Chapter 12 - The Ring?

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Eomoni, it's getting darker now. I guess I'll be going home... Eomoni, I'll call you immediately when I see Jongkook oppa."

 

"Thanks Jihyo-ah... If you don't mind, you can stay here for the night..."

 

"Ahm- But Eomoni, I have my flight tomorrow."

 

"Jinja? You're going out of the country?"

 

"Ahh... Neh. I have filming in Finland." Good thing, the older woman doesn't watch any Chinese show or use any gadget that might let them know that Jihyo was virtually 'dating' another man in a different show.

 

"You're very popular now Jihyo. My son is very lucky to have you. As much as I want you here to stay, I guess you better head home now before you approached midnight. That's got to be dangerous."

 

"I can take care of it, Eomoni."

 

Jihyo was escorted by the elder 'til she get in the car. She waved goodbye and close the window.

 

Oppa, where have you been? Where on earth can I find you? Atleast show up before I go to Finland.

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

Morning came. One mother slept on the couch, waiting for her youngest and husband to come back since last night.

 

"Jagiya~ We're home!" She woke up in surprise with her spouse's excited noise.

 

"Don't you 'Jagiya' me. Where have you two been? I'm very worried of you! No one informed me where you two dimwits were going. Did you drink your medicine? Did you ate already?" 

 

"Yah, you're being the naghead here. I brought Jongkook to the park and talk man-to-man. There's no woman in a man-to-man talk so we didn't include you. "

 

"Pabo-ya, you can talk within this lot. You don't have to go outside just to talk. Why does it have to be overnight? I almost call the police to look for you."

 

Their son could only smile on their argument. It was a relief for Mrs. Kim. It was the first smile she saw eversince he came back to his hometown. Maybe her husband did a great job in helping their youngest.

 

"And as for you, Kim Jong Kook." Pouring her focus all to the well-built man, but she's sound unagitated this time.

 

"Yes mom?"

 

"Someone's looking for you earlier."

 

"Looking for me? --- Gapjin?"

 

"Gapjin did called looking for you but I didn't tell him that you're here." He sighed in relief, his mom truly knows what's best for him. "What I was talking about is, someone came here looking for you yesternight."

 

"Besides Gapjin? Who?" He tilt his head in confusion. Her mother smiled.

 

"My Jihyo," his mother said in her sweetest tone.

 

"J-Jihyo? A-as in S-Song Ji Hyo?" He stuttered clarifying his parent's declaration. He was testing the water just in case another person named like his ex-partner was looking for him. He don't want to expect too much, saving his heart from another round of cracking.

 

"Stop acting like I don't know who Jihyo is... Of course she will be looking for you. That poor Jihyo, she's stressing herself travelling from far away."  S-she's looking for me? She still cares... But what if she just came here to cut ties with my family.

 

"Eomma, did she tell you anything about u-us?"

 

"She does!" She exclaimed, madness in her tone.

 

"Eomma, calm down. Why getting angry at me all of a sudden?"

 

"Because you're making Jihyo wait for you to pop the question."

 

"Ask her what?" She knuck on her youngest head.

 

"Ask her to marry her. Are you really my son? The last time I remember, he's a quick-witted, wise, strong man."

 

"Eomma, are you telling the truth? Or are you having illusions of Jihyo being here." She vent a heavy breathe out and called the maid.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter