Chapter 11

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting out of the taxi, I wanted to slam the car door, if only I had had enough strength. Slowly, I entered our house, but right after closing the front door, I lost all that was holding me up. My body gave in and I fell against the wall, tears slowly streaming down my face.

All hope was gone. Hope for better future. Hope that since my parents couldn’t make my life a nightmare anymore, I would be happy. Hope that I would love and maybe he would love me too and even if the relationship would never be something I could tell my grandchildren, at least I would have someone next to me.

How could I have believed him? The man who lied every single day to the world for so long. I was nothing but a stunt to him. A material for his stable future as a businessman. Why would he return the feelings that existed in a stupid person that is me?

Stupid. That’s what I really was. All my life. Stupid for not standing up to my father, or the lies of my mother. Stupid for not saying “ this” the day they announced my marriage. So stupid for putting up with an of a husband. Stupid for believing he was good.

I had to end this. I had to get away.

Suddenly, I stood up straight, wiping my tears and running up the stairs to my room.

Getting out a suitcase, I started throwing in everything that came under my hand. I wouldn’t need any of those gowns or shoes that decorated my closet. No matter how much I loved them, they belonged in the world I was trying to escape from. A few of my favorite books, bathroom necessities, clothes and underwear, money, what more would I need? Looking around the room, another tear fell down my cheek.

For so long, this place had become my hideout and I was leaving it for good.

I didn’t have time to think of more, as I heard a loud slam of front door and someone running up the staircase. My heart thumped loudly as I knew who it would be. Soon the door of my room flew open and I could see Sehun breathing heavily and his hair messy from the wind.

“What are you doing?” he breathed out.

“Leaving.” I said quietly. “I told you already, now go away.” I couldn’t look at him, when I knew how hard he had played me. Why should I have even talked to him?

“No.” I heard him say. “No! No! No!” he chanted. “You can’t leave! You can’t leave me here alone! You can’t do this to me!” he shouted.

“Why?!” I yelled in response. My face was already wet with all the tears I had shed. “I should stay so you can use me again?! I hate you so much, Oh Sehun!” I yelled. “I hate you, like I’ve never hated anyone! I hate you more than my dad and more than my mom and more than every single person who plays the same game you do! I hate you!” I screamed and shouted until my body started shaking.

“Why do you hate me?! Why?!” he continued. “Why are you never giving me a chance?!” he started pacing around the room, kicking the suitcase with his foot. “You’re running to him aren’t you?!” he looked at me suddenly, slowly walking forward and blocking me against the wall “You just wanted to leave me for him, didn’t you?! You’re just trying to blame it on me…” his face was so close…

“I hate you so much.” I whispered. And that was all I could take.

My knees gave in and I fell on the floor, sobs were leaving my mouth every second and it was breaking me.

“I’m already broken.” I admitted out loud through my sobs. “I went through much, but you managed it. You finally broke me.”

Then I felt his warm arms around my body, as tightly as it was humanly possible. At that point I didn’t care if he touched me. I couldn’t feel anything. Only that he was shaking. Sehun was crying so hard, his body trembled. I slowly looked up from his chest, only his face was hidden in my shoulder, leaving me with no sight of it.

“Please…” he whispered. “Please believe that I didn’t lie to you.” More tears lashed out at his words. “I didn’t… I didn’t want this to happen… I didn’t…” he was mumbling into my shoulder. Then I heard him say my name. With such sincerity and lightness, that I couldn’t take it no more.

Slowly, he raised his head to look at me in the eyes. His were red and swollen, probably just like mine.

“Don’t leave me again, please….” He whispered. “I don’t want you to leave…” wiping his eyes, his voice now steadier. “You misunderstood everything in the restaurant…” but tears were continuing to stream down his face. “I didn’t set the paparazzi on us… and I understand why you thought like that, it was likely, but please, believe me when I tell you this.” Sehun straightened.

“I went to the office for a different reason and then visited Suho for a different reason and most importantly… I took you out on a date for a completely different reason.” He looked down. “I wanted to decide something, something big and I needed you in it, I needed you so much.” It seemed like he wasn’t planning to continue, but I wouldn’t leave it like that. Not when it was finally getting to the point clarity.

“What, Sehun.” I asked. “If you don’t speak now, I’ll leave and you’ll never see me again.” At that his hold on my wrist tightened.

“No. No…. please.” He breathed in. “I… I wanted this for so long and … well yesterday I finally decided it’s time to do what needs to be done and…” he stopped. “I’m sorry, I’m talking nonsense.” He paused again, as if putting words in right order.

“I decided to leave my post.” My eyes widened. “I decided to leave the company, because it has never been something I enjoyed or liked to do, the only reason I stayed was because of my dad, but would he want to see me unhappy? No. So I decided to leave and finally went to the company today to announce it and then visited Suho, because I needed to calm my nerves and he’s good at talking and he also told me I made a right choice and now the company is in his father’s hands, he always seemed to want it anyway, but I’ll have part of the income every year, because it’s only fair, it’s my family’s business after all, but….” He finally breathed in. He talked nonstop, probably afraid that once he stopped he wouldn’t continue as easily. But I was glad he paused. The information was too hard to take in so easily.

“And then, I wanted to tell you of course, so when we went on the date, I was also prepared to talk, but now I’ve lost all the words and can’t seem to find them.”

He wanted to leave the company. So that means I had accused him wrong. I was wrong all the time. Why would he need to be in spotlight, if he was leaving the business completely?

“Tell me now,” I whispered. “Tell me.”

He sighed and looked at me before starting.

“I have a grandfather, you know.” He said suddenly.

That’s great?

“He’s probably the best person in the world. He’s actually one of the few people I have in this life. He lives just outside the city, in a house with a garden and closets are smaller than the living rooms there, like it’s supposed to be. That town is so sweet, I always loved visiting it. I also have a house close to grandpa’s and it’s just as pretty.” He sighed again and smiled. “And after going on that date with you, I realized, how amazing would it be if I lived there? I don’t have to go to the company anymore… and I would see grandfather as much as I’d like. I would find a job, maybe even something I want to do.”

“But then I realized that when I was imagining my life in that town, you were also there. You were there and I was confused, because in my mind it just all clicked as if that’s how things are supposed to be. Because why do I need a beautiful town, or a garden, or peace if you’re not there next to me?” he smiled again. “And just as we started to eat, my mind went wild. I imagined it all. Your cooking would be a lot tastier and Suho would visit every weekend since it’s not far away… and there would be peace and we would just start over again. And you also seemed happy and I thought maybe she would love it too and I just wanted to tell you this so, so much but then you ran away and I don’t blame you for it, believe me I would have done the same, but now please believe me when I say that I didn’t hire those paparazzi and I definitely didn’t want to use you. And I just want to get away from all this so much and I know you want it too, so please now just continue packing this suitcase, but instead of leaving just come with me and let me make you happy.”

He finally finished his speech, which went on quickly and emotionally.

What was happening around me?
Why was my head working so slowly?
Why couldn’t I form a proper answer?

“I’m sorry,” I croaked out finally. Sehun eyes shot up, they were red and wet and filled with confusion.

“What are you sorry for?” he asked.

“For blaming you. I should have listened to you, before making a scene.” I lowered my head.

“No, no, don’t be sorry, you did it for a reason.” He replied slowly.

“I’ve just become so… so… insecure lately…” I finished.

“It’s okay…” Sehun whispered.

“But what are you going to do?” I asked suddenly.

“What about?” his head shot up.

“What if there are no clubs in the town, how are you going to cope?” I smiled. His eyes lightened up instantly.

“Don’t worry. There are clubs, and other ways to enjoy your stay.” He chuckled.

“We can really go there?” I asked, I could feel my eyes starting to burn from tears again.

“Only if you want to.” He replied.

“What if I say no?” I asked again.

He thought for a second before saying, “Then I won’t have to pack my luggage. I’m always too lazy to do it anyway.”

“You’re going to stay too?” I asked, my eyes widening.

“I’m okay here too. As long as you stay.”

It was funny how he could stop the world with just his words. But did I want to run again? Wouldn’t it be too cowardly?

“I need to think about it. Give me some time and I’ll tell you in the morning, okay?” I asked him.

“Of course, sweetie.” There he goes again. Sweetie. “Tell me your answer when you’re ready.” Sehun stood up. “I’ll go now, sleep. Today was pretty tiring.” And sending me his last smile, he left the room.

I didn’t bother with unpacking my suitcase, or tiding up all the clothes on the floor. Only I realized I was still dressed – right out of a date, so I almost ripped off my clothes and entered the bathroom to wipe off my makeup and have a quick shower.

Thoughts washed over my mind the moment I stepped under boiling hot water. I replied Sehun’s words a thousand times. His confession about his grandfather, about his job and the life he wanted. He had never been so sincere before.

So did I want to go with him? Would it mean that I would run again? But I was so tired of running, but tired of staying too. Would it be different with him in a different town?

Then it stuck my mind and without any hesitation, I knew.

Jumping out of the shower, I quickly changed into my nightgown and left my room. Trying not t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter