Five

Maybe Or Maybe Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Five[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“How do you like Korea?”

“It’s not like this is my first visit,” Seunghyun replied obviously distracted.

“What are you doing anyway?” Seungri asked partially worried about his brother. To be honest, Seungri never thought things will escalate this way. To think that his brother went home with BigBang while he was stuck here is still beyond belief.

Seunghyun’s voice came pensive. “I am trying to cook.”

Seungri burst in a loud laugh at the serious way his brother put it, as if he was doing the world’s most difficult job.

“Hey, don’t laugh! I don’t know how to cook, okay?”

“Okay, sorry,” Seungri forced himself to stop laughing realising how seriously his brother was taking this. “Just order some food.”

“I don’t like ordering,” Seunghyun said. “I was used to home cooked meals by my mother.”

“Oh about that, can you tell me why you’re still living with your parents?”

“It’s not exactly living with them. My apartment is separate from their house.”

“By a block.”

“It’s convenient.” Seunghyun replied and Seungri heard something drop and a loud curse. “At least I don’t have to deal with this!”

“Well, it’s not convenient to me!” Seungri whined. “They wouldn’t stop coming here and bothering me all the time. When all I want to do is smack them for hating me and separating us.”

He didn’t like his brother’s adoptive parents much. They seemed so conservative and Seungri was dead sure they were the reason behind Seunghyun’s excessive coldness.

“It’s your parents who did the separating not mine.” Seunghyun sighed apparently giving up on the cooking idea and concentrating more on the conversation.

“Have you met them yet?” Seungri asked

“No, and I don’t feel like it.”

“Then we’re never finding out what actually happened!”

“When you get better, you can come here and ask them yourself.”

Deciding to change the subject, Seungri asked him about his day. They always called each other and spoke about everything. Well, Seungri was in a bed so there wasn’t much to tell but Seunghyun called or texted him several times a day to ask about things or just tell him when he met one of his acquaintances.

The other time he told him about his ordeal with Jiyong and Seungri felt like he fell in love with his brother. He actually told Jiyong all of the things that Seungri was dying to tell him but he was a coward to not voice him. It was a good thing that his brother took it upon himself to teach Jiyong a lesson.

Well, Seungri also knew that Jiyong was beyond being repaired. It’s been a long time ever since Seungri tried to fix him but he ended up adapting himself to his behaviour instead. He was really soft and stupid when it came to Jiyong and it only caused him suffering and more suffering throughout the years.

Seungri reached the point where he didn’t know how to deal with Jiyong anymore. So he just left it to Seunghyun. In the meantime, Seungri decided that maybe he wants to forget him. He will take advantage of his stay in Japan to stop thinking about the enigma called Jiyong.

He wasted several years of his youth already. It was time to let go and move on. But even as he said so, Seungri knew it wasn’t that simple. How many times did he try to forget about Jiyong in the past? How many times did he step on his own heart and endured the pain all alone? He tried everything in the book but nothing worked. The first time Jiyong came near him, Seungri forgot about his resolve and melted like a bloody idiot.

He was hopeless, stupid and naïve. And yet, Seungri knew he couldn’t sacrifice his pride any longer. The pain he endured in the past left permanent scars in his insides. He could at least try to not add to those.

He will follow his brain for once.

Repeat after me: Jiyong did nothing to make me feel like I belonged with him. Jiyong was only tormenting me. Jiyong enjoyed degrading me. Jiyong invented many sadistic ways to make me feel insignificant.

Jiyong doesn’t deserve me. Period.

“There’s no schedule today so I stayed home.” Seunghyun’s voice brought Seungri back from his reverie.

“Whoa! I am neither Top, Daesung nor Youngbae hyung! I don’t stay home all day sleeping or doing God knows what. I go out, I meet friends, and I party! Don’t ruin my image.”

“I am tired,” Seunghyun empathised. “Plus, I wasn’t doing nothing. I completed some reports and instructions then mailed them to my secretary. If she called you, tell her to work accordingly.”

“Yes boss,” Seungri mocked. “I can take care of it myself in case you haven’t noticed.”

Seungri has been doing his brother’s work in the meantime. He actually enjoyed and excelled at it all at the same time.

“I only know how to work,” Seunghyun confessed. “This new life is confusing me.”

“I am sorry,” Seungri apologised realising once more the amount of dilemma his brother has to go through because of him. “I will get better soon, I promise.”

“Don’t worry,” his brother’s voice softened. “I will get used to it. Just take care of yourself.”

They kept talking for a long time after that. Seunghyun told him every detail about their rehearsals, the texts he got from his friends and what he should reply to them. Seungri made him agree to attend few parties on his behalf. Seunghyun was reluctant about inserting himself in Seungri’s massive social circle but he had to. Or else the closest people to Seungri will start doubting him.

Seungri has to go through intensive rehabilitation. He couldn’t allow the whole thing to blow up in their faces and cause harm not only to himself but to his long found brother as well.

* * * * *

Youngbae picked several films to watch for tonight. Alone and peacefully.

He spent the whole day in the studio with Kush hyung and Jiyong. Hanging around and trying to mix some new songs. They always did that in their free time.

Throughout the day, Youngbae felt like Jiyong wanted to tell him something but eventually refrained from it. And for some unknown reason, Youngbae was glad he didn’t. He knew it had to do with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter