Chapter 15 - The Press Conference

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I Love You, More Than I did yesterday

I have never met someone so important and precious to me, that it hurts

To meet you, to feel this happiness

I must have dealt with a lot of pain

I don't want to do this ever again

Breaking up

Unless it's a break-up to meet you once more

Whenever and forever

-Kim Jong Kook's "Today More Than Yesterday"

 

Saturday. The day of 'We Are In Love' Press Conference in Korea.

The producers of WAIL gathered the former virtual couple in a room as they prepare and collaborate with the organizers of the conference. They ask them to ready themselves for the finale.

It was a bit awkward between the two after their last filming in Finland as they never get a chance to talk again, thus, the situation had given them gap and  boundary. Bolin initiated the conversation, breaking the invisible wall in-between. "How are you Momo, I mean Jihyo? Didn't you sleep last night? You seem to be worried."

"A-aniya. I-i'm just overthinking..." She can't help thinking of Jongkook and his worrisome call last night.

"Overthinking of what? You can tell me. It'll be better if you had someone to share your worries, right?" He assured the woman seating across.

"Well, last night..."

(anonymous telephone number flashing on her screen)

Yoboseyo? Nuguseyo?

[Jihyo~]

Oppa? I-is this really you Jongkook oppa?

[Neh... I just want to say I love you, Jihyo-ah. Always remember that.]

She was about to say how much she love the man on the other line when she heard a loud crash, a man screaming, and a long beep sound, ending the call.

 

"Shall we cancel the conference and search for him instead? Well, that was some kind of emergency, right?", he suggested.

 

"No, don't. This is the only time for the conference and they are already done for the preparation. We just need to finish this as early as we can", she said.

 

"You're right. Oh- PD is calling us. Let's go?"

 

"Let's go."

 

They went down a short hall into a room with flashing cameras and a long table. Both Jihyo and Bolin entered the event area. Jihyo can be seen smiling but deep inside her worries won't subside. They greeted everyone with a bow and they settled down on their seats next to each other.

 

Much to everyone's dismay, technical difficulties occurred. Once everything is set, the PD begin the discussion.

 

 "We held a meeting before taking things into action. We understand their decisions and we're glad working with them as much as their fans loving them", the head PD of WAIL said as translated for Korean audiences.                               

It's time for both the actor and the actress to say whatever they wanted to say. Bolin look at Jihyo, asking who'll do the talking first. As the Ace gestured, he took hold of the microphone and straightly started the discussion regarding the discontinuation of their segment.

 

"Ahm- annyeonghaseyo- I am glad to see you all here... These program needs to come to a halt, since Jihyo and I... had decided to respect each other's feelings... I admit that I'd truly love her during the span of filming, but I can say, she loves someone else. And... I can't work soundly while I'm being an obstruction to that man and her feelings at the same time." Reporters were murmuring to the actor's confession.

 

This time, Jihyo took charge of the microphone, "Nice to meet you all today. I... I foremost want to thank everyone that consists the WAIL set and their overwhelming understanding. I'm grateful to be a part of it. Bolin is a very good man. He always take care of me and prioritizes me.  And now that we, Bolin-ah and I, decided to stop filming the show, I want to thank the supporters here in Korea and outside the country."

 

A reporter wave her hand to ask Jihyo, and it was granted. "Ahm- Song Jihyo-ssi, is Bolin-ssi's statement regarding your relationship with another man, true?

 

Jihyo look at the man beside her, which the latter assure her that it's gonna be fine. She hold the mic and admitted that it's true.

 

"With all due respect, Song Jihyo-ssi, may we know the man who Bolin-ssi said that you are in love for real?"

 

"...He's always by my side for the past 6 years and we'd been in a 3-year relationship. *Jihyo wasn't able to suspend her tears* And now... I'm worried that I don't know where he is." A lot of media personnel mumbled that it could be a Running Man member or staff.

 

When all the people inside the room were settled down, Jihyo continued her speech.

"Oppa wherever you are...please come back to me... I'll be waiting for you at the park where we had our first date."

 

"Please support us rather than hating us for being ourselves and for choosing the path we want to take. We are human beings too, we have emotions and feelings just like you. For those who supported us all the way. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts."

 

The conference lasted for less than an hour after Bolin was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter