Chapter 13 - The Contract

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on 'Against All Odds': Nah~ Just read the previous chapter. Ke ke ke 
 

Note: The gray-coloured part indicates flashbacks of Jongkook being alone in his gym. This was before Gapjin lost track of him.

 

 

"Jihyo," he weakly said. "I'm sorry for all my mistakes and everything that I've made you feel so wrong. I'm sorry if you loved a fool, idiot, insensitive person like me."

His voice getting husky from all the tears he had unwillingly let go.

 

"I had never regret loving you and I'm thankful for the time, love and memories you had shared with me…"

 

"Like you said, 'just focus on our careers and forget'."

 

"I guess you've already given up a long time ago,

but I don't feel like giving up on you."

 

"I suppose this is something you ask for," taking in all the air he needs, his lips hardly uttered,

"…so I'm setting you free."

 

"I had never hoped saying this for the last time…

Saranghae, Jihyo-ah."

 

Silence and his sobs accompanied him. He shakily steadied himself to stand up. Stared on his phone for the longest time and cleared his soaking eyes. He purposely drop the lone object in his hand, smashing it into pieces.

 

The We Are In Love set is currently filming in the snowy land of Finland. Jihyo and Bolin were alone in the holding area to practice their script together.

Bolin held her hand. "Momo, I'll protect you more than anyone else, more than myself." He's looking straight to the woman he admires who wasn’t even returning a gaze.

"Bobo-ah, I want to be in your arms, to protect me always." She read the script that she was holding with her other hand. "Can we take a break for a while?" She's getting uncomfortable with the lines she was required to say.

"Sure..."

 

*Knock*Knock*

 

"Can I excuse, Jihyo unnie? We have to prepare you for the next scenes."

"I have to go."

"See you later, Momo."

---

"Unnie, have you seen the edited film from last night?"

"Not yet. What part of last night?”

"When you two were together inside the igloo, waiting for an aurora, and confessing "truth" to each other… Have you notice something? The way he looks at you."

" I didn't get to see anything special. We had practiced that a lot so I don't mind. How 'bout you? Notice somethin'?

"Neh… He looks like he wants to kiss you so bad, Unnie."

"That, I've noticed. That's why I keep on changing the topic."

"They cut it out though."

"As usual."

 

The stylist was doing Jihyo's hair when she heard the manager sobbing holding her phone.

 

"Manager-nim... What happen?"

"Unnie, I'm sorry."

"Wae?"

"I have hidden something from you. Please forgive me."

"I don't understand. What is it? Tell me."

"You have a voice message."  Must be from Jongkook oppa.

Her manager handed the phone apologetically.

"Unnie, please forgive me. I can't ruin your mood for WAIL filming so I keep it from you since we left the camping ground."

"I want to be alone for a while. Please." Coldness evident on her tone. Both the manager and stylist bowed and left the dressing room.

 

/Jongkook's voice message playing on her phone/

 

Jihyo froze in her chair comprehending what she just heard. This isn't the man she used to know. A much vulnerable and fragile side of him.

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

The WAIL filming started. The two main characters get into their position. Jihyo was still bothered by thoughts of Jongkook. Is he okay right now? 

 

"Jihyo.…" He gaze on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter