Eight

Maybe Or Maybe Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Eight[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"You're late." Top hyung scolded as soon as Seungri came in.

He gave him a broad smile. "Oh please, as if you didn't come few seconds ago."

"You little..."

Top hyung head-locked him, playfully hitting his stomach. Seungri took it as every time: like an obedient maknae would do. He was so used to this treatment and he knew it was his hyungs' way of showing him love.

After all, he was that goddamn cute.

Oops, did I just say that about myself?

Well, he wasn't lying. Seungri was indeed too adorable for his own good.

"Welcome back Seungri ah," Top hyung whispered after he released him.

Seungri carefully nodded. Top hyung's tone was strange just now.

Today was the first time he came back as himself. Seungri really missed BigBang and his hyungs. If it weren’t for the accident, he wouldn't willingly leave them.

Daesung hyung was on him next. "You buried yourself all of this time, didn't you?"

"What do you mean?" Seungri slowly asked.

"Nothing," Daesung hyung shook his head. "It's good to have you back you naughty prick."

"Okay." Seungri smiled awkwardly, he was getting confused with Top and Daesung hyungs' attitudes. They seem suspicious for the lack of better terms.

"Let's get started."

Youngbae hyung.

He didn't even look at Seungri when he came in. Not even once. It shouldn’t bother Seungri but it did. He desperately wanted to fix things between Youngbae hyung and his brother. Yet, there was no way to do so without telling him the truth –something that Seunghyun was totally against.

With a deep sigh, Seungri proceeded to the recording studio.

Weird.

Jiyong wasn't here. Being a perfectionist at work, he never allowed anyone to do the recording without him around. And if he indeed wasn't there, then the recording will be repeated as soon as he gets to the studio.

"What about Jiyong hyung?" Seungri would rather not record twice. It was bothersome and a waste of his precious time.

Youngbae gave him and incredulous look, finally gazing his way. "What is wrong with you?"

Seungri was confused. "Isn't Jiyong...?”

Daesung hyung cut him off, pulling him to a corner by his hoodie. "We're using your song, remember? The president and Teddy hyung said your song will do instead of Jiyong hyung's."

"What?" His song? What song? And the president actually picked his song over Jiyong's? What the hell?!

"I left you a present."

Oh no, he didn't!

Seunghyun.

That bastard.

"Excuse me for a second." Seungri told them before storming off the studio already dialling his brother's number.

"What the hell did you do?" Seungri snapped. "A song? A ing title song no less?"

"Calm down." Seungri could almost see his brother's stupid poker face from here. "Have you read the e-mail I sent you this morning?"

"No but that's not the point! How can you do this? I don't deserve this song, you wrote it and composed it, how am I supposed to deal with it?"

"That's the thing," Seunghyun was calm as usual. "You were the one who wrote it. I found sheets in your place and only forwarded it to Teddy for some modifications here and there. They're your lyrics and composition notes. I only brought attention to them."

"What's the song?" Seungri didn’t write too many songs in his spare time –because he didn’t have any spare time. Seunghyun couldn't have picked that one.

He didn't.

No way.

"It's 'Never'. President Yang said it's your best masterpiece and all the members fell in love with it. Jiyong willingly forfeited from the title track."

Dammit!

That song was never supposed to see the light. Actually, Seungri thought he freaking burnt it, why is it a BigBang title track now?

A mess.

He knew all too well that he would find a huge bloody mess when he comes back.

Seungri rushed back to the studio not wanting to keep his hyungs waiting any longer. He checked his brother's e-mail and the arrangements Teddy hyung made to the song. He did not change a single lyric. He even kept the initial notes and melody Seungri had in mind intact.

What is done is done. Now, he had to supervise his hyungs' recording.

Scary thought. For all the 10 years, they have been together; it was always Jiyong's hyung's mission to supervise the recording. Now, that he was doing it, it seemed like a heavy burden.

Maybe this is exactly why Seungri never suggested including any of his self-composed songs in a BigBang album. Simply because he did not want this responsibility.

Luckily, the recording went really well. His hyungs were completely understanding to his remarks and suggestions. He even made them re-record many parts. He made a staff bring them some fluids for their throats and restarted the operation all over again. He didn't leave them be until he was 95% satisfied with the way things turned out. And even with that, he did few modifications here and there. In the last minute, he added few verses that he 'stole' from Seunghyun's notes. He doubted he will demand copyrights but even if he did, Seungri will have his arse for letting this song out.

Teddy hyung was quite impressed with the lines Seungri added to Youngbae's hyung part so he could leave the other portion to Daesung hyung. Overall, Seungri mixed their parts a little adding harmonies that they all excelled at, blending his hyungs' special voices to the melody he had in mind.

Since there was no rap part in the song, Seungri had to work extra hard with Top hyung's singing voice. He switched his and Jiyong's parts at the last minute so he could make full use of his deep tune.

He increased Daesung hyung's parts giving him the most of the high notes with Youngbae hyungs in the adlibs then he harmonised his voice with them and to his relief, the outcome was magical.

When they listened to that part, the four of them and Teddy hyung remained silent for a while.

"A masterpiece like the old man said." Top hyung whispered.

Daesung hyung smiled. "It's like a Fool's only tears' harmonisation all over again."

"With my amazing voice." Top hyung bragged.

"I think you're giving If You a run for its money Seungri ah." Tedd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter