Chapter 4

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up too early in the morning.

The sun was still shining weakly, but at the same time, it was the brightest time of the day. The rays of sunshine have a different sparkle in them when it’s so early in the morning. They bring happiness everywhere they go and I also felt like my life had never been brighter.

I almost forgot everything that had happened the previous day, but the memories flooded my mind when I looked out of the window and saw Sehun’s car.

I remembered our drive back home from that party. Tears had been streaming down my face and I couldn’t stop them until Sehun parked his car next to our house and I ran for my room. It was embarrassing. I was embarrassed, but I convinced myself that it was okay to let my emotions take over control for once.

I didn’t know what Sehun thought about this situation. I had practically blamed him for everything, even if I knew he didn’t care a bit about me. Maybe he laughed it off when he returned to his own room. He should have had great fun thinking about how I had reacted. That should have been the truth, but one image was still imprinted in my mind. It was Sehun, looking at my crying eyes in the reflection on the window of his car. His gaze didn’t hold any mockery then. I didn’t even know what that look meant, because it was the first time I had ever seen it on his face.

I tried to shake that thought off. I didn’t need to think about him anymore. Everything was clear. He didn’t want to put any effort in being a husband I could look at without hatred, so I wouldn’t care about him either.

I walked downstairs, in the kitchen and made a small sandwich I could eat with my hot cup of tea. My head was throbbing from all the feels my body had experienced the previous day and I didn’t need any dramatic situations for quite a long time.

I was sitting quietly at the small, round kitchen table, enjoying my simple breakfast, when I heard footsteps on the stairs.

Sehun had woken up.

He walked into the kitchen fixing his tie. My mind couldn’t stop thinking about how ridiculously good he looked in a white shirt. Girls in his company must have been crazy for him. Who wouldn’t be? Young, freakishly handsome and rich. I was married to a dream of hundreds of girls. Lucky!

He poured some water for himself and positioned himself in a chair opposite me, without even glancing at me. As usual. I was just done with my sandwich, so I stood up and placed my plate in the sink, before returning, to finish my, already not so hot, cup of tea.

He started sipping his water, when I sat back down on my chair and picked up my cup. I was looking down in a book that had been laying nearby on the table. It seemed interesting, so I finished my tea in one gulp and stood up again, taking my book with me.

I could feel his stare at me, but I didn’t care. When he realized that I was actually leaving, he coughed a little too loudly and I ignored it. I was almost out of the kitchen, when he stood up and pushed his chair away from him with a loud creak.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked with a tone which indicated, that he didn’t care even if there was something wrong.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said as I turned around to face him.

“I’m talking about the fact that-“

“The fact that there’s no breakfast on your table?” I cut in. “I was too tired this morning from the party last night, so I didn’t cook anything. And to be honest, I don’t have to cook for a man like you.” I said as I walked out of the kitchen. He followed me right after.

“And what kind of a man am I? Inform me if you could, please.”

“I’m sure you know perfectly well what kind of a man you are, and if not, then you don’t even deserve my explanation.” I said and headed to the stairs. “And don’t count on the breakfast tomorrow either. We’re going to the theater with my parents tonight and I’ll be tired tomorrow too.” I finished.

Upstairs, I could hear a loud slam of the main door which meant that Sehun had left. I felt proud with myself.

I wouldn’t take care of someone who didn’t even appreciate the fact that I woke up every day a little earlier, so he could have a nice meal before going to work. I wouldn’t try hard for someone who didn’t even feel the need to glance at me even once a day. This was a new start and Sehun could go anywhere he wanted. Maybe Anna could cook for him every day, at least I was sure she’d be happy to do it.

The rest of the day went on quickly and soon it was time for me to prepare for my night out with my dear parents. My mother had insisted on meeting me, but refused to do it without my husband. “You should already get used to the fact that you’re married. You might as well start acting like it.” that’s what she told me. So now I was forced to go to the theatre with my parents (whom I didn’t want to see), bring my dear husband (whom I didn’t want to see ever) and watch a play I had no interest in. My mother had chosen what to see, so of course it was something I hated.

It was already time for Sehun to return from work, but he was nowhere to be seen. He hadn’t called to remind me to get ready and maybe I was a little worried. Of course I was worried that he would make us late for the play. It was because of the play and the play only. Why else would I be thinking about Sehun?

I put on a pair of shining earrings that matched my maroon dress perfectly, when my phone buzzed.

It was a message from Sehun.

Never in our married life (which wasn’t exactly long) had he even sent me a message. I opened it immediately, expecting some sort of trouble.

I have problems at work, I don’t have enough time to come home. Just meet me at the theater.

I chuckled.

Problems at work? He worked at his own company. He didn’t have problems.

The only problem he had was called Anna, and I was sure that was the reason he didn’t have time to come home now.

I put on my coat and left the house. The drive to the theater wasn’t very long. I parked my car and in a few minutes I was waiting for my parents at the entrance. It was as if my dress and accessories were specially picked for this interior. The theater was decorated in dark red and gold, just like me. I looked into a big mirror which hung on one of the walls. It looked like I was a host of an old castle and I was waiting for my royal guests.

I spent time looking at other theater goers and soon I saw my parents walking through the big front doors. I hugged each of them lightly before my mother asked.

“Where’s Sehun?” she was looking for him around the hall.

“He’ll be here soon, he had problems at work.” I wouldn’t admit to my mother that my “husband” was cheating on me and probably doing it right now.

“Alright then, let’s wait for him.” my father said.

My mother was shooting different questions at me every second. Mostly about my life with Sehun. How it was working out. I was tempted to tell her everything, but fortunately I saw my husband walking through the main entrance.

He looked as handsome as ever, in his black suit. He smiled as he approached us.

“Mr. and Mrs. Y/L/N. So nice to see you again. I’m so sorry I’m late, I just needed to sort out some things at work.” What a talented actor, I thought.

“It’s okay, my dear.” my mother smiled. “Are you sure you’re not overworking yourself? You look really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter