Chapter Five

The Tones of His Voice

 “Hey, Jinnie-hyung?” Taehyung asked once he'd reached the older's side. Jin turned to look at him and smiled, nodding for the younger to continue. Taehyung hugged him, burying his face in his shoulder. He took a deep breath.

They'd been walking around the amusement park, Jimin and Jungkook running off to every game that involved plastic guns or bows, each coming back with a new prize everytime. They'd all stopped at a small food court to find something to eat and Taehyung had watched everyone, hands cradling his juice bottle.

“Jinnie-hyung could you... Teach me how to cook...?” Taehyung mumbled into the taller's shirt. Jin gasped in surprise, quickly wrapping his arms around the younger, lifting him off the ground. The singer let out a yelp, directing everyone's attention to them.

“Of course I can Taetae!” Jin yelled, spinning him around once before placing him down, pulling away and smiling at him before bounding over to Namjoon who was busy trying to hit targets with a watergun. Jimin appeared beside Taehyung.

“What was that all about?” He asked, Yoongi stepping over too. Taehyung eyed them both before shrugging.

“I just asked him to tell Namjoon something...” He mumbled, quickly running over to a random queue. Yoongi and Jimin shared a look before laughing and going after the singer, Jungkook joining in. Taehyung grinned at them all when they arrived.

“Guys we should get Hoseok, look at the height of this thing!” He yelled, mischievous glint present in his eyes as he searched for the older. Once he saw him, him and Jungkook ran over to him.

“Hyyuunggg!” They both yelled, Hoseok turning around with an eyebrows raised.

“Why do I feel like my life is going to end?” He asked carefully, not trusting the wide grins on their faces.

 

“I hate every single one of you...” Hoseok groaned, hand pressed firmly to his mouth. Yoongi pat his shoulder as Jimin and Jungkook laughed. Taehyung jogged back over with water, sheepish smile on his face.

“Jinnie-hyung scolded me..” He giggled, handing over the bottle. Hoseok snatched it from him, mumbling out a 'good' before Jungkook and Jimin dragged him over to something else. Taehyung turned to Yoongi and smiled.

“Anything you wanna go on Hyung?” Taehyung asked and Yoongi looked over at him.

“Hmmm...” The rapper glanced around, eyes shimmering at the sight of the Drop Tower, grabbing the youngers hand and dragging him over without a word. Taehyung realised where they were going and his eyes widened, turning back to look at Jin and Namjoon who just laughed at his expression. When they reached the line, Taehyung tightened his grip on Yoongi's hand.

“Are you scared kid?” Yoongi teased, a smirk playing on his lips. Taehyung shook his head.

“No way Yoongi-hyung! Why would I be scared of a Drop Tower, pfft.” Taehyung mumbled as they approached the ride. Once they were in the seats with the safety bars around them Taehyung turned to Yoongi with wide eyes. As they began to move up, Yoongi looked over to the boy and sighed, holding his gaze.

 

“Oh my god guys, look.” Namjoon spoke once everyone had gathered together, pointing at the other two, Jin laughed, taking his phone out of his pocket to record.

“They look like a couple.” Jimin cooed as he watched the ride reach the top.

“Yoongi-hyung...” Taehyung whimpered, glancing down and immediately tensing. Yoongi laughed.

“We'll do this like before yeah, look at me.” He spoke gently. Taehyung barely managed to keep his eyes on the other as the ride dropped, a shrill yell leaving his mouth as Yoongi laughed in surprise. Taehyung wanted to close his eyes but he found them stuck to Yoongi's face, the other looking so happy and carefree as they plummeted down. When the ride slowed and the staff came along to help them out of the seats, Taehyung took off running to Namjoon.

“God that was terrifying!” He yelled, smushing his face into the older, hiding the smile that had crept onto his face. Everyone laughed.

 

The train journey home was quiet, everyone either asleep or listening to music. Taehyung had his headphones in, miming to the lyrics when Yoongi's head fell on his shoulder. He glanced down, smiling gently before looking back out the window.

When they got off the train, they all said goodbye, each leaving in groups. Jin and Namjoon went together, Hoseok leaving with Jimin and Jungkook, since the two had challenged him to a video game tournament. Yoongi walked with Taehyung.

“Hyung, you know you don't have to walk me home right?” The singer spoke, gently kicking a stone across the path. Yoongi nodded.

“Well yeah, but, I want too.” He said simply. They stayed silent after that, Taehyung texting Jin to find out when he was next free. They reached Taehyung's apartment block too fast, both standing silently in the lift. When they reached the singers door, he turned to the older, hands fidgeting with his sleeves.

“Did you maybe wanna come in?” Taehyung asked nervously, staring at the rappers shoes. Yoongi hummed.

“Sure, it's only 6:30 anyway.” He smiled. Taehyung nodding and turning around to unlock the door, closing it behind them and removing his shoes. Yoongi glanced around the small apartment, smiling at the sight. There was a coat wrack overflowing with jackets and jumpers, a small table with pictures of Taehyung and everyone and what Yoongi assumed was his family as well as a thin glass vase with a purple flower in it.

Taehyung moved to living room to sit down, Yoongi sitting on the small sofa beside him. The younger laughed nervously.

“I don't really have much to do here, but, I have a lot of films?” Yoongi nodding, a film sounded good. They spent the next twenty minutes digging through Taehyung's DVD's, Yoongi laughing at some of them present. They settled on an old martial arts film, Taehyung saying they were the most entertaining. They sat silently on the sofa, eyes trained on the screen before Taehyung leant on Yoongi's shoulder, curling up into a ball beside the older. Yoongi just wrapped his arm around him. It was about ten minutes later that Yoongi noticed the other was asleep, his breathing soft and even. He smiled warmly, re-adjusting their position a little bit so the younger was leaning against his chest, hand playing with his hair softly.

Yoongi fell asleep too.