Chapter 9

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My sleep was filled with many different dreams. Some of them beautiful and warm and some very confusing. I tried to fall back asleep and go back to those warm ones. Tried to go far away from the point when I would have to open my eyes and face the world. But as always I did it anyway, just like any other day.

The first thing I saw was my bedroom windows which were closed. I clearly remembered falling asleep with the chilly air entering from outside. But I also remembered the bed being very warm. Only then I realized that there had been someone else here and without him it felt unusually empty.

I jumped out of the bed, leaving the bedroom in hurried steps. The penthouse was silent, only filled with quiet buzzing and clicking coming from the technology. The living room was empty and so was his bedroom. Where had he gone?

I felt unusually bad.

He was out of the house, leaving me alone, while his lips had been on mine just a few hours ago. He had left, even though I had fallen asleep in the warmth of his strong arms.

I walked into the kitchen grabbing a glass of water to clear my mind.

Had he regretted everything? He may had, but I didn’t know what I would do if that were to be true. The kiss made me melt into pure pleasure. Everything from the past had disappeared and it was just the two of us, in the middle of my bedroom. Just our little world. And our lips moving in sync as if they were made for each other.

Besides, if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t even be alive to kiss anyone else. I leaned on the counter.

He who had found me, after I had behaved like a child throwing a tantrum. I knew I didn’t deserve to be saved by him, but he did it. And he kissed me. How could have something like that happened?

My mind was still trying to wrap around that one thought when I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist. Just as they had found their way last night. They were a little numb from the cold outside, I could feel it. But I still felt that warmth and steadiness that had lulled me to sleep.

I looked behind only to be met by a pair of eyes watching me.

“Aren’t you tired?” he asked suddenly. “You should be hungry, let’s eat.” he said and only then I noticed a young maid filling the kitchen table with different food.

“Yeah.” I answered with all the voice I had in me. “Let’s eat.” and he let go of my waist, leaving me with strange desire to go after his warmth.

We sat down at the table as the maid continued to bring more food into the room. She looked about my age and was definitely beautiful. The way she held her head up was enough to intimidate me.

“Would you like to drink something hot?” she asked with a high pitched voice.

“Tea would be nice.” Sehun answered, looking up at her.

“I would like some too.” I added, smiling at the maid, something she didn’t return. In fact she hadn’t even looked at me at all. Not one glance.

The atmosphere around us was turning into awkwardness. Sehun started eating, but I could see he didn’t have an appetite. He always moves his food from side to side when he’s not focused on eating. I’ve noticed this during our life together. Sometimes even I was amazed of how much I knew about him without even realizing. That thought made me smile.

The maid had returned in the meantime, bringing only one cup of tea and placing it in front of Sehun.

“Enjoy your drink.” she said with her pretty accent, smiling at him widely.

Sehun looked at his cup, before bringing his gaze to her. “Didn’t we ask for two?” he faked amazement.

Suddenly her face fell as she looked over to me. “Oh, I’m sorry, sir. I’ll bring the secon-”

“Don’t bother.” he cut her off coolly, before taking his own cup and placing it in front of me. I looked at him shortly, giving him a small smile of gratitude which he returned.

“Sir, I’m sorry to disturb you,” The maid spoke up again. “But you requested the house to be cleaned. Will you and your companion be home today?” she asked.

“Actually-” I started before Sehun could say a word. “I’m his wife, so I’d be honored if I was treated that way.”

She fell silent immediately and bowed with a straight face before leaving the room. I looked over to Sehun. He was smiling down at his plate, which was still filled with untouched waffles. I felt heat rise in my cheeks as well, as I realized that what I said could be taken in two ways. Subconsciously, I had directed my words to Sehun too. 

“You don’t like your food?” I asked him, breaking the awkward silence.

“There’s something wrong with them.” he looked up. “I like your waffles better.” he added quietly before looking down at his plate again.

“I thought my waffles are too sweet. You told me once.”

“No, they’re perfect.” he cut in. “I guess I didn’t want to say anything good back then.” he looked at me and said. “I’ve loved everything you ever cooked for me.”

I couldn’t help but smile at his words. I took his fork and sliced a little piece of a waffle before putting it in my mouth.

“I agree, they taste a little strange.” I started loudly. “Let’s try and make them better.” I looked around the table for anything to help. “How about this?” I asked and reached for a bottle of whipped cream.

Sehun nodded with a smile, so I shook the bottle and spread the cream across his waffle. He took a small bite, his smile growing even wider.

“Better?”

“Better.” he answered.

Taking another piece of his waffles into my mouth, I looked around the kitchen. I knew that somehow we would need to talk about the previous night. Only the thought of it made me want to curl into a ball. So I decided to start a regular conversation, something we both could try and manage to have.

“Where did you go today?” I asked him, sipping my tea. “You probably slept for a couple hours, you must be tired.”

“I needed to arrange something and decided to walk.” he answered glancing out of the window. “You know morning breeze…” he paused, “to clear my head.”

Oh. “Did it help?” I asked innocently.

“Yeah, I think it did. I realized something.” he answered finally looking at me.

“About what?” I asked again, this time my chest heavy with too much heartbeat.

“I want to return to Korea.” he said firmly, but I could hear nervousness hiding behind his voice. I froze one the words left his mouth. Was I ready to go back and face everything? The questions started to flood my mind, but only one freaked me out.

Taehyung. Sehun had made it clear how he felt about him. Would he do anything once we got back? Since the previous night I was sure that Sehun saw the problem only in Taehyung, so what would he do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter