Chapter 9 - The Lone Woman

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                 

Previously:
Jongkook and Jihyo broke up. The moon is still up when Jongkook left the filming site with his manager. JK demanded to be alone at the gym branch he was owning and force his manager out. Gapjin went home but much to his worries, he return to the gym with no sign of the muscular in the building. JK's phone with tracking device was on the floor. Broken into pieces.

Kwangsoo knew how the two part ways and decided to get rid of Eunhye to help the two back together step-by-step. The next morning, he intentionally caught himself in a scandal with Eunhye, making the Running Man filming temporarily discontinued and will resume on the coming week. However, paparazzi and fans uploaded a picture of the two of them, getting them featured over the social media.

Kwangsoo knew how Jaesuk got disappointed with what he did so he told him the truth about JK and JH. The latter understand and assure him that he won't let anybody know; he's even willing to help the maknae with his plans.

 

Hours had passed since her manager brought her back to her house. Took a shower and brew her own coffee.

Staring blankly at the sight reflecting beyond her curtains. The cup full of coffee turned cold, untouched.

 

Lying on the bed but wasn't able to relax and dozing off to sleep is more difficult than usual. She would be blank for dozens of times. Tossing and turning won't help. Her own thoughts disturb her. Was it regret or was it part of moving on?

 

If he's not meant for me, please remove these feelings. I loved him. I still love him. But I fail him and I didn't break his heart, I totally destroyed it. Isn't for our good? She sighed heavily.

 

Time passed her by. Its already evening. She can't eat. Appetite betrayed her.

 

Her phone beeped. Delighted that maybe a message was sent by him. Meanwhile, a part of her was afraid and worried.

 

[Noona, let's drink!] She sigh in relief.

 

[You still owe me one.]

 

[Ye- Ye- I know. As promise, I'll bring it to your house. See you!]

 

Perfect timing. She wants a company to talk to and a lot of bottles to drain. Maybe that was all she needs...

 

She can still remember how Jongkook would give her the liquor-talk and how unhealthy it was, how he manage to nag at her countless of times and would be stop by her embrace. He would sometimes end up drinking half a bottle while she's on her sixth. How he would take care of her morning hangover. She would giggle after he put the pills beyond her lips. She can still remember the ecstatic taste of alcohol in him.

 

She was deep in her thoughts when the door bell rang.

"You crying noona?" Kwangsoo asks as soon as he entered the door.

 

"No. I just woke up from a nap." He knows she's lying, seeing her eyes soaked. That's gonna be too much from waking up. "Ya- What took you so long? I'm getting thirsty."

 

"I bought a lot noona." Emphasizing the two heavy grocery bags that he's carrying. Somehow, a smile formed on her face. This is going to be a long night.

"Kwangsoo-ah, have you been to a relationship where you need to end it to lessen the pain?" He's glad that she initiated talking as he was waiting for his noona to open up a sensitive topic for a couple of hours already.

 

"My ex-girlfriend reasoned that out."

 

"Really? What happen?" Another story resembling hers cause her curiosity to spark within her.

 

"We part ways when I really don't want to. She never called me from then on." She let go a heavy sigh. Is that what I want to end up with?

 

"Why'd you ask noona?" He knows she's just taking an advice but wasn't able to blurt out her 'secret' broken relationship with his hyung.

 

"Well... Nothing. I'm just interested."

 

"Be honest noona, are you dating anybody?"

 

"I am now." His eyes widened, managing a surprise face. Will she tell me the truth?

 

"Who?!" He exclaimly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter