Chapter Four

The Tones of His Voice

“Jimin it's 9:45 am you better have a good reason for trying to break my door.” Yoongi yawned out, stretching his arms above his hand. Jimin just bounced on the balls of his feet, filled to the brim with energy.

“I do Hyung. My reason, is that me, Jungkook and Tae were all gonna go out today, but Tae extended the invite to three of his friends, so I'm extending the invite to you.” The black haired dancer spoke ,extending his arms to Yoongi to emphasize his point, the older staring at him. Jimin eventually dropped his arms to his side, mumbling out 'If you want too that is...'

“When?” Yoongi spoke bluntly, watching as Jimin grinned.

“Well, we have to be at the train station at 11 so, leave in about twenty minutes?” He spoke, Yoongi cursing at the younger before stepping back into his apartment to get ready. He was glad that he'd showered before bed as he washed his face and brushed his teeth. He threw on a denim button up and a pair of black jeans before heading back out. Jimin had already helped himself to the juice in his fridge. The older shook his head before pulling on a pair of white trainers and a black beanie, making his way too the door. When him and Jimin stepped onto the lift, Yoongi turned to look at him.

“What exactly are we doing?”

 

 

Taehyung stared at Jin and Namjoon as they walked hand in hand in front of him. It was cute really. They were perfect together and Taehyung always found comfort in their relationship, as weird as that sounded.

“Are you jealous Taetae?” A voice broke through his thoughts as an arm wrapped round his shoulder. The brunette turned to the side, smiling at Hoseok.

“Christ Hyung no, just.. admiring?” He laughed out, turning the corner and sprinting away from the older when he caught sight of Jungkook. Namjoon laughed as the singer threw himself at the youngest, causing him to topple over. Jin jogged over to help them up, amused smile playing on his lips.

“Taehyungie.” Jungkook whined. “Why can't you just announce your presence like a normal person?” Taehyung grinned at him, jumping onto his feet and letting Jin help the younger up.

“Because he's like a puppy.” Hoseok spoke, suddenly behind Taehyung. The brunette smiled and stood back, waving a hand between the two.

“Hoseokie-hyung, this is Jungkookie. Kookie, this is Hoseokie-hyung.” He bowed as the other two shook hands, exchanging greetings. Taehyung barely got to stand up before he was face first on the floor, Jimin nuzzling into his back.

“Taetaeee!!” The dancer squealed, the two laughing as they stood up. Taehyung gave Jimin a long hug, introducing him to Hoseok as well before noticing Yoongi. He stepped over to the shorter, waving gently.

“Hey Yoongi hyung...” He offered, Yoongi nodding in return. Jin soon rounded everybody up, introductions were made and they all bought their tickets. When they boarded their train, Jimin sat next to Jungkook, fighting over the window seat, Jin sat with Namjoon, both talking about a book one of them was reading, Hoseok sat in a single chair and Yoongi and Taehyung sat together, almost silently. When the train departed, Yoongi turned to the younger.

“Jimin never explained what we're doing?” Taehyung laughed.

“Well, we're gonna stop and get some food first, then we're heading to the zoo and if there's time, a quick trip around the amusement park.” Taehyung explained, counting off their plans on his fingers. Yoongi hummed in acknowledgement.

“And, who is Hoseok then?” Yoongi asked, attempting to make conversation. Taehyung smiled.

“He's a choreographer, he lives on the floor above me actually. I met him during... that time. And he was always so nice and supportive, he kept coming back even when I told him to stop and eventually, he just became a part of my life.” Yoongi smiled. He was glad he wasn't the only one who felt an urge to help out the younger. Taehyung soon leant over the chairs, eyes watching Jimin and Jungkook's phones, before plopping back down with a sigh, mumbling about how boring they were.

“Hey, Yoongi-hyung, do you have any of your own songs on your phone?” He asked, Yoongi jumping at the sudden question. He eyed Taehyung before nodding slowly.

He usually didn't show other people his music but, Taehyung had already shared a private part of himself, he should return it right? He pulled his phone out of his pocket, plugging in his headphones, handing one to Taehyung, thumb hovering over the play button.

“Just... before you listen to them. I don't... Usually show these ones to people so...” His voice trailed off, Taehyung nodding understandingly. The rapper took a deep breath and pressed play, listening to his own voice flood his hearing, hoping that Taehyung liked it. He chanced a look at the younger half way through the second song, pleased with the sight. Taehyung had his eyes gently closed, corners of his mouth turned up into a gentle smile, hands gently drumming out rhythms he'd picked up. They spent the rest of the journey like that, Taehyung eventually linking his pinky finger with Yoongi's, the older found it adorable.

When they exited the train, they all gathered together to find somewhere to eat. Namjoon was the first to find a small cafe down the road.

 

“Hoseokie-hyung, can you please tell Jungkook that strawberry milkshakes are better than chocolate ones?” Jimin whined. The older laughed as Jungkook shook his head.

“I'd love too but, I prefer vanilla.” Hoseok spoke, watching as both the boys faces fell, the three of them quickly entering an argument. Namjoon rolled his eyes.

“I should've guessed that they'd get along.” He spoke, the other three agreeing.

