here...?” The singer spoke carefully, watching Yoongi meet his eyes and nod slowly. He handed his phone over and the rapper read the text with a blank expression before sighing.

 

“I'm going to kill them I swear.” He mumbled, putting Taehyung's phone back in his palm and running his hand through his hair. The singer just laughed, grabbing Yoongi's hand.

 

“Oh well, we're here now, let's make the most of it? Namjoon told me your good at basketball.” Taehyung challenged, leading the older to the score shooting games. Yoongi smirked.

 

“Well, he was right. Get ready to have your kicked Kid.”