Chapter 10 - The Mother

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun had just shone up. Welcoming a new day to the Kim's residence. A woman figure in her 60's woke up, leaving her husband behind and busied herself preparing breakfast.

*glass fell, breaking into pieces*

"Oh my..."
"Ma'am, what happen?" A young lady ask.
"Min Jung-ah, I-I feel shaken for a while a-and accidentally jog the glass."
"Please don't touch it. You might get a cut. Do have a break first ma'am. I'll finish this and I'll prepare the breakfast for you." She assured her with a smile.
"I'm sorry. For making you do this..."
"It's my duty to take care of you, ma'am."

She believe something's not good is going on. Felt relief when she check on her husband who was sleeping soundly in their room. It's either something happen to one of her sons.

"Jongmyun-ah, my son. How are you? --- That's good. No, I'm just checking. --- Neh. I'll take care of my self and don't worry much. I love you." The call ended. Her eldest is in good condition. Worries grew bigger thinking that it's her youngest.

She dialed her youngest's number. Only to hear the operator. *sighs* "Maybe he's just busy and forgot to turn on his phone." She brushes her worries away and decided to help on preparing the breakfast again.


It's her habit to take care of their wide abundant garden. She has nothing to do in the big house anyway. Without her sons and the lack of grandchildren, what else can she do. She was watering the plants when she felt a big hug from her behind.
"Jagiya, stop it already. Did you drink your medicine? I place it on the table."

The person behind her ain't answering. She hears silent cries and turn to see a broad man.
"Jongkook!" She hug him tight, missing her youngest. "My son, why are you weeping..." She didn't expect him to answer, she knows he needs more of a shoulder and comfort than a listener by that moment. "Omma..." She felt his hug a lot more tighter, demanding her protection and support. "Shhh... Just cry. I'm always here, my son." She felt his pain, frustrations and grief along his tears as it touches her skin.


"What's the drama you two been doing this early in the morning?!"

"Abeoji." He wipe his eyes and stood straight, seeing the man who told him 'cryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter