Ten

Maybe Or Maybe Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Ten[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“I am home!”

Seungri’s mother hugged him tight when he showed up at his family’s house. It’s been some time since he saw his parents and sister. He truly missed them.

“You’re such a bad son,” His mother scolded. “How come your visits are getting further apart? Have you been eating well?”

“He’s a busy man honey,” Seungri’s father said greeting him.

Seungri grinned back when his sister dashed to his welcome clinging to his neck as if she was still a little girl. “I missed you oppa!”

“I missed you all too and yes mum, I’ve been eating quite well.” Seungri said when Hanna finally let him go. “Actually, I brought someone with me.”

His mother smiled. “Who is it? One of your hyungs?”

“No.” Seungri pulled Seunghyun’s hand who was about to sneak outside and leave.

When he stood in front of his family hand in hand with his brother, his parents’ faces changed from smiles to deep horror while Hanna stared in complete bewilderment. There could’ve been better ways to tell his family that he found his twin –especially since they never told him a word about him– but Seungri liked to act on a whim this time. Seunghyun came to visit him yesterday and he found his chance to clear the dark water between him and his family –their family.

“Mum, Dad, Hanna,” Seungri began in his resolved voice. “This is Seunghyun.”

When he looked at his twin brother, Seungri noticed that he kept staring at the three of them. The expression on his parents’ faces probably bothered him. It disturbed Seungri too. Why would they look at him as if he was a ghost?

“I didn’t know he was bringing me here,” Seunghyun cleared his throat. “I wouldn’t come if I knew.”

“Hey come on! You have to meet them sooner or later.”

“Heol! You two look the same except your hair.” Hanna kept looking between the both of them “Is he your duplicate oppa?”

“Somehow,” Seungri replied. “He’s my twin and we’re here to hear the entire story from mum and dad.”

His parents’ terrorised expression didn’t subside even after they sat down and Hanna brought them something to drink. Seungri could feel Seunghyun’s stiffness beside him. He was probably as nervous as Seungri right now.

“How did you find him?” Seungri’s father finally spoke.

“He found me.” Seungri replied. “He recognised me and contacted me.”

“Where do you live?” His father asked Seunghyun in a clipped voice.

“In Japan.”

“No!” His mother shot to her feet yelling. “You were supposed to live in Australia! Why are you in Japan?!”

“Calm down honey,” His father gently sat her down.

“I used to live in Australia when I was little,” Seunghyun answered awkwardly. “We moved back to Japan when I was six due to my father’s work.”

“So you knew about him? And you threw him away anyway?” Seungri couldn’t surpass his disgust toward his parents. He always thought that Seunghyun was somehow lost or maybe kidnapped and taken to another country. He never thought that they willingly gave him away.

Seunghyun looked at him with eyes that Seungri could read so well now. They tore his insides.

I told you so.

“This was never supposed to happen, this was never supposed to happen, this was never supposed to happen…” Seungri’s mother kept chanting while his father continued consoling her.

“I am sorry for barging in,” Seunghyun said in a serious voice. “It’s not that I hate my adoptive parents. They never for once made me feel like I was adopted. At the matter of fact, they still think I don’t know. I discovered by myself few years ago when I saw that their blood types and mine don’t match. I just wanted to know if I had a family somewhere else. Now since I had my wish and knew I wasn’t welcome. I will stop bothering you.”

“That’s not it!” Seungri’s mother cried running to Seunghyun and taking his hands in hers. “I never wanted to give you up. I died the day I let you go but that was much better than the alternative. I couldn’t keep you. I wasn’t allowed to.”

She was crying now. Flat out sobbing in front of a confused Seunghyun. It threw Seungri off too. His mother rarely cried. What the hell was happening here? Why couldn’t his mother keep Seunghyun?

“Mum what are you talking about?” Seungri asked.

“We can’t tell.” His father answered, his eyes down casted to the ground. “You were never supposed to meet.”

“Leave.” His mother looked at Seunghyun with watery eyes. “You have to leave and never come back. Forget about us and especially about Seungri. You can’t meet him again. Erase him from your existence.”

“Mum!” Hanna yelled not believing her mother just said that.

“You don’t understand anything so shut up.” His mother scolded Hanna and turned to Seunghyun again. “Do us a favour and disappear.”

“Mum! What the hell is wrong with you?!” Seungri was the one to shout this time unable to believe his ears. Not only his mother hurt Seunghyun on more levels than one but she also told him he wasn’t welcome in this family. She harshly rejected her own blood.

“Once again, I am sorry for intruding.” Seunghyun bowed and went out of the house.

His mother’s hand stopped Seungri when he was about to follow his brother. “Leave him. Don’t mingle with him anymore.”

“Forget you ever had a brother.” His father said.

“Let me go!” Seungri snapped. “I can’t believe I was raised by such heartless parents all of this time! You know what’s the worst part? He actually knew that you abandoned him but I defended you saying it was a mistake and that you would never do something like that. Apparently I was dead wrong!”

“Seungri ah, we’re doing this for you.” His mother said.

“You know what Seunghyun did for me? He saved me from death!” Seungri yelled. “He got me out of a burning car, took me to the hospital and pretended to be me so I wouldn’t lose my career. He endured a life foreign from his own for my sake! He took care of me when no one did!”

His family’s faces turned to horror.

“You had an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter