Chapter 2 - The Drunk

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Just that you're not with me Something is not right without you My heart is missing something, No courage to promise you anything   Oblivious to his unusual unproductiveness, Jong Kook stopped and put his pencil down. Three hours had passed and 4 random lines were all he can get. He's in the mood, but his mind won't just let him focus on composing a song.   Merely because he can't think of anything else. Anything but the missing part of him.   Her.   Her, who had fill his nothingness.
Her, who brought his empty loneliness back to existence.   Because there was a 'him'.   Him, who got confident that she'll stick around.
Who thought she'll always understand.
Whose one of the people who won't appreciate her better until she's gone. He flung himself into the bed and close his eyes reminiscently, living out that night again in his head.   By the time Jong Kook barely closed the front door, he heard an unfamiliar sound. Alarmed and anxious, he hurried straight to the source.   He froze in the bedroom door as Jong Kook eyed the almost emptied closet and Ji Hyo with a suitcase. And his presence made her quickened her pace.   "Ji Hyo." Jong Kook held her side and turn her.   "Don't touch me." She snapped from him irritatingly, marched to and forth the drawers.   "Why are you doing this?" Ji Hyo ignored him. "Ji Hyo- Why?"   She stopped and glared, "You should know better, Kim Jong Kook."   "D-did I do something wrong?"   "You did? " Ji Hyo smirked, as she closed her packed suitcase. "You're perfect. You never flawed... Someone imperfect like me needs MORE space that you had created. Excuse me-"   Fear had crossed his face. She's slipping away.   "I'm sorry..." Down on his knees, he hugged her around her waist. "I can't live without you, Ji Hyo ah. Please..."   "If you'll excuse me, I have to go."   Out of his hold, she rolled her suitcase. Her sight he couldn't see clear with his eyes misted over.   He felt a lump in his throat, hold it back and tried his best not to fall apart. "No matter what happens, Ji Hyo. I'll wait for you. I-"   "Don't expect." She interrupted and stormed out of his abode, leaving the desperate alone in his bedroom.   Added to her departure, realization hit him harder when he knew from her manager that it was on the same day that Ji Hyo had signed the contract regarding WAIL. And he know she would never decide without letting him know. He believed he's on fault. And with that, who is he to blame her if she's into vengeance? Whether it was Ji Hyo's avenge or not, he acknowledged that it was the perfect wake up call. Proven enough that it stirred him up.   When suddenly, his phone ring. He hurried to pick it up and glanced at the caller ID, sighing to his dismay. "Neh, Kwang Soo-ah..."   "Oooh... You're not responding on the group chat, Hyung. Anyway, I called to invite you. Let's eat out. All the members are coming."   "All?"   "Except Noona, of course Hahaha! It's a sausage party. So are you coming?"   "Uhm..."   "Come on, Hyung."   "Arasso. Arasso."   "Yey! See you later Hyung. The usual meeting place."   Maybe he need to get some air. Or maybe a drink or two.   Eating and drinking out was typical to them as long as they don't have a busy schedule which most of them always had. Fortunate enough that they can finally meet again outside work, which they had used to be doing on the early days of RM.   As what Jong Kook and Ji Hyo agreed years ago, being a couple was unknown to the members, even the staffs and their friends; except for their families and managers who'd supported and accepted them as soon as they informed them that they're official.  

The door swung open, and the exchange of banters were interrupted by the last man to arrive. Spell a person who shouldered a ton of problems, H. I. M.

"What happen to you?" Jae Suk stood up checking the man, followed by Suk Jin. "Are you okay?"   Obviously not.   "Have you been to war?" Kwang Soo tried to joke, but instead, he received glares from his hyungs.  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter