Chapter Twelve

The Tones of His Voice

So, we're at the end of this fic. I really hope you enjoyed it, and I'm sorry if the ending is a little bit messy, I'm not too great at ending fics and I didn't want to drag this one out soooo

But thank you so much for your comments and everything through-out, I love you~ (Also the rap at the end was written by me lmao, kinda rushed do)

 


 “You're going to what?” Hoseok asked, mouth agape, dropping the spoon in his hand. Taehyung just grinned at him.

 

“I'm gonna re-enroll in college.” The singer giggled, reaching across the table to pick up the spoon. Hoseok stared for a few seconds, eyes wide and Taehyung thought he'd broken the older. “I m-mean...I really did w-want to do th-” He was cut off by Hoseok's arms wrapping around him in a bone-crushing hug and Taehyung felt his heart swell with warmth.

 

“That's brilliant Taetae, absolutely wonderful!” Hoseok pulled away and clapped, sitting back down for all of three seconds before he had the younger in his embrace again, ruffling his hair. Taehyung whined and laughed, struggling in the olders grip.

 

“Hoseok-hyung can you try not to kill my Taehyungie please?” Jimin spoke, sliding into the seat next to Taehyung. Hoseok laughed and pulled back, smiling at Jungkook as he sat down next to him.

 

“Why is he trying to kill you Hyung?” Jungkook asked and Taehyung snorted at the horrified look on Hoseok's face.

 

“I'm gonna re-enroll in college.” Taehyung spoke happily, yelping as Jimin pulled him into a headlock.

 

“I'm happy to hear that Taehyungie!” Jimin yelled, releasing his friend and smiling warmly at him. Taehyung returned it before turning to Jungkook who was smiling too, giving him the thumbs up.

 

“I was going to make you pay for breakfast but, since you just announced that I guess I will.” Jungkook said causing the other three to laugh as him and Jimin picked up a menu each. Taehyung grinned and went back to his coffee, leaning over to eye up Jimin's menu.

 

“If you're paying I'm getting the waffles.” He said proudly, blushing lightly when they all froze before smiling. Jungkook pulled his phone out his pocket, placing it upright on the table.

 

“Could you say that again please, so Joonie-hyung and Jin-hyung believe me when I tell them?” He spoke bluntly and Taehyung just laughed, repeating himself into the mic on the youngers phone.

 

It had been two weeks since Taehyung and Yoongi started dating and everyone could see a difference in the younger already. He was starting to get his natural skin tone back, the bags under his eyes decreasing by the day, his appetite was returning slowly but surely, as was his motivation. He'd already done three gigs and was scheduled for two more. Jimin had started crying when Taehyung asked if he could practice at his and get his opinion, Namjoon and Jin nearly fell over when Taehyung asked if he could stay for dinner, Jungkook had rooted himself to the spot and stared in amazement when Taehyung fell asleep beside him and Hoseok had spent ten minutes garbling nonsense when the singer asked if he could work part-time in his music shop.

 

“He really is a gift sent from heaven.” Jin murmured absent mindedly, eyes drawn to Yoongi pushing Taehyung on a swing set, Taehyung giggling loudly and Yoongi smiling adoringly. Namjoon glanced up from his notebook and nodded, taking ahold of the olders hand.

 

“Yeah, he is.” He mumbled, jumping slightly when the sound of Taehyung screeching reached his ears.

 

“Yoongi-hyung don't do that!” He yelled, hand clutched over his heart as Yoongi held the chains of the swing tight, laughing into his arm at the younger.

 

“You said you wanted to stop, so I stopped the swing.” The rapper shrugged, expertly avoiding the elbow thrown back at him. Taehyung stood up and turned to face him, pout slowly forming into a smirk. Yoongi backed up slowly, eyebrows drawn together.

 

“Taehyung.” He warned, eyes widening slightly as the younger leapt over the swing. Yoongi stumbled backwards as Taehyung gained on him, mumbling out apologies while Taehyung just stalked forwards, arms outstretched.

 

“Nuh-uh.” The singer spoke, voice teasing before he launched himself at the older, effectively flooring them both. Yoongi yelped, trying his hardest to get the younger off of him but ended up laughing too much as Taehyung yelled nonsense and giggled, grappling with the shorter on the grass. When they finally stopped, Taehyung flopped down beside the older, linking their hands together.

 

“That was fun.” The taller spoke cheerfully, chest heaving slightly and hair dishevelled. Yoongi manoeuvred himself so he was laying on his side, head propped up by his elbow, pressing light kisses to Taehyung's hands.

 

“Sure. Fun.” He spoke bluntly, eyes shimmering with affection as Taehyung laughed. They stayed like that for a while, admiring the other before they decided to get up, Jin scolding them both for ruining their clothes.

 

The first thing Yoongi saw when he entered the underground venue was the smirk plastered on Namjoon's face, it made him want to turn around and leave right then and there.

