A Long Night

Forged Wedding

Jessica's POV

Tomorrow is the wedding. 

I sighed as I leaned my elbows against the balcony railings. I looked at the sky seeing thousands of stars sparkling. I remembered when I was a kid, I used to count the stars. Wish on them and hope. 

I can't believe that my first wedding is a fake one. I want to marry someone that I love. I love with all my heart and soul. I will give him everything. But. This happened because of my mother's agreement with the Huang clan. To save me from the Luxemburg clan. But she doesn't even know that whatever she do...I'm still marrying the heir of the Luxemburg clan. 

While I was in my thoughts my phone suddenly rings...I picked the call and placed my phone on my ear. 

"Hello?"

[You're getting married! Congratulations! Your very first fake wedding. And what's more shocking is that I heard you're marrying the two of them. That Huang. He really is a player. He really likes to gamble much. Now his cards are straight flush. He bet ten million dollar this time. Saying that you'll never leave his sons and the fake wedding will be a real wedding someday.]

"Wait dad! Mister Huang knows that this wedding is fake?"

[Of course. It's his idea after all and your mother's. Why?]

"But Zitao said that he doesn't." 

[And all of you are deceived. He's making his next move upon that. Saying that he doesn't know and he will push you to the Huang brothers even more. Making you fall in love with one of them and end up getting married again....for real. I know him too well. I can read his cards. But. What he didn't expect is that my cards are royal flush! An unbeatable combination! No one can beat me from gambling. And now...he's gambling for his life just for business. He bet ten million. I bet fifty million dollars. Saying that you'll fall in love with THEM! And...you will end up heartbroken and marrying the heir of Luxemburg!]

"Dad. Why are you so desperate to let me marry the heir of the Luxemburg clan?"

[You'll know it someday! I heard you're getting married at Hawaii. Your mother and I will be there. I think all the clans from the entire world will be there. Don't worry about the reception. The Rosenthal family got it all covered. See you. Goodnight..jessica." 

He hanged the call. I placed my phone on my pocket again and sighed. I looked at the stars again. "Why? Why am I being punished this way?" I asked myself and I felt a tear drop from my eye. I looked at the scenery just in front of me. The sea. The beautiful and calm sea. Right now, I'm inside of the royal wing rooms of the Huang residence, Just between Zitao and Chung Dai's room and across Jong In's room. 

I looked back seeing my gown on the mannequin stand. I saw the shoes and the jewelries. I looked back at the sea again and leaned my elbows. My heart is beating rapidly. I faced the full moon. 

I wish...I am a two faced person. A person who is insincere, untrustworthy, deceiving, dishonest. So that no one will give me this kind of responsibilities. I wish..I am an immoral person. A person who is wicked, evil, bad. I wish.....I was an immortal person. A person who is deathless, lasting, ceaseless! So. I can get my revenge to the people who hurt me from back then. 

I shook my head. "...what am I thinking? I said those words in my head but I never imagined...that I would say it....sincerely." I said and thought. "...it's like...my body is controlled.." I laughed at myself. "I'm imagining things again."

*Knock Knock*

I looked at the door. "Who is it?" "It's me jessica." 

Zitao?

I approach the door and unlocked it. "Yes?" I asked as I saw him wearing the same clothes as earlier. "You see...the guys are all here. They said they want a sleep over. I said it was fine. But then..sehun wants to see you and was about to barge in here. So I thought it would be unkind of him and that's why I'm here! And dinner is ready! Let's go." I smiled at him and nodded. "Okay. I'll come with you." I said as I stepped out of the room and closed the door behind me. Zitao and I walked to the stairway to get to the dining area. 

After some time...Zitao and I reached the dining area seeing the boys sitting on the chairs waiting. "Jessica!!" I saw sehun smiling and he dashed out of his chair running to my direction. Before he reach me...Zitao hugged me from behind and turned our positions. "Ugh." I heard Zitao groaned as our positions moved a bit from sehun's impact. 

"Yah! Oh Sehun! Stop acting that way inside the Huang residence!" Suho said as he dragged sehun by his ear away from us. "Are you okay?" I heard Zitao whispered near my ear. "Yeah.......thanks."

I can feel his breathing...hot breathing..

