Chapter Eleven

The Tones of His Voice

Yoongi froze in his spot, feet rooted to the floor, as time seemed to slow down. Taehyung looked up at him from under his eyelashes gently, fear running through his eyes so brightly that Yoongi felt his stomach turn.

 

It felt like forever that Yoongi watched Taehyung, and as the seconds ticked by, Taehyung felt himself panic more. Had he mis-read everything? He really was stupid huh, how could someone like Yoongi want to date him, what kind of thought was that?

 

“Sorry.” Was all that left his mouth before the singer was running the other direction, throat tight and eyes stinging from tears, heart hollow from pain.

 

Yoongi regained control of his limbs as he watched Taehyung's retreating back, his feet picking up a fast pace as he chased the other. When he got close enough, he threw himself at the youngers back, effectively throwing them both down to the ground. Taehyung whined and whimpered, murmuring small protests as Yoongi nuzzled into his back, not caring about the looks they were getting.

 

“Tae... Tae, don't run away from me again okay. I wasn't... I wasn't taking my time because I was disgusted or freaked out or angry... I was just.... Shocked...” He murmured, pulling himself and Taehyung up to their feet. Taehyung hid his face in his hood, hands clutching the material tightly as he waited for Yoongi to finish. The rapper took a deep breath, gently taking a hold of one of the singers hands.

 

“Yeah, I'll go out with you, Taehyung.”

 

 

“JIMINIE!” Taehyung yelled, slamming his best friends door open and barrelling into said apartment, messily removing his shoes and coat before colliding with Jimin.

 

“Taehyungie what the actual hell is going on?” Jimin asked, stepping back from his best friend with wide eyes. Taehyung bounced about, eyes wide and smile bright enough to light the whole building. Jungkook poked his head round the doorframe.

“Well, first off I hate both of you, setting me and Yoongi up like that,” He scolded lightly, jabbing a finger at the both of them. “Secondly, I love both of you, for setting me and Yoongi up like that.” He grinned, Jungkook raising an eyebrow and stepping out fully, Jimin holding a hand to his best friends forehead.

 

“You urh... You going to elaborate on that?” He asked carefully, mouth already pulling up at the corners. Jungkook giggled.

 

“You're dating aren't you?” He asked quietly, Taehyung nodding enthusiastically before clapping his hands together frantically and spinning about once. Jimin pulled his best friend into a tight hug, burying his face into his shoulder, both laughing when Jungkook crushed himself into it. They all laughed happily, finally pulling away to sit down.

 

 

“Hey, Joon-ah, I've got a question for you.” Yoongi asked carefully once he'd settled himself on one of the kitchen stools. Namjoon turned to face him and quirked an eyebrow. “So, like... How would you feel about me dating Tae?” The rapper asked quietly, jumping at the sound of Jin slamming his book shut in the living room. Namjoon eyed him thoughtfully, humming deeply, Jin soon entering and surprising Yoongi with a hug. Namjoon just laughed.

 

“I feel fine about that, Yoongi-hyung. So does Jin.” He gestured before turning back to the drinks. Jin pulled back and smiled happily.

 

“I definitely think it's brilliant, you're so good for him.” The older nodded to himself, skipping back to read his book. Yoongi felt his phone buzz.

 

TaeTae~ <3 17:54:17

Jiminie and Kookie are so happy!~ It's great, how did Joonie and Jin take it?

 

The rapper felt his mouth pull into a smile as he typed out his reply.

 

 

“Okay so, did you know that if you cut a worm directly in half, it will live as two worms instead of dying?” Taehyung whispered, eyes trained on the floor as he watched the insect attempt to bury itself back into the ground. Yoongi just blinked at him.

 

“We're not trying it Tae.” He spoke bluntly, watching as Taehyung stood up and turned around with a pout.

 

“Why not? How cool would it be to be the creator of a worm life?” The singer spoke happily as Yoongi just shook his head in disbelief.

 

“We'd probably end up killing it, it's got to be super precise otherwise you just end up being a worm murderer.” The rapper shrugged, laughing at the way Taehyung's eyes widened.

 

“Okay, we won't try, I don't' want to kill him.” He mumbled sadly, taking a hold of Yoongi's hand.

 

They'd decided to go for a walk along the riverbank, both needing some inspiration and an excuse to spend time with the other. Taehyung was skipping with a smile on his face while Yoongi just walked behind him, content.

 

When they stopped at a bench, Taehyung wriggled his way under the olders arm, happily snuggling into his side.

 

“Yoongi-hyung,” The singer spoke quietly, Yoongi humming. “You saw my lyrics didn't you?” Taehyung giggled at the way Yoongi stiffened, leaning up a little bit to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. “There were teardrops on it.” He shrugged.

 

“Sorry...” Yoongi spoke quietly, honestly feeling terrible for breaching the youngers privacy. Taehyung shook his head, pulling the piece of paper out of his pocket and sitting up, facing Yoongi.

 

“It's okay.” He beamed, unfolding it and opening his mouth. Yoongi felt his heart skip a beat as Taehyung's voice flooded his ears.

 

The shadow of my past haunts me,

Leaves me scared, alone.

But you came into my life and I feel more alive,

There's vibrance to the colours I see when you're around. 

 

There was a new level of emotion in Taehyungs voice as he sang each word, the melody so soothing and fitting.

 

You'd never know,

But I've trusted you with my glass heart,

I placed it in your hands as you held mine,

I'll follow you down this path.

 

People tell me things need time to develop,

But ever since our eyes met I've known you would mean so much to me,

Our time has been short yet I believe you when you tell me 'It will be alright.'

You make me feel safe.

 

You'd never know,

But I've trusted you with my glass heart,

I placed it in your hands as you held mine,

I'll follow you down this path.

 

Taehyung had closed his eyes by this point, paper lying forgotten in his hand as he poured his feelings into his voice.

 

I'm not sure I know what love is anymore but,

If I had to guess, it would be how you make me feel.

It would be the warmth that fills my heart when you smile at me,

The relief I feel when I hear your voice,

The safety I feel when you hold me,

The spark that runs through my body at a simple touch.

 

You'd never know,

But I've trusted you with my glass heart,

I placed it in your hands as you held mine,

I'll follow you down this path.

 

Yoongi rubbed his eyes frantically, cleaning up his tears. Taehyung took a deep breath before opening his eyes, smiling gently at the sight of Yoongi's glassy eyes and slightly red cheeks, pulling him into a hug.

“What do you think Hyung?” He asked softly, playing with the olders hair.

“It's... It's wonderful, Tae. I love it.” Yoongi mumbled, heart swelling with happiness.

Nobody had ever written him a song before, nobody had ever given him something so emotional, so deep, he'd never been the muse for that kind of power before. It was overwhelming and beautiful and he wondered exactly what he had done to be blessed with Kim Taehyung.