 

“Yoongi-hyung come over here!” Namjoon waved him over and Yoongi cursed under his breath but shuffled over anyway, pulling his hood off of his head. When he got closer, he flopped down on a chair and gaze Namjoon an expectant stare.

 

“What? I just wanted to say hi.” The younger mumbled, mouth set into a pout and Yoongi snorted, the look definitely did not suit the other.

 

“Sure you did.” He waved his hand, eyes flicking to the current rapper on stage before settling back on Namjoon.

 

“Okay not entirely just.... Don't kill me but, Tae's here again.” Namjoon spoke quietly and Yoongi's eyes widened a fraction.

 

Having Taehyung there when they were barely acquaintances was fine, but the thought of having Taehyung here, as his boyfriend, made him incredibly nervous and he didn't know why. He wasn't ashamed of his rapping nor did he think he was bad at it, but something about knowing that Taehyung would be watching him with those brown eyes, endless with affection, made his stomach fill with butterflies.

 

“Yoongi-Hyung!” A yell dragged him from his thoughts as a pair of long arms were wrapped around his shoulders, a warm chest pressed against his back. Namjoon would tell you he blushed if you asked what happened.

 

“Hey kid.” Yoongi spoke, poking at Taehyung's inner arm. “You been cutting up your shirts again?” He turned to look up at the tanned boy who just smiled sheepishly.

 

“Yes I have, it helps ventilation, which is incredibly useful in this place. It's so warm Hyung I'm gonna die!” He whined and Yoongi just rolled his eyes, patting the youngers arms. Taehyung soon removed himself and sat down, hands cradling his glass as Namjoon moved off to talk about his set with the sound tech, and Yoongi eyes drifted to the glass, eyebrows raising in question.

 

“It's vodka and lemonade.” Taehyung supplies, moving to the seat next to Yoongi and holding the straw to the olders mouth. The rapper thinks about it for a second before taking a sip and nodding happily, letting the double shot burn his throat lightly. Taehyung slid the straw between his lips again, chewing at it in between sips and Yoongi couldn't seem to tear his eyes away.

 

“Yoongi, it's your turn!” He vaguely hears Namjoon shout. Taehyung repeats the words with a smile and Yoongi sees them more than hears them, his head clouded with how much he wants to kiss the younger. Shaking his head, he stands with a smile.

 

“Good luck Hyung!” Taehyung calls out behind him and Yoongi's mouth pulls up at the corners. As he steps foot onto the stage, bowing in thanks at the assistant who handed him the mic, he watches Namjoon settle next to Taehyung. The younger smiles at Namjoon before turning to Yoongi, his face soft and happy, eyes glowing with anticipation and Yoongi takes a deep breath.

 

You wouldn't have known when we met

I didn't either

What we were setting ourselves up for, a journey that was bound to intertwine

Our eyes met once and I felt my heart tug

I never realised I needed to find you.

 

He looked in Taehyung's direction to find the younger watching him with wide eyes and he smirked.

 

You tried to keep strong

But it was only a matter of time before I saw it

The cracks and broken shards

The scars littering your heart.

I decided it didn't suit you

So I made it my mission to fix you.

 

He caught Namjoon holding the singers hand tight and he couldn't help but smile at the sight. Taehyung looked happily overwhelmed.

 

We spent more time together

Your smile became my light

Your laugh my drug

Your eyes my prison, not that I was complaining

I plan on staying locked up here my entire life.

 

Yoongi heaved a breath as he watched Taehyung rub his eyes with his sleeves, the chair he was sat on falling over at the speed he stood up. The crowd didn't matter anymore as Yoongi threw the mic at the assistant, hastily making his way off the stage to meet Taehyung in the middle. They crashed into each other, holding each other up with a a comforting strength. Yoongi quickly dragged the younger outside, both appreciating the cold air as they walked hand in hand back to Yoongi's apartment. They were silent, Taehyung still touched by Yoongi's rap and Yoongi suddenly feeling self-conscious, praying to every god that he had done a good enough job conveying even an ounce of his care for the younger.

 

“Yoongi-hyung...” Taehyung spoke after a while. Yoongi squeezed his hand, a motion to tell him to carry on. Taehyung sniffled. “I.. I don't actually know what to say. For once you've shut me up, stopped my brain from doing the words thing... But....I'm so happy, Yoongi-hyung.” Taehyung mumbled, frantically rubbing his free arm over his eyes. Yoongi stopped and turned to face the singer, gently wiping the tears off his face with a light smile, their eyes conveying words they couldn't say, but they understood each other perfectly.

 

If you were to ask Taehyung what he thought his life would be that night he performed for the first time in months, he would've forced a laugh and shrugged, made a joke about some crazy profession and expertly dodged the question entirely. But he realised now, that part of him was practically gone, he was 99% himself again, he was sure. And he couldn't believe his luck.

 

“I... I think I love you, Yoongi-hyung.” Taehyung mumbled and Yoongi blinked in surprise before pulling the younger into a soft kiss, lips lazily pressing together before pulling away only enough to talk.

 

“I think I love you too Taehyung.”