I removed his arms from wrapping it around my shoulders and walked passed it. "Okay let's have dinner!" Kai said. Chanyeol who is the nearest guy I approach...he stand up and pulled a chair. "Here you go miss..." I smiled at him. "Thank you." I sit on the chair as he pushed the chair back a bit. The maids removed the food cover above the foods. "Wow!!!! It looks delicious!!!!" Chen said as he looked at the foods that is all over the table. The size of this table is fit for 20 persons. They were getting some foods while me...I'm looking for..

"What's the matter..jessica?" I heard Zitao's voice. "I was looking for Mister Huang and Chung Dai." "Oh..they left the residence earlier and went to Hawaii to see the wedding venue." Kai said. I nodded and grabbed the bowl of vegetable salad and placed it on my plate and a piece of steamed buns. I grabbed the chopsticks and eat. "Is there a problem jessica?" I looked at Kai confused. "I mean...you're not touching any food besides vegetable salad and steamed buns. And the steamed buns contains vegetables. You're not eating any meat or fish." I weakly smiled upon hearing Kai's observations."Are you in a diet?" Kris suddenly said causing all of them to look at me. 

"Diet? You're in good shape!" Baekhyun said. "It's just...I don't eat meaty stuffs if I'm not in the mood." I said as I grabbed an unknown glass filled with water and drink it slowly. While I was slowly drinking..."I'm sorry for the intrusion masters but, has anyone have seen the Golden Grain liquor mixed with the Everclear Grain 190 Proof vodka drink of Master Huan- Miss Rosenthal!!" I finished the water and I was shock at the sudden call of my name. "Yes?" The guy in formal clothes approach me. "Sorry for the sudden touch. But I need to check your pulse." He checked my pulse. 

"Wait! You mean the Golden Grain and the Everclear Grain 190 Proof vodka?! One of the most alcoholic drink in the world?! That when you drink it straight without non alcoholic mixers you end up on your back at a very short time?! And you said that the two liquors was mixed?!" I was out of words from Chen's sudden outburst of revelation. "Miss Rosenthal!" I looked at the door to see Mister Huang. He approach me and observed me. "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded. "This is weird but. She shows no signs of tachycardia. Her pulse is normal." the guy said. "How can that be? Once you drink that vodka..you end up dead within fifteen seconds or even on the spot." 

"You sure you're alright jessica? Say something." Kai said as he kneeled in front of me. "I'm perfectly fine." I said and Chen waved his hands in front of my eyes. "Can you see clearly?" I nodded. "How many gulps did you made?" Xiumin asked. "About nine." their eyes widened. "Zheng! Call a doctor right away!" The guy who checked my pulse earlier dashed out. "No...I'm perfectly fine." I said as I stand up. "Let's just let the doctor check you. Let's go to the living area. Slowly..in case the liquor spreads rapidly." Mister Huang said as the boys assisted me to the living area. We sit on the sofas waiting. 

After few minutes the doctor arrived. And he checked me. "That's strange. She should have tachycardia by this moment. But all your vital organs are very normal and your throat seems like nothing happened and you just drank water." "Maybe it is water." I said but Mister Huang shook his head. "No. It was the vodka. The glass that you drank from was one of my newest glasses bought from New Zealand. I also bought vodkas from America and poured it on that glass and left it on the table. It really looks like a water and glass was look like the ones used on the dining table. I left for Hawaii to check on the venue but then I forgot the vodka..which is very deadly." 

"She's pretty normal..Mister Huang." the doctor said. "Thank you. And I also need to leave. Chung Dai is waiting for me. But if something happens call me. Come doc." The Doctor and Mister Huang left the residence. "Are you sure..you're okay?" I nodded and leaned my back on the sofa. "All my life. I've never been sick." "Seriously?! Even fever?! Cold?! Or sore eyes?!" I shook my head. "Daebak!" 

"Miss jessica...when did you have a tattoo?" I was confused at Luhan's question. "Tattoo? I never had one." I said. "Really? Then what's that on you waist?" he said pointing at my waist. I stand up seeing a faint cross tattoo with thorns wrapped all over it. 

What is this? 

"Haha! I forget! It is henna!" I said. "Okay! Let's hit the bed! Tomorrow is a big day! And! Jessica shout as loud as you can if you feel something." I nodded at kai. We climbed upstairs and entered our rooms. 


What is this tattoo? I never had one.

To be continued...