They entered the cafe and found a booth big enough for all of them, everyone but Taehyung eyeing a menu. Jin tried to tempt the younger but he shook his head, politely telling them he'd already eaten that morning. Everyone knew he was lying, but they all decided not to push it.

When their food came, everyone fell pretty silent, apart from the occasional compliment to their dish of choice. Taehyung sipped his smoothie slowly, chewing on the straw. Yoongi watched him before leaning over, fork in hand, a small chunk of pancake on the end. Taehyung blinked at the food, then at Yoongi.

“Atleast just try it kid.” Yoongi spoke gently, catching everyone's attention as they looked up. Taehyung didn't notice though, chewing on the inside of his mouth while Yoongi waved the fork around. After two minutes, Yoongi sighed, giving up before Taehyung grabbed his wrist and closed his eyes, mouth opening slightly. Yoongi smiled before shoving the food in the youngers mouth. Jin hid his face in Namjoon's shoulder. Jimin and Jungkook were staring wide-eyed while Hoseok watched with a smile.

It felt like forever before Taehyung swallowed and pulled away from the fork. Yoongi carried on eating, shooting a glance at everyone else to tell them to do the same. The singer placed the straw back in his mouth, nodding.

“Tastes good.” He spoke simply. They ate in silence after that, everyone sharing the same thought.

He's getting there.

 

“Yoongi-hyung you can't be tired!” Taehyung whined as they paid for their tickets to the zoo. Yoongi just yawned, nudging the younger.

“Well, I am. Jimin decided to wake me up at stupid o'clock.” Jimin smiled sheepishly at the sound of his own name. They all split up pretty soon, Jimin and Jungkook dragging Hoseok to the insect house, telling the older he'd love it. Jin and Namjoon went to see the aquatic animals. Taehyung just wanted to see everything, grabbing Yoongi's hand before he could say anything and dragging him to the reptile enclosure. Yoongi sighed, accepting his fate.

“Wahh! Hyung hyung! Come look at this.” Taehyung called, face pressed against the glass as he pointed at a snake. Yoongi came up behind him. The singer grinned at him before moving around the room more, sounds of awe leaving his mouth. Yoongi felt his phone buzz.

 

Namjoon 12:34:46

Sorry we left you with him. Just a heads up, he loves animals.

Yoongi snorted, glancing at the younger who was sat cross-legged in front of a bearded-dragon, asking what it's name was. Yoongi crouched down beside him.

“What are you doing?”

“I'm having a conversation. He's so cute Yoongi-hyung! Oh, bye-bye!” He waved, smiling as the lizard made it's way to the back of the cage. Yoongi shook his head as they both stood up, exiting the enclosure after another twenty minutes of Taehyung trying to befriend every animal in there.

Yoongi found he liked the others company an awful lot. He was more real with him. Of course, the singer still had his shields up, still had this air of never-ending energy around him, but there were times he'd be quiet, features soft as he took in the beauty of the nature around them. It was about half way around the zoo that Taehyung took a hold of Yoongi's hand

“We're going tot he butterfly house next. I don't want one of them taking you.” Taehyung mumbled, the rapper laughing and squeezing the singers hand, silently telling him he wasn't going to go anywhere. Taehyung became just gentle smiles and laughs at this point, taking a picture of the older when a butterfly landed on his head.

 

The group all met up by the entrance at four, before heading into the giftshop. Jin and Jungkook got fridge magnets, Hoseok and Jimin got thermal cups, both claiming they needed a new one, Taehyung brought a keychain with a small lion on it, waving it about and announcing he'll never lose his keys while Namjoon brought nothing. Yoongi was the last out of the shop.

“Did you get anything hyung?” Jimin asked. Yoongi shook his head.

“Just dead tired. Can't keep up with you guys.” He answered and everyone turned to leave, Taehyung waiting for Yoongi as he linked their arms, walking slightly behind the rest.

“We can head back now if you are tired Hyung?” He whispered, Yoongi shaking his head, thanking the younger anyway. He wanted to go to the amusement park with the rest of them, with Taehyung. He realised when they were looking at the lions in the zoo, that this was a remedy for Taehyung.

Since his ex had taken him to one before, the experience was probably ruined for Taehyung. Yoongi was pretty sure that Jimin and Jungkook wanted to replace the memories that included the ex and made Taehyung's heart ache with happy ones, full of smiles and jokes and people who loved him. Yoongi wanted to make sure that happened too.

“Hey Taehyung.” Yoongi asked, Taehyung humming beside him. The paler dug his hand into his back pocket, pulling out a small bag. Taehyung accepted it.

“I thought you didn't get anything Hyung?” He asked, hands already opening the small paper bag. When he pulled out a small pin-badge in the shape of a bearded-dragon, his eyes lit up, arms encircling the shorter briefly.

“There. So he can stay your friend forever.” Yoongi spoke, Taehyung laughing and taking a hold of Yoongi's hand, thanking him.

Jin turned around to ask the other two if they wanted to get ice-cream before pausing, turning to Namjoon instead.

“I think Yoongi's good for him...” He spoke softly, causing everyone else to turn around and smile. Namjoon nodded as Jimin and Hoseok laughed lightly.

“I'll say..” Jungkook spoke, a small smile gracing his lips. Their Taehyungie was on the path to recovery.