Chapter 5

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up early in the morning, emotions from the previous night still making me shiver. It took more than a few minutes for me to actually sink in, that I wasn’t in my usual room, or my usual bed and that something unfamiliar was making my frozen body heat up.

I turned around in bed, only to be met by my husband’s sleeping face. I remembered the words he had said, when he thought I was sleeping.

“I’ll never see Anna again, Y/N.”

I shivered again and found that my body was trying to find warmth on its own, when I unconsciously curled up under Sehun’s warm arm. It was as if returning to your warm house after a long walk in the winter freeze. Pleasant feeling left trails as it explored my body.

I looked up to Sehun’s peaceful face. He was breathing slowly. For the first time, he looked as if everything was okay. As if he didn’t have any problems he couldn’t take care of. He looked almost happy. Suddenly his lips curled up into a smile as if he was having a good dream. My mind started wandering about what he could have been seeing in his sleep. What made him smile? Maybe I could ask him when he woke up.

Suddenly I realized that something would change in our relationship. He wouldn’t know that I had heard his little promise, but I knew. Would it change how I felt about him? Would it change the way he acted around me? And most importantly, did that mean that Sehun wanted to make our relationship work?

Scared of the answer I got up from bed, carefully putting Sehun’s arm away from my body. I stretched for a bit and left my husband’s room, heading to the kitchen. So many things had happened the previous night that I had forgotten to eat myself. I entered the kitchen, expecting a peaceful breakfast, but unfortunately I forgot that I had guests.

Faces of my parents greeted me, with not so welcome expressions. I sighed and walked to the fridge in search of food.

“Good morning, Y/N.” my mother started.

“Good morning.” I repeated quietly.

“Is Sehun still sleeping?” she continued to get on my nerves.

“As you can see.” I grabbed a bottle of fruit juice and went to the table. “So when are you leaving?”

“Why are you so rude?” my mother asked. “We just want to make sure our son-in-law is okay.”

“I’m his wife, I can make sure Sehun’s okay.” I said angrily, but I was interrupted with a click of the door.

“Are you talking about me?” Sehun walked in, smiling involuntarily.

“Sehun, dear! How are you feeling? We’ve been so worried!” my mother exclaimed. I looked over my father, he stayed quiet as always.

”Thank you, I’m feeling much better now. I’m sorry I ruined your evening last night.” Sehun answered and walked over to my right, sitting down next to me. “I’m okay, thanks to Y/N.” he said and placed his hand on top of mine.

I hated everything. I just wanted to clear up the situation between us. I wanted to know, how we would continue to act around each other, but now it was impossible. He started acting in front of my parents and it would change his previous thoughts about me. Why couldn’t my parents just stay away from us? They made me marry this man and now they didn’t even let us try to make our lives better.

“Well I think it’s time for us to go.” my father spoke up suddenly.

“Are you sure?” my mother asked and I wanted nothing more than to slap away that worried look on her face. She wanted something here. There was a reason she was still in my house and I would find out.

“Okay then. Sehun, sweetie, goodbye. We’ve going to go to our room and change.” my mother finished with a fake smile and left the kitchen with my dad.

“Finally.” I sighed and stood up from my seat. The warmth of Sehun’s hand leaving my palm. “I’m going to make some sandwiches. Are you hungry?” I asked him.

“No.” he said shortly. I turned around to look at him suspiciously.

“You still have the nerve to say no to breakfast after everything?”

“You said you wouldn’t bother to cook for me anymore.” he lowered his head and played with his fingers.

“Well I don’t want to become a widow. Stop acting like that.” I snapped and returned to making our breakfast.

“Like what?”

“You know exactly like what. The fact that I’m a little angry at you, doesn’t mean that I’ll let you starve.”

“I- I thought you would say something about…” he stopped for a while. I returned to the table with two plates.

“About?” I asked.

“You know what I’m talking about. Stop acting like that.”

“It’s annoying, isn’t it?” I asked letting out a small laugh. “Well you didn’t have any problems saying her name before.” I sipped my juice and looked at him in the eyes. What would happen if he realized that I knew about his little speech? Would he be relieved, angry of embarrassed?

“Forget her name, okay? Just forget she exists.” he locked our eyes. Before yesterday, I would have come up with some sassy reply. Maybe about how I wouldn’t forget that my husband sleeps with another woman, but I stayed quiet.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked suddenly.

“What?”

“You seem a lot quieter than usual. Are you keeping back because of yesterday? I’m feeling as good as always, you don’t need to go easy on me.” he said and bit from his sandwich.

“About yesterday…” I started. “Do you remember your little confession?” His face became pale, as if he would faint again.

“What are you talking about?”

“Well you said that your company is about to go broke.”

“Oh.” color returned to his face. “I- I guess….” 

“You can talk to me about it. I’m good at keeping secrets.” I sipped my juice again. Nervousness was crawling up my body.

“I have some papers….” he started. “Some papers that may be the saviors of everything. They’re in my room. I’ll need to take them to someone in a week and maybe I’ll be saved. The papers are-“

“I don’t want the details.” I cut in. “Believe me, the less people know what’s on them, the better. The main thing is that they can save your company.” I said with a strong voice and I didn’t know where it came from. He nodded one, biting from his sandwich once again.

“Would you be happy then?” he asked suddenly.

“What?”

“Would you be happy if my company got destroyed? It was the reason we were set up to marry right? My business would help your father rise again and our marriage would ensure our future companionship. You got in between without your consent. So you should be happy, if there’s no reason to be married to me right?” he was looking at his place, as if he was expecting my answer to pop out of it. But I didn’t have an answer. His company’s end would mean that these months of being married were wasted for no reason. And what would be next? Would I continue to live as if nothing happened? I doubt it. Nothing would ever make me forget my marriage with Sehun. I was sure of that.

“What do you want me to say?” I asked quietly.

“I don’t know.” his voice changed into a rougher one. “But you’re still wearing my shirt, so make sure to was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter