Chapter 7

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t seem like it would, but like any other morning, sun rose up this time too. It didn’t seem like bright rays of sunlight would pour inside the room to illuminate it. It felt impossible for Oh Sehun to wake up and continue living, but he did it anyway. 

With a slight flutter of eyelashes, he his side in his bed. Because of his weird dreams, everything around him felt strange and unfamiliar. By the way, he couldn’t even remember what he had dreamed about. Only one face was clear in his mind. Maybe because she was sleeping next to him?

Sehun finally opened his eyes, expecting his wife to be laying beside him. Strangeness of his morning only continued when he found the other side of his bed empty. He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to recall the memories of last night. He had returned home after that big dinner party. Then his wife had said how tired she was so she would go to sleep. They had been alone in the house…

Of course she wasn’t next to him now. She only stayed with him, when her parents could see. He got used to it, that’s just it. That’s why he was expecting her to be next to him… 

Sehun left his bed quickly, without bothering to change his clothes (which were a pair of black dress pants and a white button up, as he’d crashed on his bed, first thing, the previous night), he walked past the bathroom and into the kitchen. His wife should have been up already, but the room was empty, with no sign of any food being have cooked there. Maybe she was still sleeping. She did seem pale last night in the car, on the way home… Should he check on her? No, she’d probably just kick him out, she wouldn’t want his face to be the first thing she sees in the morning. 

So, Sehun opened the fridge and found some food he could eat. To be honest he didn’t think her cooking was bad, he even liked it. Actually he loved everything she cooked. It was always so simple, but so delicious. Sehun finished his breakfast in one bite and looked over to the clock. 9:25. Sehun was so used to getting up early in the morning that he woke up too early, even after a long and tiresome party. It was Monday, but his appearance in office would only make things worse for him. How could it be that everything he did to save his own company was in vain? It felt like somebody was ruining everything for him, and if that was true, then that someone would be close to him. Close enough to know his future plans. 

That’s why, he didn’t leave the house in the morning. His father’s old friend - the man who tried his best to save him - would be in charge for the day. Maybe it would clear up even little part of the fog.

Having nothing to do, he decided to read a little, but soon after he fell asleep. After all the hardships he had to endure, he was tired. He just needed a little rest. 

This time, he slept with more vivid dreams and faces of his wife, her parents, Anna and even that Taehyung painted in his mind. He didn’t know how long the dreams can last, but when Sehun woke up, the sun was already setting. 

He rolled again in his bed, wanting to just stay there forever, but forced himself to stand up and walk out of the room. It was quiet once again, when suddenly loud sirens started yelling from somewhere. Quickly running to the window, Sehun looked outside, only to see two Police machines speeding in the direction of his house. His heart stopped beating for a moment. Were they coming for him? No, why would they? Just then, the two cars drove past his mansion, taking those deafening sounds with them. 

Strange, he thought. This neighborhood was quiet. It was actually the first time, he had seen the police here. 

Suddenly, buzzing of his phone, tore him from the windows, as he reached out for his phone on the coffee table. Looking at the screen, he almost jumped from surprise. 

The screen was full of notifications, some from his friends, colleagues and websites he had subscribed to. Wandering if the war had broken out, he ignored every one of them, only opening the one that mattered. Suho, his best friend, had sent him nine messages and a few missed calls.

What’s happening, Sehun?

Is it true?

Why aren’t you answering don’t make me nervous.

I’m so confused right now, are you alright?

Where are you?!! 

Trying to calm down his heart, that could burst out any minute, he dialed Suho’s number. After a few seconds, a familiar voice sighed on the other side.

“What the hell, Sehun! Where were you, I almost died!” he yelled into the phone.

“I’ve slept for a whole day, what’s happening?” Sehun asked nervously.

“What do you mean, what’s happening? You haven’t read it yet?” Suho asked a little annoyed.

“If you could only say what, you would save us a lot of time you know!”

“I sent you a link, just read it yourself, I can’t believe you’re so careless!” Suho yelled again and ended the call.

Sehun, even more confused now, opened the link, his best friend had sent him. It was an online News page, with a big headline right in the middle.

Famous Businessman Oh Sehun’s Partner Arrested For Document Falsification! 

Sehun froze in his place, not daring to move. The article was about his father-in-law. He read through more and more until he could believe that what was happening was real. 

All these months of false marriage and partnership were actually fake. 

How was he stupid enough to believe a man who sold his own daughter to a stranger?! How was he stupid enough not to see, that the person who almost ruined his company was often sleeping in his own house.

His head was spinning, not knowing how to take so much information.

“Y/N.” he said, suddenly. She was still, here. Did she know anything about this?

“Y/N” he called again, running to her room. He opened the door without hesitation, as fast as he could. But her bed was empty. As neat as ever, as if she hadn’t even slept there. He looked around the room, trying to find some clue, of where she could have been. 

“Y/N!!” he yelled suddenly, even though he knew, his wife was not home.

“Y/N!! Where are you?!” But of course she wouldn’t hear. She was long gone.

 

I sipped my drink again, opening my eyes. 

Ever since my father gave me those papers, I felt numb. But now, it seemed like I was frozen completely. I couldn’t feel, I couldn’t think. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter