Chapter Ten

The Tones of His Voice

 “I want a re-match!” Taehyung whined for the tenth time and Yoongi just sighed, rolling his shoulders.

 

“No way kid. You really want to lose eleven times?” He asked with a smirk present on his lips, Taehyung just pouting behind his hoodie sleeve. They'd just left the arcade, Yoongi deciding he'd done enough winning for now.

 

“Well, what to do we do now Yoongi?” Taehyung asked quietly, chewing on his hoodie sleeve and Yoongi had to pause because the younger looked adorable. He blinked a few times before shrugging, honestly not sure what else they could in the middle of the afternoon.

 

“Well you .” Taehyung mumbled, eyes glancing the street they were on before settling on a small music shop.

 

“Hey where are you going?” Yoongi asked as the other started running across the street, heart speeding up at the thought of the younger getting hit, feet immediately following the singer. When they both reached the other side safely, Yoongi grabbed Taehyungs arms and shook him roughly.

 

“Don't do that kid! You could've got hit!” He scolded, watching as Taehyung's face morphed into guilt and embarrassment, his fringe falling in front of his eyes a little as he nodded. The rapper just sighed, loosening his grip to smile gently.

 

“Sorry Yoongi-hyung...” Taehyung mumbled and the older pulled him into a brief hug, warning him to never do it again before dragging him into the small shop. Taehyung's mood lit up immediately as he moved to the counter, dinging the bell. Yoongi eyed the curtain fall open and smiled gently as he recognised the person who came through.

 

“Taetae! What're you doing here?” Hoseok asked, face breaking out into his signature smile as he leant over the counter to hug the singer. Taehyung returned the hug eagerly, bouncing on the balls of his feet when he pulled away.

 

“Hi Hyung! Do you have that new collection in yet?” The singer asked loudly, quickly bounding off inn the direction Hoseok pointed out. Yoongi watched him flick through CD's with a smile on his face before he caught the dancer beckoning to him from the corner of his eye. Approaching the counter cautiously, Yoongi watched as Hoseok leant forward, his eyes darkening.

 

“Yoongi-hyung right? You seem like a good guy and like everyone else, I believe you're good for Taetae. However, be careful with him okay?” Yoongi flinched as the dancer moved closer, mouth by his ear. “He's impressionable and naïve, if I find out you're taking advantage of him or messing with him in anyway, I can promise you that we won't be seeing eye to eye.”

 

Yoongi couldn't help but scoff, pulling away harshly, his eyes hard, arms folded. Hoseok watched him carefully before nodding, seemingly satisfied as he smiled again. Yoongi just his heel, heading over to Taehyung who was sat cross legged on the floor holding two CD's.

 

“Which one should I get Yoongi-Hyung?” The singer asked, holding up a case in each hand, eyebrows drawn together in confusion. Any tension in Yoongi's body immediately vanished, his features relaxing as he crouched in front of the younger to analyse the albums. He pointed to the one in his right hand.

 

“I'd say this one, I prefer that artist and well, I have the other CD if you ever wanted to borrow it.” The rapper nodded at his own logic watching Taehyung light up as he put the other one down and ran to the counter, an echo of “Hobi-hyung I want this one!' bouncing off the shop walls.

 

After a stiff goodbye on Yoongi and Hoseok's part, the duo left the shop, Taehyung humming in thought about what they could do, Yoongi walking a little behind.

 

“Hey Yoongi-Hyung, I've got a question?” The rapper looked over to the younger, noticing his hands crossed behind his back and the way his legs kicked out a little when he walked.

 

“Yeah?” He couldn't place why but he felt a little nervous, not being able to see the other's face was a new experience for him. Taehyung hummed for a few seconds, kicking the ground rhythmically.

 

“It's more like a series of questions I guess. First, are you single?” Yoongi nearly choked, but responded with a hum instead, Taehyung nodding to himself, seemingly satisfied.

 

“Question two, what do you think of me?” Yoongi slowed his pace a little bit, heart beating fast. His answer had changed since last time and he had no idea how to tell the other those thoughts.

 

“I think...” I think you're strong and gorgeous and honestly the most beautiful person I've ever seen. You're incredibly unique and cute, so so talented and your voice is a literal gift, you are a literal gift. If I'm going to be honest with you, you're everything I want and everything I need, you're practically perfect for me and I think I might be falling in love with you.  “I think you're wonderful, Taehyung. And I think....I think you're the best person I have ever met.” Yoongi felt his eyes water from frustration. Why couldn't he just be honest? Was it because of what Hoseok told him or just his natural inability to voice his feelings?

 

Taehyung had slowed to a stop before slowly turning on his heel, eyes wide and mouth open and when Yoongi met his eyes his heart stopped. He actually understood me...

 

“Well, that makes question three really easy then Yoongi-hyung because...” Taehyung took a deep breath, fiddling with his hoodie sleeve again. “Will you go out with me?”