Chapter Six

The Tones of His Voice

Taehyung woke up warm and a tiny bit uncomfortable, a small crick in his neck. He moved to sit up, pausing in his tired state as he registered the arm around him and the warm chest he was using as a pillow. He blinked a few times before peeking up and seeing Yoongi, still sleeping peacefully underneath him. The singer tried to move once more before realising that the older had an iron grip, deciding it was better to stay still rather than struggle and wake him up. He closed his eyes and let his thoughts travel.

 

There was a voice in the back of his head, telling him this wasn't right, telling him to panic, to scream and cry. But, he didn't feel the need to do that. He felt comfortable, content, happy and safe. Something about Yoongi made Taehyung feel safe, made him feel like he could piece together his life. Something about Yoongi gave Taehyung strength. Yoongi's presence itself made Taehyung feel alive, like he was worth something, made him feel happy.

 

Taehyung shook his head gently, cheeks flushing a light shade of pink. He was acting like a high-schooler with their first crush. The singer sighed, carefully pulling his phone out of his pocket, opening up his conversations.

 

Jinnie-Hyung 8:45:24

Hey Taetae, only just saw your message, I'm free this evening if you want to come round? I'm so excited that you want to learn how to cook!!!

 

Taehyung smiled. He knew that it would make Jin happy that he was showing an interest in food in some way. And he was sick of not being able to eat. It's not that he didn't want too, it annoyed him to the point he felt angry that he couldn't. While he was replying to Jimin, who was asking for blackmail material on Hoseok, he felt Yoongi shift. Turning his head slightly, he smiled warmly at the older, who was blinking frantically, face scrunched up. The brunette was about to say something to him when Yoongi groaned, closing his eyes tight and waving his free hand, mumbling that he wanted five more minutes. Taehyung couldn't help but laugh.

 

“Yoongi-hhyyuuunnngg, I need to pee though...” He whined, a teasing smile at his lips. Yoongi opened one eye to look at him and made a small sound of annoyance in the back of his throat.

 

“Go piss then.” His voice was rough from sleep and Taehyung paused, wondering why that sounded so nice to him. The singer poked at the arm around his waist.

 

“I can't, you're holding me down...” He mumbled, Yoongi stiffening a little behind him before flexing said arm.

 

“Oh... So I am...” The blonde murmured, slowly moving his arm from the younger. Taehyung giggled and got up, making his way to his bathroom as Yoongi started to wake up.

 

The rapper watched the younger turn the corner, his eyes widening slowly as his brain began to wake up. He fell asleep holding the younger,even trapped him when he woke up. He felt terrible.

 

“..” Yoongi ran his hand through his hair. He wanted to be a safe place for the younger, he wanted to be someone he could come to and trust and he probably ruined that just now. He was broken out of his thoughts by the younger coming back into the room, his fringe slightly damp, indicating he'd watched his face.

 

“Morning Yoongi-hyung.” He spoke cheerfully, and Yoongi's heart swelled in guilt. He stood up from the sofa, stretching his back, avoiding the singers gaze. Taehyung made his way to the kitchen. “Do you want something to drink? I have water, juice, tea or coffee?”

 

“I um... I'm sorry Taehyung.” Yoongi spoke, watching as the younger poked his head out of the kitchen, eyebrows drawn together.

 

“For what Hyung?” The brunette blinked. Yoongi took a deep breath before meeting his gaze, hands gripping the bottom of his shirt.

 

“Just... I should've thought about how you'd feel. God that must've been weird, waking up with me holding you down. I'm sorry if I scared you or ma-” He was broken off as Taehyung strode across the room, pulling the shorter into a hug, shaking his head frantically.

 

“I wasn't scared Hyung. There was a part of my brain telling me to be scared, to freak out or scream but, it never happened.” Taehyung spoke carefully, letting out a breath as the older relaxed slightly in his hold, returning the embrace. There was silence between them for a while.

 

“Coffee would be great, Tae.”

 

 

Taehyung knocked on the door in front of him, rocking on his feet as he waited. He'd spent the morning with Yoongi, just lounging around his apartment until Yoongi announced he needed to leave and get ready for work. They had said their goodbye's at the door, smiling as they each waved.

 

The singer then spent his afternoon sat on his bed, pillow in his lap as he scribbled lyrics into a notebook, pulling out his keyboard to play around with rhythms.

 

The door opened and Taehyung was met with Jin smiling widely at him.

 

“Taetae! Hi.” He spoke as they hugged, Taehyung quickly removing his shoes and jacket before heading into the apartment.

 

“Hi Hyung. Is Joonie-hyung here?” He asked cautiously. It's not that he didn't want Namjoon to know, he didn't mind if the older knew but, he wasn't ready for anyone other than Jin to see it physically. Jin shook his head, leading the younger into the kitchen.

 

“Nah, he went out about twenty minutes ago, he wanted inspiration.” Jin spoke fondly and Taehyung nodded before his eyes fell on the side set up with ingredients. The brunette blinked a few times before nodding, Jin placing an apron over his head and tying it up. “We're gonna start simple. I'm going to show you how to make a stir fry.” The older finished tying up his own apron and Taehyung nodded, a small smile spreading over his mouth.

 

“Ah, Jinnie-hyung...” Taehyung spoke, lips in a pout. They'd been prepping all the ingredients for a while, Jin showing the younger how to cut things up properly. The older made a humming sound as he continued to cut up the spring onions. Taehyung turned to him. “I cut myself..” He spoke almost blankly, watching the blood ooze from the cut. Jin's head whipped round, his hand suddenly encasing the youngers and holding it under the tap.

 

“Are you okay? Does it hurt?” He asked frantically, eyes glistening with worry. Taehyung shook his head, letting the older know it just stung a little. Once the taller was sure that it was clean enough, he placed a plaster on the cut before kissing the area gently. Taehyung giggled. Jin always kissed his injuries and whispered for them to get better.

 

“Thanks hyung.” The singer smiled, Jin telling him to not cut up anything for the time being, Taehyung agreed.

 

When the food was ready, Taehyung made three servings, one smaller than the other two. Jin smiled proudly.

 

“It looks great Taetae.” He threw an arm around the youngers shoulder and Taehyung smiled up at him in thanks. Jin soon began to eat his portion as Taehyung moved his fork around his plate, eventually closing his eyes and shoving a forkful into his mouth. He swallowed it carefully, opening his eyes to see Jin watching him, face alight with admiration.

 

The singer had a few more mouthfuls before declaring he was full and thanking Jin for helping him. He hugged the older goodbye before heading back to his apartment, hands deep in his pockets and headphones in his ears. He stopped at a bench half way home, taking in his surroundings. Taehyung felt a dull ache in his heart as he looked to the small tree to his right.

 

 

 “What the was that stupid kid doing here anyway?” Taehyung recoiled from the older yelling at him, face scrunching up as he felt spit land on his cheek. He shrugged weakly.

 

“He just.. He just came by to ask if I was free.. I told him no...” Taehyung spoke quietly, a yelp leaving his lips as he hit the wall behind him. His boyfriend moved closer, hand gripping his hip painfully.

 

“I thought you told them not to bother with you anymore.” He spoke low and quiet, making Taehyung's eyes well up with tears, frame shaking from fear. The singer shook his head, hand coming up to try and pry the others off of him. The taller just laughed, pushing him against the wall before letting him fall. “I can't believe you Tae. I'm trying to do what's best for us here and you're not even accepting it. Do you even care about us anymore, Taehyungie?” He asked as Taehyung looked up at him. If the singer was honest, he felt like he was going to be sick, he felt disgusted and broken and terrified.

 

“I...It's not that, you know it's not that just....” He took a deep breath, pulling himself into a standing position. “Why can't I see Jiminie or Kookie?” Taehyung didn't even get a chance to look his boyfriend in the eyes, a fist colliding with his cheek before he met the floor for the second time that evening.

 

“Why do you want to see them so bad? They don't give a about you, they probably keep you around so they look better.” Taehyung felt his tears stream freely, hand coming to hold his cheek as he heard the bedroom door slam. He was shocked. He knew that his boyfriend could get loud, could get aggressive but he'd never, ever hit him before. Adrenaline pumping through his veins, he ran from the apartment, not caring about the rain outside, not caring about the fact he was running bare foot down the road. He ran until he tripped, yelping as he hit the floor.

 

The brunette pulled himself up onto the bench beside him and curled up, letting his sobs wrack his body.

 

Taehyung pushed his hands into his eyes, standing up on shakey legs and letting his feet carry him wherever. His heart hurt and he felt dizzy.

 

“You're a ing idiot Kim Taehyung.” He mumbled to himself.

 

It was about three hours later that the brunette made his way home, falling to his knees as he barely managed to shut the door. His heart had slowed down a little, but he was still encased in a cold sweat, his stomach threatening to spill any second. With shakey hands, he reached for his phone, thumb hovering over Jimin's contact information. Taehyung stared at the name for what felt like forever before scrolling and clicking a different contact.

 

“Yoongi-hyung...” The singer whimpered down the phone.