Chapter 1 - The Virgo, the Ace and the Capable

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
**Author's note: The story that you'll be reading was purely made out of imagination, inspiration and delusion. *chuckles* Some scenes were based from the concepts of WAIL or RM shows. However, most of the incidents are merely products of fictitious thinking.   Entertainment News Article:   "We Are In Love's Segment of Chen Bo Lin and Song Ji Hyo Will End Sooner Than Thought?"          "We Are In Love" (WAIL) was known to be the Chinese version of Korea's "We Got Married", where two celebrities will be a virtual couple. The said program has the same basic format with WGM except that the couples are not 'married' but 'dating'.        Saturday night last week, PD in-charge of WAIL scheduled a press conference with one of the show's virtual pair - Chen Bo Lin and Song Ji Hyo. "We held a meeting before taking things into action. We understand their decisions and we're glad working with them as much as their fans loving them", according to the producers.                         The Chinese actor and the Korean variety actress arrived together at the venue. Both were wearing a smile on their faces. Much to everyone's dismay, technical difficulties occurred. Bo Lin started the discussion regarding the postponement of their segment. "These program needs to come to a halt, since Ji Hyo and I had decided to---"KYAAAH!!! I can't read this anymore!” a teen fan throwing the now-crumpled newspaper against the wall.

Long ago before the WAIL’s press conference.

On a hidden paradise in Bali, Indonesia, a group of foreigners were filming a reality variety show starring a transnational couple. Whilst working on the wave of summer heat of this great outdoors, cold drinks of variation were served well to their heart’s content.   Speaking of beverages, it was something that resonates what the two celebrities were called, the Orange Juice couple. Their title was derived from the Chinese word for ‘orange’ and ‘juice’, to which matches the homophone of the actor’s surname ‘Chen’ and the actress’ middle name ‘Ji’, respectively.   The filming was going smoothly when everyone at the location were surprised by random local host for a pop-up couple event. Being on a physical variety show for years, competitiveness ruled over Ji Hyo. On the other hand, Bo Lin was reasonably distracted of her presence, especially when she acts possessive and thoughtful at the same time.   They were on a major crisis when the game host requested all the participants to kiss their own partners. Bo Lin doesn’t know what to do. Truth be told, they met for only five times and they were not in the stage to do that. For goodness sake, it wasn’t a drama they’re filming to easily put an act up for a kiss.   Bo Lin was at confused state when Ji Hyo briskly thought of the only way out. Bravely, she face and hold him by his neck, pulling him to a close proximity.   The actor was somehow embarrassed as he recollect what had just happened. His insides were expecting her lips to damp into his cheek at the very least. Not when she actually aimed to kiss her own hand to fake it.   But this sudden act drifted his soul away. He should have been paled by now, but his cheeks were all reddened. It might be fake but he finds it special and promising. There are a lot more days to film, why not be on the next?

Ji Hyo and Bo Lin were in the middle of thanking every participants when the latter heard the smack noise of the clapperboard along with the PD’s loud ‘Cut!’

Of course, he had been waiting for this break to come as he want to say something off-cam to Ji Hyo, he was curious of what she did earlier while on-tape. Unfortunately, his virtual partner has gone missing the second he turn to speak to her. Well, he was used to her sudden disappearances whenever break time comes.   His feet trailed along the sands, going straight to the shades where Ji Hyo’s team were. And there she really is, talking to her manager.  

Ji Hyo took her seat and kindly asked for her phone to be handed over. She has been waiting to check it out ever since the filming started. Min Ji, her manager, complied with her demand and eyed the actress knowingly as the latter giggled on the corner, seeing a message notification from someone special.

The smile on Ji Hyo’s face faded as fast as it had beamed when she realizes their current situation. She had promised herself not to fall and act hype for this little things as if nothing wrong happened between her and the person who had send this message.   Right then, Ji Hyo’s team members disappeared one by one as they sense that the actor was there to talk with Ji Hyo in private. Leaving them alone, Bo Lin sat on the wooden chair beside her. "Momo-ya. I have something to ask you, if you won't mind."
  "...neh? Please go on." Ji Hyo didn't bother to lo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter